Winter is coming

Here’s a chilly forecast.
Read it … twice.
Understand this warning for what it is.

Do not make the mistake of believing it, though, or of wishing it.
What will happen over the next decade, no man can predict.

However, one may prepare.
One may also … strive to prevent this horror.

Finish your assignment! »
Perhaps The Tree of Liberty does need “refreshing” at this point in history,
but it need not be drowned.

via KaChing

1. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 10:18 am |

Will there be resistance? Absolutely there will be resistance

2. Posted December 30, 2012 at 11:43 am |

One word.

WOLVERINES!

3. Posted December 30, 2012 at 11:44 am |

I think everyone has heard of the “Boxer Rebellion”…

…would this be the “Feinstein Rebellion” ?

4. Melissa In Texas
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm |

Waiting, watching and preparing…

5. JoeBandMember™
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 1:11 pm |

One of my friends who would be “one to know” has told me to watch what I post on social media sites. He said that every last one is just a surveillance tool, and that Facebook is actually CIA funded.

6. Melissa In Texas
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm |

JBM… they already know where to find me ;)

7. tctsunami
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 2:55 pm |

This year for Christmas I went through my guns with my children. Where they are, the ammo for them, who gets what. I sold them all and they now own them. Much like our present administration that does not know the value of a dollar I sold them all. For a dollar.
    We spent the night cleaning them as they each decided which one’s they wanted. My rifles, pistols and shot guns are all under new ownership and well oiled. I’m just storing them temporarily. Last month my daughter was at the range with a friend (boy friend) and she was cutting the X ring @ 100 yds. with a 30.06.Needless to say he was impressed and well as I. But they have always had guns around the house and done a lot of shooting with me since they were old enough to hold a .22 rifle. My daughter really took a shine to my Glock model 19 and called first dibs on it. The boys settled or a .45 each. The wheel guns will give them each a .357 and the oldest claimed the .44 mag. Plus lot’s of shotguns and .22′s for all.

Then we talked about how these may be your last line of defense but only if the powers to be don’t confiscate them. The conversation will stay private, but I’m sure all here know how it went.

I’m trying to paint a very low radar profile as of late. Some due to election blahs and what’s going on in our great country, but I always find time to come here and read. Glad to see MIT posting, sorry that the CIA knows where to find her since I can’t. Perhaps Melissa, if they stop by your place you should suggest they come and see if they can find the spare key to the side door of my garage. I can’t find it anywhere and they might as well help me look. God forbid they spend time looking at all them guns Obama sold to the Mexican cartels.

I do not fear the police, I do not fear our military. I do not fear my neighbors or community. My elected officials, I fear.

8. blindshooter
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm |

I know I’m on lists. They probably have sub lists under my entries. Might even be 27 8×10 glossies attached.

Send money to your favorite pro gun rights .org if you can.
    Continue to pester your congress critters with email and letters.
    Like Doug said, strive to prevent this from happening at all.

9. Brad
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm |

Nearly every action, terrorist, resistance or military, has a phase where information is gathered. It is likely that they are gathering info. And turnabout is fair play. Those who might choose to help those fighting in support of our constitution should gather the information on the pols and others who would be likely targets, now, before the info becomes unobtainable. A task that any liberty loving American could do, regardless of age or physical condition.

10. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:12 pm |

test.

11. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm |

Hmmm. “The system” ate my comment…….

12. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm |

Damn! Ate it again! Does this website have some filters against specific URLs? I was trying to link to Vanderbouegh’s novel “Absolved” via his website Sipsey Street Irregulars.

13. Chris in NC
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 9:01 pm |

“Perhaps The Tree of Liberty does need “refreshing” at this point in history, but it need not be drowned.”

Completely disagree, Doug. If it comes to blood, the tree needs to be fed until every drop of the enemy is gone. No mercy, no prisoners, no stopping until it is done. Otherwise, we’ll have to fight it again all too soon.

14. Melissa In Texas
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 9:02 pm |

^so true^

15. rickn8or
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 9:30 pm |

Baxter, is Absolved the one you mean?

16. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm |

^^ Yep, that’s it.

I wonder why I couldn’t post it…..?

17. Spin
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 11:46 pm |

Well it certainly doesn’t need anymore fertilizer.

18. PeggyU
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 2:09 am |

^ True. Too much fertilizer kills, as has been demonstrated.

19. Posted January 1, 2013 at 2:14 am |

You will feel the pain, and you might even live long enough to regret it….

Photobucket

20. Posted January 1, 2013 at 2:22 am |

I think I just got a boner.

Posted January 1, 2013 at 2:25 am |

Hog, do you have a photo of your discount tent?

22. Posted January 1, 2013 at 9:18 am |

I have one, but Photobucket is completely screwed right now. Why people take a working enterprise and decide to screw it up so bad that it’s unusable is beyond me. I could have gone down there and yanked the plug out of the wall for a lot less than they paid some idiotic engineers. The effect would be the same.

Make a comment @ hogwhitman.wordpress.com and I’ll send you one from there.

Posted January 1, 2013 at 10:17 am |

Here ya go. I saved it but wanted to credit who I stole it from.

24. Melissa In Texas