if you don’t have anything N to say then don’t

Everybody – everybody has different words that offend them, different things that they hear that they get offended by – I’m – to me, the thing that offends me the most, is every time that I hear the “N” word. Not “nigger” by the way. I mean the “N” word, literally whenever a white lady on CNN with nice hair says: “The ‘N’ word.” That’s just white people getting away with saying nigger, that’s all that is. They found a way to say nigger. “N word.” It’s bullshit cause when you say the “N word” you put the word nigger in the listeners head. That’s what saying a word is. You say the N word and I go oh she means nigger. Your’re making me say it in my head. Why don’t you f&ckin say it instead and take responsibility, with the shitty words you wanna say. Just say it, don’t hide behind the first letter like a faggot just say it…

— Louis CK

1. Chris in NC
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:24 pm |

Wait, did he just spend a paragraph screaming about hate speech and end it with faggot???

2. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 10:45 pm |

^ He waasn’t …he was ranting on people who say it but won’t say it.

The “faggot” part was tied into the rest of his gig on it.

I just really liked how he says these people who say “the N word” make US say it in our heads when they won’t say it at all…….

I’m kinda shitty on people ( I’ve done it too ) who have to say “Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick” in the same vein too. When it means the same thing.

That’s why I say “crikey” now for almost everything :)

Crikey means crikey.

3. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm |

“You’re making me say it in my head”

That is awesome.

4. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:17 pm |

^ I know. One of my favorite lines evar now.

5. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:21 pm |

“You’re making me say it in my head”

Well, that’s better than “You’re making me say it in my asshole”.

Though with some people, the two are permanently connected …..

6. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:24 pm |

I hate it when people say the n word in their a$$hole.

7. Posted January 13, 2013 at 11:29 pm |

Is your wife a nagger?

8. ZZMike
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 2:04 am |

I thought “the N-Word” was “neophrastic”.

9. The Digital Hairshirt
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 5:24 am |

You’re making Morgan Freeman cry, mah nigger . . .

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 5:59 am |

Now they’re just messin’ with us over it. Samuel L Jackson tone is …forceful, even hostile with this guy in an interview about that movie Django Unchained — yanno, the one with Teh Word.

HAMILTON: There’s been a lot of controversy surrounding the use of the N-Word in this movie and-
    JACKSON: No? nobody? none? The word would be [pregnant pause]?
    HAMILTON: (sigh) Oh, I can’t say it.
    JACKSON: Why not?
    HAMILTON: I don’t like to say it.
    JACKSON: Have you ever said it?
    HAMILTON: No, sir.
    JACKSON: Try it.
    HAMILTON: I don’t like to say it.
    JACKSON: TRY IT.
    HAMILTON: Really? Seriously?
    JACKSON: We’re not gonna have this conversation unless you say it.
    HAMILTON says nothing
    JACKSON: You wanna move on to another question?
    HAMILTON: OK. Awesome.
    JACKSON laughs
    HAMILTON: I … I don’t like to say it.
    JACKSON: Oh come on!
    HAMILTON: Will you say it?
    JACKSON: No, f*** no. That’s not the same thing.

11. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 6:01 am |

aak — posted before I read Digi’s much more complete coverage of the issue.
    *Standing O*

*clicky*clicky*

12. The Digital Hairshirt
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 8:26 am |

After the vice-presidential debate, where Joe kept calling Paul Ryan, “My friend . . .”, I thought it would have been awesomely epic if Ryan had just turned after Joe said that and replied, “Yes, mah niggah?”

Posted January 14, 2013 at 8:37 am |

Didn’t that all start with not being able to call people their ethnic nick names or tell jokes about them? Like not being able to say Finnlander or Polock or Wap, or Frog or Hill Billies or all those nasty nasty words that we would say in our heads and not out loud. I think I’ll just say , “O word”, when I get mad. Call a Rose by any other name it smells the same.

14. Steve_in_CA
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 9:10 am |

Hmmm…The word “N-word” is the new “N-word,” surely the mind doth boggle (and don’t call me Shirley).

Posted January 14, 2013 at 10:45 am |

Soooo, I spose “Eithiopian Bushbeater” can only be sed in your hed now?
    (…howda fukin hell can I hunt for water buffalo in Eithiopia if I cain`t use that word? Water buffs there taste soooooo much better than any other place, ya kno, like, once I hunted tha whole state of Utah and never seen even one water buffalo AND worse, there ain`t no Morman bushbeaters there, neither…..

16. Posted January 14, 2013 at 11:06 am |

Colonel Jerry, SIR!: There is a serious dearth of Mormon Bushbeaters in Utah. You’ll get no argument from me there. The problem is: What do we do about the problem? I mean, everybody talks about needing more Mormon Bushbeaters, but who ever actually does anything about it? That’s what I’m sayin’.

I’m thinking, put out a national call for Mormon Bushbeaters. If that doesn’t work, well, we might have to re-think this whole thing.

17. Posted January 14, 2013 at 6:03 pm |

The phone lines aren’t exactly lighting-up with more Mormon Bushbeaters calling-in right now. Perhaps they’re still in church. Oh wait, it’s Monday.

Nevermind.

18. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 8:31 pm |

I am ashamed to admit it but having been raised on a South Pacific island by a mainly homosexual tribe of Polynesians, for me. the N-word stands for Nancy-boy

19. Posted January 15, 2013 at 3:39 am |

I was just beginning to think that I was the onliest one around here who was raised on a South Pacific island by a mainly homosexual tribe of Polynesians.

Suddenly, I’m normal again.