Here’s a story MSNBCBS won’t carry…

Grief / Pathos / FearDeath Pr0n Inc.

Anybody else noticed the Evening Nooz wallowing in the Newtown CT and the Aurora CO shooting “stories?” I mean positively bathing in it, tossing it over their heads in joy, blowing bubbles in it and easing back into its embrues of horror. Each detail lovingly described, fondled. The names and pictures shouted and shown over and over and over.

WTF?

Here’s one result.

[DailyMail] Misty Benjamin is unlike any other at the trial – the 30-year-old sits in the overflow section of the Arapahoe County courthouse in support of the man who is accused of shooting dead 12 people and injuring 70 more.

Benjamin has even dyed her hair a shocking red in support of Holmes, of whom she says: ‘I don’t think he is a bad guy. What he did was bad.’

The University of Phoenix graduate said that she made the decision to dye her hair so that 25-year-old Holmes would know that he had her support.

She added: ‘Tons of people are hating me because I’m deciding to be compassionate and show compassion for a person that committed a horrendous crime.’

But not all people are h8in on her.

Written in Misty’s yellow notebook, which she carries to court each day: “We are not supposed to go through life alone, so why should James go through his trial alone? James is not alone, he has me.” On her wrist she wears a pink plastic bracelet with the word “besties.” Her best friend from Michigan, whom she met on the Facebook page “James Holmes is Innocent,” wears a matching bracelet. {DailyBeast]

…But don’t mistake her for a “Holmie,” she says. That’s the name generally given to Holmes’s online groupies, a following that, since July, has banded together to send letters to Holmes in jail, wear plaid shirts, drink Slurpees (Holmes made reference in an earlier video that he wanted to own a Slurpee machine after senior year), and eat at Subway, the sandwich shop where Holmes ate regularly when he was a student at the university.

“I pretended to be a Holmie in the past,” Benjamin admits as she takes a small bite of her egg-salad sandwich at a Starbucks a few miles from the courthouse. “On a couple of days I wore plaid and ate at Subway.” But then, even in the safe haven of the Internet, she says she became disillusioned with what others thought of her.

and

Indeed, posts about breaking Holmes out of jail and the notion that the 24-year-old was set up by the government are common on “Holmie” forums. Benjamin disagrees. “It makes people who actually care for James look horrible. I am more realistic than them … I think conspiracy theories take away from his intellect. By saying the government did this, it takes away from his agency and ability to speak.”

I’ll leave that para to others to untangle…. I need a nice lie down and maybe a conversation with some nice, sane chickens.

I didn’t know this, but apparently the NFL figured this out during the “streaker” phase: they never show anyone leaping out of the stands and running across the field. Or tossing stuff onto the filed. Because they know that showing it on TV will encourage people to do it more…

Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:24 am |

Her/their parents are where???

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:32 am |

The 1%.
    I think we have a new use for the term.

3. Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:37 am |

She’s obviously smarter and more virtuous than you, in her own estimation, because she has escaped from the righteous indignation and moral outrage that all normal, well-grounded people feel on this issue.

In other words, look at me-e-e-e-e!

4. mojo
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:41 am |

Homicide Groupies. A common occurrence.

Most of ‘em are women. Go figure.

As a wise man once observed, “Skirts is weird.”

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:42 am |

So she’s one of them people who should be restricted from owning a weapon. Awesome.

It’s working.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:24 am |

Claire the NFL/networks makes sure nothing patriotic is shown either. Unless of course it’s some idiot singing/screaming the national anthem.

7. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |

Ted Bundy got himself a new girlfriend while in prison, and despite not being allowed conjugal visits, got her pregnant too. Up to his execution women were writing him with proposals of marriage.

And don’t get me started on young women’s romantic fascination with vampires. Some people are incapable of making a moral judgement. Witness urban hipsters in Che shirts.

8. Thomas M.
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:46 am |

Is she related to Rachel Corrie?

9. PeggyU
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:12 am |

Buying plaid shirts, slurping Slurpees, and eating sammiches … hanging out at Starbucks and surfing the Internet, writing letters to a psychotic loon, and spending time in court. Does this person have a job of some sort? How does she afford the sammiches, flannel shirts, and postage? Just curious.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:19 am |

^^ Mommy and daddy are paying for their very compassionate intelligent daughter to get a good education.

11. OTA Mom
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:33 pm |

Good education?!? Isn’t the University of Phoenix an online diploma mill?

12. Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:53 pm |

I knew this vampire chick once. Oh wait, I still do. No wonder I’m so pale.

13. PeggyU
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 2:51 pm |

Geezerette – She’s 30 years old. I don’t think she’s studying medicine or engineering, either.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 2:55 pm |

She is an emotionally underdeveloped creature who needs to be in a rubber room until she stops bouncing.
    She is the sort of groupie who followed Charles Manson around and did his evil bidding, and as such should be institutionalized, never mind be able to buy a firearm or vote.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm |

My bad— right she’s a graduate— holy crap– that makes it even worste r— (spell check) so what is she doing to afford her life style? Is it actual Mommy and Daddy or Obama’s mommy and daddy— I know she’s just virtual—-

16. Jess
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 5:28 pm |

Every generation has a Squeaky Fromme. Too bad they’re all as ugly as homemade soap.

17. Posted January 11, 2013 at 7:48 pm |

But she does have the cutest little yellow teef. I’ll give her that. Hell, I should talk. I barely even have any more teef.

I like wimmins who still got some teef. And them other ones too. But for different reasons. I really can’t go into it here.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:14 pm |

If I tole her that on my last mission in Vietnam, where my wingman`s F4B could not launch, so I went as a singleton to the DMZ and under control of an Air Force Birddog FAC, killed 40 NVA soldiers w 12 500lb bombs, dropping them one at a time, and landed, checked out and returned to the “World”
    USA, after 2 years of combat——would it be okay for this gray haired former fighter pilot to suggest that I deserved a blow job? After all, I am not a bad person, but what I did was bad (…from a Vietnamese standpoint…)

I only have a dim remembrance of what a blowjob consists of but I spect she could remind me………

19. Paul Moore
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 3:45 am |

There is nothing new about this. I read an account of the Lizzie Borden trial once. Apparently she was as guilty as O.J., but that didn’t keep the sob sisters from fawning over her.

20. Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:46 pm |

Colonel Jerry, SIR!: In this Private’s humble opinion, you deserve a blow job.

While not volunteering for this duty myself, I could suggest several LBFM’s that should suffice.

Happy Endings!

21. ZZMike
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:25 am |

I suppose that’s part of the “hate the sin, love the sinner” thing.