ToDaZeD Popularity Poll

May Queen FAIL

According to Public Policy Polling, here are the things more popular than Congress:

root canals (32 for Congress and 56 for the dental procedure),

Posted January 10, 2013 at 9:16 am |

No maggots?

Nickelback?

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 9:27 am |

*heh*
    Pic should be a Great White takin’ an arm an’ a leg.
    Mebbe a croc.
    (What? Yeah, there’s a Cap’n Hook cultural ref in there somewares.)

Posted January 10, 2013 at 9:58 am |

Congress did manage to beat out telemarketers (45-35), John Edwards (45-29), the Kardashians (49-36), lobbyists (48-30), North Korea (61-26), the ebola virus (53-25), Lindsay Lohan (45-41), Fidel Castro (54-32), playground bullies (43-38), meth labs (60- 21), communism (57-23), and gonorrhea (53-28). . .

4. rickn8or
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 10:14 am |

Mimes?

Gilbert Gottfried?

PETA?

Posted January 10, 2013 at 10:33 am |

The fucking so-called “Golden Years” ?

6. mojo
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 10:39 am |

Cucarachas.

7. Posted January 10, 2013 at 10:57 am |

….and yet We the People STILL don’t vote them all out. No hope…..No change.

Or is that Backwards?

Yup, it is.

Posted January 10, 2013 at 11:08 am |

I noticed they didn’t include polls.

9. Jess
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm |

I think they could gain a few points if they get rid of Pelosi.

10. PeggyU
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 1:42 pm |

Piers Morgan?

11. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 7:43 pm |

mech 3: congress beats gonorrhea *this* year…. but give them another year or two and then check again.

12. Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:52 pm |

Did I ever tell you about the time that I accidentally left a paper bag of 30 crickets on the Service Desk of some schmancy Porsche/Audi dealership in Knoxville? It was about closing time on a Friday afternoon, and everybody wanted to get out of there as fast as they could, so the brown paper bag went unnoticed. It didn’t take the crickets long to get out of the bag.

Have you ever had a cricket in your house? Do you have any idea of how LOUD they actually are?

Well, that dealership knows now. I guess it took them about a month to get rid of them all. Personally, I would have just brought in a cat. Cats aren’t worth all that much, I’ll give you that, but they will stalk a cricket until they find them, and eat them. Hours, days, minutes. It doesn’t matter to them.

They will stay on the job until it’s done. When they succeed (as they always do) It sounds like they’re eating Doritos© or something.

13. Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm |

^^ Hog… You, by some chance have a pair of rubber undies and a well used Leather Whip?

Yeah, D’oh, I am a bit slow on the uptake. Y’all are famous… Well, if yer name is Dennis.

14. Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm |

^ Wolff

It is and I am. I never really planned on it. It just happened. The Leather Whips thing was just part of a phrase that I thought belonged in a song, so I made it one.

I’m sure I’ll never live that one down. I knew that at the time, but I just thought, “meh”. I still think, “meh”.

Not caring about what other people think of you is an entirely new form of freedom. Of course, there are limits. Try to stay within the local, state, and other laws while you’re at it. And lay offa them goats.

15. Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm |

Oh, and if anybody else is so desperately bored, and wants to hear that song, here’s a live version. The first time I ever sang this song in public.

Hog on Broadway

16. Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:46 pm |

^^^^Hog, my invisible friend! I did a search on yer nomdeplume, and realized that I had heard you, and that ditty, on Imus….. A real live Celebrity are you.

I do feel a bit dummass for the years it took to sink in…. Rock on.