Good morning; and, oh, by the way … WTF?!

Illegal immigration plot?
No. foul. play. suspected. Really?
Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News
~ vid ~

On the plus side,
everything else you encounter, today, will seem pretty normal by comparison.
(What? Well, okay, mebbe not evvv-ry-thing.)

OPEN THREAD
I need to hear some weird stuff. I mean besides it having been in the 70s for the past few days, here in NC.
(What? No, not complainin’ a bit. Golf, top-down TR-6 jaunts, hours at the range, motorcyclin’. Good stuff for Janyiary.)

1. Posted January 15, 2013 at 8:33 am |

The confusion in Chicago has been cleared up: Obama had just called his Deficit Reduction Supercommittee back into service and their box was misplaced.

2. Jess
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 8:53 am |

So, the heads were all empty?

Posted January 15, 2013 at 9:26 am |

“We don’t know. . . where they were heading.” She probly doesn’t know the funny she made there.

Did none of them have shipping documents or labels? They could have been heading to a research lab trying to understand fashion trends.

Heh, I watched The Patriot last night. Sounds similar.

As for the calif clip, two years ago we had a sub zero spell and the gas company screwed up leaving most of the state without natural gas for heating or anything else. We are a producer of nat. gas but have to buy ours through Texas. That was cold, frozen water pipes everywhere, buildings on base flooded from burst pipes, that was crazy. But I have a fireplace and firewood.

4. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:00 am |

^ mech,
    “where they were heading”
    Dang! Can’t believe I missed that.
    [bangs head on table]

Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:23 am |

They were going to a research lab. Some were gun owners some not. They wanted to find out the differences in a persons brain of those who own a gun and those who don’t. The results were to be part of Biden’s study on gun control.

6. Justin Credible
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:38 am |

This is about as weird as it gets.

Weirder, though, is that there is no mention of alcohol anywhere in the story.

7. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:10 pm |

^ Yeahman! That‘s what I’m talkin’ ’bout.
    Thanks.

8. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 5:53 pm |

^^ Justin,
    I see your train in a house
    and raise you a train in a basement.

9. Justin Credible
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm |

^DougM

I think your train is better, as nobody got hurt, and ventilation is just as the family intends it should be.

OTOH, I’m fairly certain alcohol must’ve been involved, at some point.

10. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 9:43 am |

^ *heh*
    The more I think about it, the more I admire the guy who built that. Sure, there’s undoubtedly an element of madness involved, but it’s a good kind’a madness: constructive, pleasureful, harmless, an’ it don’t scare the hosses.