doggie door

Rodgie

1. Merovign
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 11:57 pm |

I have a friend with a dog like that. The colder it is, the more important it is that the door *stay open*. They make 20-second trips every 10 minutes.

2. Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:01 am |

Heck… I have a dog like that! Still, I’d rather shlep for a dog than clean up after a cat.

3. PeggyU
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:36 am |

Cats do that too. Mostly, though, they stand by the door and whine to go out, then when you open it they just stand there and stare, letting all the cold air in.

4. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 6:43 am |

My neighbor’s cat does that; sits at my sliding-glass door and stares at me.
    Yeah, it’s weird. Makes me feel creepy.
    I probably should put something on.

Posted January 15, 2013 at 9:06 am |

Looks like he’s tracking a squirrel.

Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:27 am |

Mech— oh my—SQUIRREL!!! Huh where where?— better check out what’s going on behind him.

7. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:47 am |

” let me in…scary bush lurking behind tree is going to get me “

8. Justin Credible
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:56 am |

Hey! What is cat doing? Is he…? HeyheyHEY! Get away from my food dish!

9. Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:11 am |

My little cat invented this game I call “Grab My Tail”. She just rubs back and forth against my shins while I’m sitting on the couch and then she stops right in front of me, with her tail in the air and gives me this look that says “Grab My Tail”. So I grab it.

I don’t pull on it, I just hold it. She does the pulling. The amount of power that this tiny little 5 lb. cat can generate is truly amazing. She is incredibly strong for her size.

So I just slowly relax my grip and let her pull out of it and think she’s won, and she skitters about 2′ away and turns-around and comes back facing the other way this time. With her tail in the air. And she gives me this look that says, “Okay, grab it again”. So I do.

This can go on for hours. I’m easily amused.

*the amazing thing is, when we first started playing this game, she had a knot in the middle of her tail that was as big as one of your knuckles. It would be the equivalent of a ruptured disc. It must have been sore and uncomfortable. After about a month of playing “Grab My Tail” it was gone. She had completely pulled it out. It’s still gone and she has a nice smooth tail.

10. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:40 am |

My life got much easier when I installed a “Doggie door”.

Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:53 pm |

Alan,

I put a cat door so DayTu could come and go via the back deck. Coupla daze later I had a racoon eating her dry food in the living room! Dumb idea for a guy living in the pine trees of northern Kali….. I spose I could buy a coon dog, but DayTu the Cat vetoed that notion….. I continue to open close the back door all hours of the day and night……… (…is almost like being married….)

12. mojo
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 1:39 pm |

The cat has discovered the quartz space heater. She doesn’t want out nearly as much now.

13. PatrickP
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm |

That look on his face!

14. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 4:09 pm |

Col. Jerry SIR! I have a fenced yard, so nothing but my dogs, and an occasional rabbit come in.