slam ma’am, thank you

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston, Cpl, United States Marine Corps, 2004-2012

Somebody buy Cpl Boston a beer!

You know … NUTS!

1. TimO
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 11:51 am |

Just a prediction – somebody will make a fortune if they sell bury-able gun safes….

2. Posted January 3, 2013 at 12:21 pm |

Joshua Boston, Cpl, United States Marine Corps, you might not want to attach your name to something when the government is involved.

TimO, metal detectors and ground penetrating radar. They will find it if they think you have it, evening if it means digging up the neighbor’s yard and shooting their dogs because they got the wrong address.

Posted January 3, 2013 at 12:27 pm |

I wonder— being able to own guns hasn’t stopped this government from not following the constitution.

4. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 12:34 pm |

Tim(1)
    They do. You can also make your own.
    Hint: don’t bury your main cache on you own property; a search will involve a magnetometer and/or ground-penetrating radar.
    (What? Yeah, maybe bury a sacrificial throw-away on your own property, if you wanna make ‘em think they’ve found your cache and quit lookin’.)

5. mojo
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 12:58 pm |

Gotta give ‘em something, else they just keep comin’ back. A couple of old, nearly useless weps will make them happy.

As for hiding:
    “In order to search, one must first learn how to hide.”

6. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 1:07 pm |

I’d buy the Cpl a beer, but he shouldn’t have given his real name. Maybe he didn’t.

7. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 1:07 pm |

Yeah, an old ammo crate filled with Nerf Guns would do it. Then when BATF digs them up you say “Well, I figured those were going to be next.”

Thing is, you’d probably be correct. The feds would take the stash and skulk off, muttering “How in hell did he know that?”

8. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 1:17 pm |

I don’t think anyone on the porch has mentioned it, but this is interesting.

(Money quote in the third last graph.)

9. Posted January 3, 2013 at 2:16 pm |

Thats why I like to keep old cars and other junk around on my property, thats a lot of metal to dig up if your looking for something.

10. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 2:36 pm |

LotF (8)
    Good link.
    I took the opportunity to poach the sentiments from a comment there by Layman January 1, 2013 at 3:21 pm.

11. mojo
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 2:47 pm |

Totally hosed “NUTS” link, Doug.

12. Fat Baxter
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm |

I read somewheres that Gen McAuliffe actually said something like “go fuck yourselves!” as his response to the Germans, but the papers couldn’t print that. So they changed it to “Nuts!” and that’s what history now says.

13. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 5:28 pm |

mojo (11) Fixed. Thanks.

FB (12) Either way works for me.

14. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 6:37 pm |

it does me good to see gun and ammo sales at this kind of pace. It sends a message loud and clear to all those who think they can just call for all guns to be turned in.

I might be looking for a lever action .357 magnum, since most every semi is being bought up the moment it hits the shelf.
    I think Marlin used to make one.

15. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 7:19 pm |

DougM (10):

Thanks. From the same site, you might want to review this one as well.

In fact, go to the home page and scroll through for a while. Thus guy’s got his poop in a group.

16. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 8:17 pm |

^ LotF
    You might want to review this one.
    Try to keep up, eh?
    [covers mouth, giggles]

17. JoeBandMemberâ„¢
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 8:35 pm |

40-0-0.

18. tctsunami
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 11:10 pm |

Guns don’t work when buried in the ground. They do work in the hands of patriots.

I don’t believe the military would ever turn nor the law enforcement on the local and state level. It’s them damn “wanna be’s” that work for Obama’s home grown military force known as the TSA and other agencies he is arming. I think they (our present administration) know that only the only ones that would ever carry out their orders are the unionized “I work for the government” slobs they have been arming of late. Little do they know that the badge and gun they carry and the 15 min. video they watched on how to be a good minion of the state are no match for anyone that has had military training.

Our convictions are true and strong. They are only loyal to a paycheck.

19. Posted January 4, 2013 at 12:39 am |

I usually bury at least one dead hooker on my property to make them stop looking for the other ones.

20. The Friendly Grizzly
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 4:39 am |

#18, I don’t for two seconds fool myself that the police and military will be on our side.

Back when your police departments were peace officers, maybe. Now, they are law enforcement. Now, in place of squad cars they have SUVs with blacked-out windows, APCs, and all manner of interesting military toys issued to them by Uncle. And the mentality of your police officers have changed. Rather than serve the community and maintain peace and order, they want revenge for being pantsed in the school corridor, or getting their lunch money taken by the playground bully.

21. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:07 am |

^ TFG
    I’m inclined to agree.
    A lot of departments have armed-up as part of the anti-terrorism/drugs/gangs strategy. Trouble is, the definition of “terrorist” seems pretty flexible in some quarters.
    A militarized police force can be used against insurrection as easily as against crime; and after a few cops are killed in an uprising, the gloves will be off.

Posted January 4, 2013 at 11:20 am |

General Macallife did not use profane language, ever! His first reponse was verbally, “Aw Nuts!”