there aughtta be an epic argument FAIL law

At @ 7:22 mister Morgan uses Sudafed as an argument for banning “assault weapons” in that IT IS ILLEGAL to purchase it in certain quantities ( 6 ).

Then goes on to produce SIX BOXES OF SUDAFED IN HIS POSSESSION…………

previously…

Possessing a magazine capable of holding 10 or more rounds of ammunition, even if empty, is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

1. Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:32 am |

He also dismissively referred to the Constitution of the United States as a “little book.” I guess that means the Magna Carta is merely some old bit of scribble that happened to to be useless in the outhouse.

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 8:48 am |

No jackass is totally worthless.
    They can always be used as a bad example.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:19 am |

Ahh but DougM there are those who believe every word he says. No matter what!!

4. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:30 am |

Don’t try this at home kids, I am a trained journalist!

5. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |

The fact that law abiding citizens with sinus conditions already suffer because criminals are able to abuse a product is a good example how?

6. Justin Credible
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 9:47 am |

Didn’t he inadvertently make the case against banning something? The purchase of 6 pkgs is banned, yet there he is…

Yeah, that ban worked SO well, dinnit?

7. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:05 am |

The Morgan also asked why anyone needed an AR-15 for protection. Well, that 15 year old man in Texas, home alone with his 12 year of sister, found one made for a rather convincing argument when two home invaders broke thru his back window.

And the women in Georgia who retreated upstairs with her 9 year old twins, then behind a lock bedroom door, then behind a locked bathroom door and then into a crawl space before emptying her 38 into a home invader was lucky he did not have a friend along for the fun.

8. mojo
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:25 am |

“I keep my Ar-15 around in case there’s any snotty Brit fuckwits around that need killin’, Piers.”

9. PeggyU
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:58 am |

They are especially snotty when addicted to Sudafed, I’ve heard.

10. Murphy(AZ)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:01 am |

There are OVER 20,000 gun laws in these United States; federal, state and local. Joe “Useless sak-o-STUFF” Biden notwithstanding, nothing that his Blue-Ribbon (aka Brown-nosed) commission might propose is going to change anything! All of those laws in their entirety have not stopped even one gun crime in all the years we have been a nation. 20,000 more O’Bamah edicts won’t either. This is nothing more than another example of Washington self-satisfaction.

We, the People of America, are quietly saying to our government: “Go away and leave us alone!” Primp and pose for the evening news if you must, but until you are willing to enforce the laws that are already on the books, PLEASE JUST SIT DOWN AND SHUT-UP!

All you are succeeding in doing is making yourselves look foolish, and you are driving gun sales, magazine sales, and ammunition sales to astronomical records!

If I were the “Gun Industry,” I’d be thanking you from the bottom of my heart (wallet.) Keep up the good work, Joe!

Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:16 am |

I say ban banning!!! The only reason anyone has a “gun” is to kill someone or something. All you need is one bullet. Shoot and what ever you wanted to kill is dead. There now be cool why would you want kill anything?

12. doug
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:47 am |

Barak Hussein Obama – NRA salesman of the year, four years running.

13. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:51 am |

No stupid stoners were able to get pot in Washington before it was legalized yannow.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:59 am |

Of course^^^ and because of the new laws no criminals will have one— or insane murderers.

15. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:26 pm |

Why does anyone need an AR-15?
    So they won’t need an M-16.

16. Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm |

I wouldn’t stick my banjo up David Gregory’s ass, and I don’t even have a banjo.

Did that make any sense? Nevermind.

17. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm |

^ I’m going to do a bleg to buy Hog a banjo.

18. Sigivald
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm |

Doesn’t he realize that everyone in the country thinks that the restrictions on Sudafed are absolutely stupid bullshit posturing*?

It’s the perfect analogy to gun control, actually. It inconveniences, annoys, and disempowers the citizenry while having absolutely no effect on the thing it claimed to be aimed at.

(* I am also under the impression that the “bans” are all state level, at least so far… and in fact are often not “bans” so much as “if you buy over X we’re going to tell the Sheriff’s office and they might come ask you some questions”…)

19. Merovign
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm |

And now, Gregory has been let off, because he’s of the “right social class.”

There Is No Law.

20. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm |

When I was working in uniform, I carried a S&W 9MM (I don’t remember the model number) and it held 15 in the clip. I guess I would be arrested now.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 4:03 pm |

Why would anybody need an AR-15? Suppose you are in your log cabin home an a bunch of wild indians are outside trying to break in. You got a single shot muzzle loader rifle. You can shoot ONE fuckin injun. Then you gotta pour powder, patch a lead ball and ram it down the barrel, then either fill up the flintlock pan or put a cap on in order to inject fire into the barrel and fire a SECOND shot!!!!!!

Good ole American ingenuity comes along and creates an AR-15! Now you can protect your family all by your self agin 5 or more intruders tryin to break in to your log cabin!! THAT. IS. WHY. DIPSHIT! [...civilization is just as thin as it always has been....]

22. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 4:48 pm |

Thong’s off to the first person who replies “shut up, DOUCHE ” to this fuckmook during a “discussion” on his show.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 5:33 pm |

Hey guys!!! The vice president said there’s no “silver bullet” to solve the gun control problem.

24. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm |

The AG would have recused himself if there were any real conflict of interest.

DC Attorney General and Family Friend Decides Not to Prosecute Pal David Gregory

D.C. Attorney General Irvin Nathan issued a lengthy letter explaining why there will be no prosecution of David Gregory despite a finding that there was a clear violation of the law.

Legal Insurrection discovered that AG Nathan is a family friend of David Gregory and his high-powered attorney wife, Beth Wilkinson. Nathan and Wilkinson participated together in a charity mock trial for the Washington, D.C. Shakespeare Theatre Company in 2011.

25. Posted January 11, 2013 at 7:33 pm |

^ Thong’s off to the first person who replies “shut up, DOUCHE ”

If he has a show, which is callable, I will call him up and say, “shut up, DOUCHE!”

I know how to do these things. I will do it.

Any chance of getting a glimpse of the “thongs off” thing before that?

26. Thunderbottom
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 6:51 am |

Piers should be careful – having six or more packages of epinephrine-based cold medications might make him subject to an early-morning “no-knock” raid by law-enforcement officers armed with automatic M-4′s and HK MP-5′s (nice dog you you have there – shame if anything happened to him…)