today’s deep audience participation

How many foreign entities has the United States provided weapons with which to fight their own governments?

( you see what I just did there. )

1. PeggyU
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:21 am |

I wonder how many foreign governments would provide us with weapons to fight ours?

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:26 am |

Wellp,
    there’s the US (okay, it’s not foreign foreign, but still…).
    I just ordered a sh*tpot full’a military-grade ammo from the US Gov’t to feed my semi-automatic military-surplus rifles which I bought from the US Govt, all of which were delivered directly to my front door.
    (see: Civilian Marksmanship Program)
    Can’t wait to see Prog heads explode when they find out about that Congressionally authorized program.
    (What? Oh, right.)
    *shhhhhh*

3. mojo
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:20 am |

Ah, the surplus Garand project. Did ya get a good one? I heard some of ‘em had seen better days.

4. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:29 am |

Any body got a Marlin .357 lever action they would part with?

5. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:29 am |

I find it q

6. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:34 am |

I can’t even work this dang comment thingy, it seems…

Our government has provided many foreign radical groups weapons with which to overthrow their own governments, but wants to remove our own privately owned weapons.

The bastards won’t get one of mine while there’s still a breath of life in me.

7. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:42 am |

Are you counting Mexican drug cartels?

8. mojo
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:50 am |

OT: Jerry Brown (certified loon) is proposing to spend several billion more, based on a “projection” of revenue that he says will be a SURPLUS! Yes, dammit, a SURPLUS!

Can we get Jer taken away by the men in the white suits now, please? He’s no longer amusing.

9. Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm |

Yes, I saw what you did there, and I’m not going to get roped into it.

Of course there’s Mexico, and Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Columbia, and a host of others. This is not to mention other places like the Philipeens, Taiwan and Viet Nam. South Africa, Angola, and Pacoima (which really needs it anyway).

But I’m not going to get roped into it.

10. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm |

mojo (3)
    They’re graded from collectible to wall-hanger and vary in price with grade.
    Yes, mine are a perfectly serviceable, which is kind’a the point.
    Generally, they’re returns from countries we armed back in the Cold War, but some were ceremonial (e.g. VFW honor guard).
    The pickin’s are kind’a slim, these days, though.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm |

^^And after our dain bramaged secstate forbade the South Korean Nat’l guard surplus (which I heard were in pretty good shape) it’s not getting any better.

For the question, do we count teh precedent’s civilian defense force?

12. PatrickP
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 1:18 pm |

Moderately off topic:

How the U.N. created an epidemic — then covered it up.

13. Posted January 11, 2013 at 1:40 pm |

^^^I know a guy who has a Marlin .450 carbine that he might be willing to part with, but it’s really not a fun gun to shoot. It likes to break some part of your body every time you pull the trigger.

I think it’s a Marlin. Maybe it’s a Sharp. Anyway, it hurts like hell.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 3:13 pm |

I gifted a Marlin 30-30 lever action carbine to my fav girlfriend (did all the necessary paper work to make transfer legal…)

It had been modified with a peep sight and is accurate as Hell! She loves it and it fits her to a tee both in handling and weight. Onliest thing is: she has to use rubber tipped 30-30 cartriges on account of they are stacked tip to primer in the tube under the barrel and there is a risk of firing a cartridge, if rifle dropped, caused by pointed hard bullet tip hitting and firing the primer of the cartridge in front of it in the magazine…..

15. mojo
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 3:49 pm |

I’ve got granpaw’s old Winchester 1895, in .25/35. Brush gun, deer.

16. staghounds
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm |

Well there’s the Afghans, who are currently defeating us with those very same rifles.

17. blindshooter
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 4:01 pm |

I had to sell my DCM Winchester M1 Garand during the unpleasantness with #2 wife. Paid the US .gov $165 and the post office delivered it, it really appreciated in value. Wish I had bought a dozen when they were that price.