Desk Clean-up Topic Dump

with scattered linkys

I kept hearing tidbits on the raadio nooz that women are “into” binge drinking. [defined as 4+ drinks in one day more than 2 times in a month] And that there are 26,000 deaths from that per year. After 30 seconds of rigorous gloogling, I can’t find any supporting linkable references, but this can only mean One Thing: background gender checks at the Bottle Barn and limits on the number of shot glasses in bars.

We may be planning to coin up a Lebenty Trillion $$$ Magyk Coin but the manic spending continues.

450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition — DHS
…additional 750 million rounds …more than 10 times what U.S. troops used in a full year of Iraqi combat
…200,000 hollow points

Plus lots of talky-talk about bans, then a quiet wander-off?

Coupled with rule of Law who ya know.

BadAss of Teh Week

Then there’s John Derbyshire’s take:

“We are eternally re-fighting the Civil War.”

…Blue guy: “Why does anyone need a 30-round magazine? What use is that, except to commit mayhem?”

[Translation: You dumb ignorant unwashed cracker, you can’t wait to let loose on some harmless crowd of African Americans, can you? Get back to your cabin and jar of corn liquor and relatives with six fingers. You shouldn’t be playing any part in the life of the nation, with your crazy religion and your reactionary social ideas.]

*clicky linky for “Red Guy” response*

Ok — desk cleaned. Carry on.

1. accipiter NW
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:09 am |

Why does anyone need a 30 round magazine? Maybe they hate reloading, or are worried about arthritis when they get older. If Obama Care were a magazine, how many rounds would it hold?

2. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:19 am |

If Obama Care were a magazine, how many rounds would it hold?

Well, it’s off your intended topic, but it’s my guess that anyone who actually, desperately, needs health care and can’t afford it will soon discover that however many rounds the O.C. magazine holds, they will all be blanks.

(unless, of course, they are “undocumented immigrants” … and, soon, maybe even them)

3. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:23 am |

All those millions of rounds: hmmm…. while any actual serious range work by any reasonable number of people will burn through a lot of ammo, I’ve got to wonder it this is an attempt to tie up available ammunition, thereby denying it to civilians citizens.

Of course, it might just be bureaucrats spending as much of money as they can, so they can get more and their budgets (and organizational statue) will grow. It’s not like there’s a budget crisis or anything.

Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm |

Thx Claire, Interesting reading.

I smiled at Simo Hayha.

Careful what you wish for when you cross the Finnish line.

5. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:31 pm |

Just returned form the local gun show. In twentyleventy years of going to that same gun show at that same location, I have never, not once, even in the Klintonista years, seen so many people there. The building was at capacity and they were only letting in the same number as who was coming out. The line outside was half a block, the same when I left as when I got there an hour after opening. As I left, there was a steady stream of good folks on their way in.

All types of firearms were in high demand, not just those threatened by the Obamunists.

I see all of this as a good thing. What say you?

Please be praying for the republic.

6. Posted January 12, 2013 at 1:52 pm |

450 million rounds of .40, Handgun rounds. I have 1000 at .50 BMG and about the same in .762×39 and x59…… At their rate of hits on target…….

I win.

Oh, yes, I will bug out.

7. Posted January 12, 2013 at 5:02 pm |

Back to the original post: Has anyone ever actually seen one of these ‘binge drinking women’? Because they can send them over to my house at 12345 Charity Ln., and I will counsel them. I will hold them. I will actually listen to them (for a while).

I’m here to help.

8. Merovign
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 5:42 pm |

Firstly, I need to hang out at bars, apparently.

Secondly, I need high-capacity magazines because people like MSNBC hosts and guests and editorial writers in the midwest are calling for my death or torture because of my status.

9. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 12, 2013 at 10:47 pm |

In honor of the left, I picked up another high cap mag at the gun show today.

Forgot to mention that earlier.

Posted January 12, 2013 at 10:49 pm |

^Merovign (8) my death or torture because of my status
    What status? Living white male conservative?

11. Spin
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:50 am |

Go online and look how the better .223 stuff is on back order and the prices are going up on what’s left.

12. mojo
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 10:46 am |

.223? You sure you don’t mean .233? ;)

And just try finding some .25/35 to buy. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

See? Damn good thing it’s just a necked-down .30/30…