Shamed and Cowering

his goal for The American People

This is how the Nudge works:

1995 footage of Attorney General Eric Holder, when he was the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia:

“What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that’s not cool, that it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did.

But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.”

American Digest [RTWT]

You see what that says right there? “Proudly Gun Free” + “Against Senseless Violence”

The sense of it is that if you are *not* Gun Free, you are not against “Senseless Violence” nor ought you be “Proud”.
You should be ashamed of having guns as you are, therefore, assumed not to be Against Senseless Violence.

Silly? Yes. It starts with the Kool-Aide drinkers and hipster doosh-tools – but the pressure on the “low-information voter” neighbor becomes more and more intense. And a kind of cascade of PC happens. Used to work in favor of Civilization when neighbors shamed those who stole or adulterered or otherwise behaved in ways that tore at the Social Contract of Civilization. It is thus that the Alinskyites are using our own methodologies against us.

As we must use them in return. How about a sign that says, “Proud Gun Owner Prepared to Defend My Family Against Senseless Gun Violence”? [when seconds count, police are half an hour away]

I’m sure you can do better than that….

Aside: Interesting qualifier they have there; “Senseless” Violence. Somehow means that they are in favor of “Sensible” or “Reasoned” Violence. I wonder what shape that could take….

Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:31 am |

GOP plays checkers and our enemies play chess, thinking several moves ahead.

We need to get a coherent message out and stick with it — with some candidates and elected officials who can walk a straight line without falling.

2. PeggyU
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:14 am |

We need to get in on this action and start making people feel ashamed once again for having children out of wedlock and for accepting government assistance when they are capable of working. Borrow the moves from their playbook and dish it back.

3. Spin
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:40 am |

Borrow the moves from their playbook and dish it back.

Sorta like using Alinsky’s Rule against them. It drives them crazy.

4. Jess
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 7:12 am |

They have no more shame than a warehouse rat. If they’re discovered, they either run, hide or fight without remorse.

If they operate outside of the law, they should be prosecuted, no matter their position, and “outside of the law” also means deliberate efforts to destroy the Constitution.

5. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 7:22 am |

yeah, there’s things I should apologize for, like my foul language when I’m PO’d about things our government an dtheir leftist shills are up to.

But I will NEVER, NOT EVER, apologize for my Christian Faith nor my owning firearms of my choice.

I know a lot of women who are arming themselves. Some how, that’s never mentioned as a “woman’s choice”. In these perilous times, being armed is a wise and noble thing, not the shameful act that the Presstitutes are trying to make it into.

I suggest everyone go to http://www.charliedaniels.com and read through his soapbox commentaries.

And be praying for this republic. And for the peace of Jerusalem.

Posted January 13, 2013 at 8:33 am |

Any guy who believes that the “Cash for Clunkers” was a huge success is not a professor (in the Oxford Dictionary definition…), rather he is a character in Alice in Wonderland! Which, come to think of it, aptly defines this fucking Administration! AND, whodafuk would name their boy child, C-ASS?

7. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 9:07 am |

What we need to do is change the way in which people [criminals] think about guns, especially young people [punks] ….

There, fixed it.

He’s right, in a way: people (both predator and prey) need to change the way they think. When predators realize that their prey may have deadly weapons and are willing to defend themselves, “the way in which [they] think about guns” changes; and “it’s not cool … it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore.” Real-world crime statistics prove that.

8. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 9:36 am |

Mech – you talk like you think the GOP has not already fallen? I judge a man by his actions and the GOP acts like Progs.

I was listening to a bunch of men talk about cars t’other day [serious talk about the relative merits of the M or L 65 'tang fastback] and I learned something about that Cash for Clunkers deal: it’s no longer possible to build a Rat Rod.

I think we’ve lost something uniquely American, there…

Even if ya could manage to find some parts stuck in a creek bank in the 40′s to hold back the erosion [see also: $1m regulatory fine] or parked out on the Rez somewhere [the vast majority having been been crushed by C4C] the regulatory changes in C4C disallow any registration without sailing stormy and impenetrable oceans of regulatory BS.

The only “old” cars out there now are Barrett-Jackson material. How many young’uns do you see working on cars in Dad’s garage?

Aside from destroying the used car market for those seeking cheap transport.

All to feed the Global Worms.

9. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 9:38 am |

Holder’s “smoking gun”
    *snick*

Side note: at the range, yesterday, the club president mooched a nice cigar from me, and we puffed away between shootin’ episodes (60 rnds AR-10, 60 rnds M1A, 60 rnds M4, and 50 rnds 1911 on my part). We are soooo goin’ to anti-social, un-PC ProgHell. You know … enjoyed ourselves.
    Also helped to corrupt the PCmorals of an 8yo young lady whose Daddy brought her out to shoot for the first time. They only had one box of .22LR ammo, ’cause there wasn’t any left at the gun shop. Well, there wasn’t until the guy behind the counter learned the ammo was for the little girl, and he “managed” to find some behind the counter. I also gave ‘er a few-dozen I keep in my range box for emergencies.
    Also had a nice long chat with a humanitarian ex-Navy corpsman (yeah, SEAL & USMC ties) who came out to exercise his 1911 mercy machines. Well, they keep him alive so he can save lives, right?

Posted January 13, 2013 at 9:56 am |

I went to my range/gun store (maybe the biggest on the east coast)yesterday to get a little widget, which they had, but there hadn’t a single semi auto rifle and only about half their normal compliment of semi pistols. They normally have about 60 wall feet of rifles and probably more than 100 feet of counters with pistols. The walls were bare and there were lots of gaps in the counter shelves.
    I wrote to my US senators, congressman, state delegates, governor, lt. governor and attorney general yesterday.
    I figger that ought to get me on some new lists and a courtesy call one night next month. Thinking about moving to [secret location] this week.

11. Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:01 am |

^ Kind of makes me want to take up smoking. (It’s strange, though, that they think smoking marijuana is somehow cool.)

This ‘marijuana’ that you speak of: Are you saying that it’s smokable? Do many Earthlings partake of this? We need to investigate this. We’ll be back in a few centuries, if we remember.

12. Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:05 am |

P.S. All us aliens are Democrats, BTW, so maybe 4-5-6 centuries is closer to the call. We’ll get there… eventually… dood.

13. Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:10 am |

Klatuu Lambada Ni… no, that’s not it. Klatuu Enchilada… no, that’s not it either. Aw screw it.

Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:15 am |

Geees you guys what the hell do you think I was talking about a couple days ago?

15. Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:41 am |

^ Honey, we’re still trying to figger out what you’re talking about today. Never mind a couple of days ago.

16. MikeG
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:47 am |

Smokers “cower” outside to smoke not because they are ashamed or embarrassed to smoke indoors, but because the GOVERNMENT made it illegal for them to smoke in every G-D Damn building. Does Holder not realize we know this?

Bastid. Ptui!

17. Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:53 am |

They’ll get my last cigarette when they pry it from my cold, dead, nicotine-stained fingers.

Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:29 am |

Wow!! Well than I guess this Honey’s been told. I’ll save you the trouble of trying to figger out anything I say ever.

19. PatrickP
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:48 am |

Mech, the reason the GOP can’t convey a coherent message is because they have no message.

20. Justin Credible
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:00 pm |

DougM (7)

I wonder if the victim in this item has changed his beliefs/attitude regarding guns.

Tangentially, Ed Schultz only opens his mouth to change feet.

21. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm |

I should put one of those signs on my door. Could be fun.

22. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:46 pm |

So the only way this homeowner can prevent themself from committing senseless violence is to keep guns out of their possession.

Good.

23. Jess
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:46 pm |

Unfortunately, there’s no coalition of citizens against senseless ignorance. They probably can’t scrounge up enough qualified members.

24. PeggyU
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:08 pm |

^ It seems as though senseless ignorance may remove itself from the gene pool.

I was wondering, do homeowner’s insurance policies and life insurance policies take gun ownership into consideration? I’d think the bean counters might include that in their actuarial calculations somehow.

25. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:56 pm |

If you put up a sign like that, does it have to be true?

26. Posted January 13, 2013 at 1:58 pm |

I am a bit subtler with my signage. Got the American Flag, the USMC Flag, a Don’t Tread on me, and a Stay away From the Fence, Mongo hasn’t Eaten yet on the gate.

I finger if they don’t get that, the gene pool needs thinning.

Posted January 13, 2013 at 2:17 pm |

I will commit sensible violence to protect me and mine from senseless thugs.
    My sensible violencer resides most of the time on my right hip, ergo, I’m hip. Right hip, in fact.

28. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 2:53 pm |

Hog (13)
    Claw to borrow da nicotine.
    Cultural ref #1
    Cultural ref #2

29. Posted January 13, 2013 at 2:54 pm |

^ Unfortunately, there’s no coalition of citizens against senseless ignorance

That would be kind of an oxymoron, wouldn’t it? I mean, is there any such thing as “senseful” ignorance. Overall, I would consider that statement to be redundant. I also think that mankind could get along just fine with only one butt cheek. Many species do it. Some don’t even have one.

30. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 3:18 pm |

31. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 4:20 pm |

Are those signs for real? I don’t necessarily need any more confirmation that liberals are absolutely mentally retarded on a substantial level, but.. really?

32. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 9:47 pm |

You ask are those signs for real? Check the second story down on the ONT: when Piers Morgan was corrected that the Bushmaster is a .223 – not a .233 as he had described it, he doubled-down with this:

No. he used a Bushmaster .233 AR-15 assault rifle – and killed 26 people in a few minutes, That not enough for you?

See? correct ‘em on a typo and they accuse you of wanting more children to die. …and refuse to admit the typo.

I think we’ll be seeing more of this… Point ‘n’ Larff time!

33. rickn8or
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:16 pm |

DougM, I’d add “Besides, they have better stuff!”

(Hey what are the neighbors gonna do??)

34. logdogsmith
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 6:33 am |

The “Citizens against senseless violence” sign is a creation of project veritas. Yes, it’s a prop for O’Keefe.

35. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 7:32 am |

There, fixed it.

36. Hank
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 7:59 am |

We counter this by making it obvious that gun ownership is normal, common, and fun.

My seven-year old is “star of the week” in school. Totally unearned (public school), everybody gets to take turns being “special” so nobody is left out. She had to make a poster, with lots of pictures of herself. After she selected the pictures, my wife came and whispered to me to ask if it was alright that several of them showed her (the seven-year old) shooting. I asked if she was being safe in the pictures, my wife said that she was, so I asked “well, what’s the problem”. I guess we’ll see what the teacher thinks… (The rest of the pictures are probably worse from a safety standpoint, flips on the trampoline, climbing trees 20-30 feet up off the ground, holding sticks while I chainsaw (eyes and ears protected, as in shooting), riding in the loader bucket, etc)

As you walk into my church, there are pictures of the various church missions. One of which is a college-outreach ministry/youth group. Of course the most fun pictures are when we take the group out shooting each fall. Lots of grins, and lots of guns being used in safe and fun ways. We do lots of other stuff with these kids, but probably half of the pictures in the display case are our “range day”. The pastor (jokingly, I believe) asked if those pictures might scare people away from our church. I replied that if somebody came in intent on mayhem they might move along if they realize we’re able to protect ourselves. He seemed OK with that.

Hearts and minds, one person at a time.

Hank

37. mojo
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 8:56 am |

“WARNING: Use of Deadly Force Authorized!
    If you pass this sign you will be killed.”

38. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 10:29 am |

^ “WARNING: Use of Deadly Force Authorized!
    Please display invitation.
    If you don’t have an invitation, display badge.
    If you don’t have an invitation or a badge, please don’t be surprised by the shotgun.

39. mojo
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 10:41 am |

“Children left unattended will be eaten or sold into slavery. – The Mgt.”

40. Lance
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 12:27 pm |

I’ve read all your comments & considered all the other ‘news’
    about massive buying of guns & ammo, plus the intensive & ‘rushed’
    anti-gun legislation activities of the federal gubbmint! I’m getting
    a strong sense that gun-control & confiscation is what the leftists
    desperately need to bring about their fascist/socialist takeover of
    our country! I suspect we may be further down the road to a ‘crisis’
    than is realized! To me, the biggest problem for us, is the significant
    percentage of the brainwashed, emotionally driven, unrealistic
    population that fully supports the entire gun-control initiative.

41. Paul
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 4:47 pm |

I wonder how many crooks need to have the addresses of these two ‘gun free’ houses. Might be interesting to post them and see how long they stay ‘gun free’.

42. Posted January 14, 2013 at 6:58 pm |

DougM: I own this movie. I could not imagine not owning this movie. It would be like un-owning Team America, or The Guns of the Navarone. That kinda shit just ain’t allowed around here.

43. Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:41 am |

^ Teenaged cheerleader twins? Dang!