today’s Lympians don’t trust their guardians

Highline School District Superintendent Sue Enfield says guns are not the answer to possible threats of violence in schools in the Burien area.

She has proposed making the district a “gun free zone.” The district’s 20 armed guards would be disarmed

1. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 10:29 am |

That is so fucking stupid it defies comment. Sorry about the language, but it was necessary.

2. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 10:30 am |

That is so frigin stupid it defies comment.

3. Thunderbottom
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 10:35 am |

I’m guessing that Ms. Enfield won’t have to worry if some miscreant bent on indiscriminate mayhem shows up at one of “her” schools because, as district gauleiter superintendent, her office is probably not located within any of the schools she “superintends”. I’m also guessing that, as part of a “zero tolerance” program, no student is allowed to bring not even as much as a paring knife onto school property, leaving the kids well and truly defenseless.

4. JustSayin
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 10:45 am |

But it works!

5. Posted January 8, 2013 at 10:48 am |

To be on the wrong side of this issue, with the surname “Enfield”….. is that ironing?

Or just stupid.

Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:00 am |

Yes, Wollf, she brings shame on the name.

7. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:01 am |

Wollf, your comment would certainly fly right over Ms. Enfield’s head.

Let’s see if the parents get onboard with this bold proposal.

8. Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:12 am |

Steve, I know that I sure as hell wouldn’t. I mean, they ALREADY have armed guards. If she succeeds in her quest and some, even ONE child is injured because of this, she should be arrested as an accessory.

Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:32 am |

A superintendent is a 100% political job, whose only requirment is to have been a teacher. The Super is like a battalion CO, whose chain of command under consists of School Principals and School Boards. The Supers chain of command above consists of the County and City elected Peeps in which that Super`s school district is located.

A BATSHIT Superintendent is one who attempts to impose something protected by the Constitution, except just in that Super`s district!

HOW in the fuck does BATSHIT Superintendent plan to confiscate all legally defined firearms, police that District and impose penalties on citizens who just happen to live in that school district?

This is about as insane as would be a failed architet & painter, whose only talent was being a Corporal and message runner in some previous world war————–OHHHH, WAIT! (…pauses…) Never. Mind……….

{…Often, I wonder if I should not limit my comments to under 2 or 3 word sentences. Nah…}

10. PeggyU
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:48 am |

Wouldn’t be surprised to see enrollment drop at that school if her proposal is adopted. Then they’ll be crying about the loss of funding. Idjits.

11. Posted January 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm |

She should have that Gun Free logo tattooed on her fore head. That otta to it.

12. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 1:24 pm |

Buh bye, Superintendent.
    Good luck with the re-election thing.

13. Lurch
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 2:21 pm |

I think the link below was what you wanted.

Why would you fear disarmament? Kids are only bringing guns in a few times a year to those schools?! She’ll win by a landslide if she runs again – so compasionate to help the wackos remove the people who could stop them.

14. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 5:34 pm |

Apparently her office is a “brain free” zone.

15. Murphy(AZ)
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 5:53 pm |

Guess I’m not the only one who sees “gun free schools” as “targets.”

16. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm |

Like I’ve said, so many places, the Democrats are the criminal’s best friend. identifying this school as another place full of unarmed victims is the dumbest thing anyone could possibly do. And the Theattow newth media is jumping for joy.

If we don’t rise up against this stuff, we will be invaded by foreign troops the moment they think we have been disarmed.

I will not turn in one gun, not even the starter pistol given me by someone who was even afraid of that, due to the fear mongering scumbags in the government and their pimped media.

As far as I’m concerned, the line in the sand has been drawn.

What say you?

17. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 8:44 pm |

Joe: I say that we should have been shooting and overtaking decades ago.

It is far to late to save anything but yourself and loved ones I’m afraid. We can band together in groups, but Waco and Ruby Ridge are going to be a common occurrence in the coming years.

The thing that’s been bugging me this past couple days is my brain trying to associate the name Reichstag with Newtown Connecticut.

Posted January 8, 2013 at 10:48 pm |

Hey Super Enfield – Put yer money where yer mouth is and proudly put a “Gun Free Household” sign in your front yard.
    I’ll even have one printed just for you.
    C’mon, we’re waiting…………

19. ZZMike
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 2:26 am |

Two gun-free schools: One in Newtown, one in Columbine. There may be others.

The Washington school could arm their guards with really neat notebooks, so they can take notes should violence occur.

20. PeggyU
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 3:22 am |

^ No, they need iPads. This is Washington, after all. Gotta have the high tech spendy notekeepers. It’s for the chiiiiildreeennn.

21. Thunderbottom
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 6:23 am |

#9, Col. Jerry, Suh: At least that failed painter/architect was a genuine combat veteran with a genuine award for valor unlike our current occupant in the White House (and, no, I’m not speaking of Michelle).
    #17, Caged Insanity: All we can hope to do is to take as many of them out before they take us down. If we can make it as costly as possible for them, they may not have the stomach to continue the fight.