backfire

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect “any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.”…

…according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that’s exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare…

1. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 5:43 pm |

Since when have facts, the truth, or the law stopped Obama from destroying America?

2. rickn8or
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm |

Is that the same NRA that supported him over the Republican challenger his last election?

3. Posted January 9, 2013 at 6:18 pm |

You mean, like the court decision that says, yes, doctors do have the right/power to ask you about guns in your home, whether they belong to you, or if they’re your parents when you’re a minor? That sort of “non-collection” of gun data??

Sounds like some dumbass judge didn’t get the memo. I mean, read the bill. And here was little old me, thinking “ignorance of the law is no excuse”. Look what happens when there are so damn many laws that not even the judges can keep up with them.

4. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 7:07 pm |

The NRA is meeting with Biden tomorrow, as you’ve heard from the Presstitutes.

I have just contacted the NRA and informed them that I will accept no compromise of my Second Amendment Rights, and that if they cave, I will immediately resign.

I strongly suggest that all other members do the same, and right now.

Thank You.

5. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 7:08 pm |

No shit? Well, damn… here, I can fix that, I got a pen here (*skritch skritch*) and… there! Problem fixed. Now it says “the government “must” collect information…

Posted January 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm |

Like that’s going to make a difference??? He/they don’t care about the constitution why should this little old provision in the health care bill be any different?

7. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 10:10 pm |

The law is for little peeps.

Posted January 9, 2013 at 10:20 pm |

You have to vote for it to see what’s in it. But they can still change it at will in the fine print of other bills.

Posted January 10, 2013 at 7:36 am |

Or— have the Supreme Court rule on it.

10. Lergnom
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 10:43 am |

Key word there is “lawful”.

11. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:47 pm |

2nd amendment is the only issue “Sierra Harry” is on target with.