guns and assholes

…I personally would like to thank Gawker and the other rag in New York for presenting us with one of the most compelling arguments against gun registration

— some “asshole”

…As the president said, if you’re [ sic ] actions result in only saving one life, they’re worth taking….

1. Jess
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 1:04 pm |

I see the the personal injury litigation coming. Personal injury is a lucrative business; especially if there are deep pockets to be found.

I have a feeling the search term: “Net worth of Gawker” is popular today.

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 2:50 pm |

Been lookin’ at that poster.
    Yeah, the irony and non-6-y.o.-ness are obvious to most KisPers; but I’m not entirely sure about how the grabbers saw it.
    Look, I’d hate to attribute that much stupidity to ‘em without cause, though, so maybe somebody has the back story on this.
    Was it serious or just a satirical/tongue-in-cheek thing?
    I gotta believe it was the latter.
    Please let it be the latter,
    otherwise I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

3. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm |

^ It’s pretty old and there were more….we had one of the best threads ever waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on the blog before the last one that ate itself spoofing on it. I am often quite saddened that the post got eated. Maybe I’m not the only one left who remembers it? I think Hog might…

It wasn’t original to us, just the spoofing part.

4. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 3:41 pm |

^ Yeah, I vaguely remember that;
    but it’s the irony of the original poster post out there in the interwebbery that I’m interested in.
    Was it originally a joke or was it serious?

5. Posted January 9, 2013 at 3:56 pm |

I don’t remember right offhand, the description is too vague. But there’s a good chance I still have it if I had a keyword.

6. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 4:34 pm |

It was serious. There were a whole bunch of them.

Posted January 9, 2013 at 4:43 pm |

No matter it says what I’ve been saying. Anyone who owns a “gun” is a killer. There is no other reason to have one. They must be confiscated to protect the children. NRA is made up of money grubbing gun lovers using their thug tactics.

8. Paul
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 5:10 pm |

I think the cartoon was real accurate in some respects. It showed good people who failed to have a gun got shot dead and a bad guy who got a gun killed them.

There is a moral there.

No it isn’t good people should not have guns cause then they would be DEAD good people then. The moral is if good people want to stop bad people THEY NEED GUNS TO.

Posted January 9, 2013 at 5:11 pm |

I’d better stop thinking and grub some of my money over to the NRA and tell ‘em to show some spine in defending our rights before we have to.

The poster thread– I do sorta remember it, too.

10. Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:45 am |

The day I start taking advice from a 6-year-old is the day I become a Librul.