the 364 daze of Christmas

1. TimO
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 12:25 pm |

My dear old Dad used to kid my Christmas-crazy wife that he was going to make a bunch of flag-themed ornaments so she could keep the tree up until the 4th of July….

2. PatrickP
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 12:41 pm |

L.O.L.

Posted December 31, 2012 at 12:49 pm |

Tomorrow morning I shall wiggle my nose and blink my eyes and everything Christmas will be back in their rubber maids put away in the basement and the house will be cleaned. Ahh yes nice to be magic.

4. PeggyU
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 1:03 pm |

One year, out of curiosity to see how long the tree could last, I kept it up until Valentine’s day. I found strings of valentine lights at Target, and added them to the tree. My husband was mortified, and the kids were starting to get a little uncomfortable with it too. So, it was also an interesting social experiment. I shoulda applied for a governement research grant or something.

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 1:36 pm |

I’m going to miss all those deflated blow up santas and stuff all piled up in peoples’ front yards all day the most.

SOME night I’m going to plink my way across town….

6. Melissa In Texas
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 2:22 pm |

OH!
    I am not the only one who hates those awful inflatable decorations!
    I have this really nice slingshot….

7. Stick
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 2:41 pm |

Chicken wire light balls hith up in the trees are tres cool.

8. Lance
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 3:37 pm |

Head Missy SondraK & youz Porch Minkees have given me a
    wunnerful episode for a moobee I wanna develop the plot for.
    It’s about a hysterical safety-nazi wimmin that memorizes every
    safety precaution on every label & in every publication & on TV.
    Then she spends most of her time practicing all those safety
    ‘rules’ & drives her fambly bonkers. Then she goes out & recruits
    a buncha other wimminz to do the same insane, obsessive,
    hysterical, screaming, psychotic safety ‘episodes’ day & night.
    The Christmas tree fire & safety hazard can be a goldmine of
    ideas. Plus Santa, chimney, reindeer, roof collapsing, etc.
    Intended to make Code Pink look very sane & normal.

9. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 5:13 pm |

^ I’m gonna be a STAR!!!!

10. Darrell
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 12:22 am |

Trees stay up ’til Three Kings–January 6th.
    Tell the kiddies to get the facts or shut the fuck up.