your afternoon perspective

Ahhh, nature
No good deed goes unpunished.

~ vid ~

Remember, Nature is trying to kill us 24/7.
It doesn’t care who you are or what you believe.

Stay atop the food chain, my friends.

Note: Holger Awakens also posted it. You dooo visit Holger regularly, dontcha?

1. mojo
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:23 am |

“Civilization stops at the water line. After that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.”
    – Hunter S. Thompson, “The Great Shark Hunt”

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 10:29 am |

^ That reminds me of another vid on today’s viewing list.

3. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:48 am |

This is like when we tried to cover a spider with a glass and scoop him out alive but his legs spanned wider than the pint glass and one got ripped off in the process.

Sorta.

Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:56 am |

I’m bad I snickered. Poor little mousey. Lucky bird.

5. Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:25 pm |

I could have gone all day without the spider and the worm thingy.

The Food Chain: Welcome to it.

Photobucket

Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm |

Rush just mentioned it!

Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm |

Oh, and Doug, that food chain video even creeped me just a bit, too.

My new laser is good for zapping spiders and other critters if they don’t move too fast. I’m looking for a cheap folding stock to mount it on for future use. . .

8. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 6:52 pm |

Any idea where that was? Looks like it might have been Ft. Lewis.

9. Joel
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:37 pm |

Wasn’t there an episode of Seinfeld where George hit a squirrel, and his girlfriend forced him to pay to nurse it back to health. They finally released the squirrel back into the wild, only to have it immediately snatched by a hawk or an owl.

10. Paul Moore
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 3:34 am |

It’s all a matter of perspective. If his goal had been to feed the bird, he would be happy. I have noticed that most people assign a hierarchy of kinship with the animal world, and relate easily with other mammals (Esp. fellow predators- go figure) but not so much with the cold blooded creatures. By the time we work our way down to invertebrates, all empathy is gone. Some people feel sorry for the fish, nobody mourns the worm.

11. Buzz
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 8:58 am |

I love to point this type of stuff out to my proggy friends and relatives. Watching them squirm, knowing somewhere deep inside their malfunctioning cortex that I’m right about food and hunting, gives me a warm fuzzy.

12. Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:17 pm |

A guy and his wife were driving down the road one night when they hit a skunk. It didn’t kill it, just knocked it out. The wife screamed, “Stop, stop! It’s still alive! we must help it!”

So the guy pulls over and goes and picks up the skunk and is about to put it in the trunk when the wife screams, “No, no! It’s cold back there! He could freeze to death!”

So he hands the unconsious skunk to his wife and says, “Okay, just hold him in your lap till we get to the vet’s office.”

Wife: “Ewwwww! But what about the smell?”

Husband: “Well, just pinch his little nose.”

13. Melissa In Texas
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:54 pm |

That vid made laugh, hard!

14. Brad