there’s a word for this and that

Exactly one month after the Newtown school massacre, the National Rifle Association has launched a free iPhone and iPad shooting game offering kids as young as 4 a chance to fire guns at coffin-shaped targets

meanwhile

Leftists have put together a new video game where you get to shoot your favorite NRA officials in the head

previously

1. mojo
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:56 am |

Meh. Let them play their game. Later, we’ll play ours.

2. Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm |

All this, from both sides just creeps me out.

3. Sigivald
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:43 pm |

“Coffin shaped” targets meaning “standard modern shooting targets”… Which are, you know, “not people in any way”.

“How dare the NRA not delay the release of a computer game! It’s only been weeks since a madman who had nothing to do with the NRA did things the NRA has always opposed!”

Fuck people who think like that..

Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:47 pm |

I’m annoyed that I cannot find it for Android.

There’s an informational app from NRA that looks good and I’ll be exploring it shortly.

5. PeggyU
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm |

Those aren’t “coffin-shaped” targets! The author of that article is a dumbfuck and needs to visit a shooting range. If the NRA does have game apps, doesn’t it seem appropriate that they would involve guns? I see that the targets are inanimate objects, which in no way resemble people or animals.

That anti-NRA game, however … I hope the psychiatric professionals and the gun dealerships keep them from obtaining firearms.

Posted January 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm |

Is that the target Sarah Palin used?

7. Veranda
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 4:54 pm |

NRA ‘Target Practice’ Game Not NRA’s.

Duping libruls is too easy

8. Lance
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm |

Veranda’s (7) comment linky’s been updated & the source of the
    order to develop that supposedly ‘NRA’ ipad shooter game is not
    nailed down yet! IMHO, it’s possible that someone masqueraded
    as ‘NRA’ to get the game released, to pillory the NRA! Situation
    still developing,so godda wait!

The anti-NRA shooter game article at Gateway Pundit is fascinating
    to me, for demonstrating not only the total hypocrisy of a big part
    of the progs & leftists, but the way they engage in supposedly
    civilized discourse & differences of opinions & beliefs, etc. What’s
    becoming more apparent to me is the uncivilized black/white,
    all or nothing, emotion based, unaccountable, arrogant etc.
    attitudes, actions & discourse of seemingly more & more of the
    leftist MSM & more & more politicians! In my experience there’s
    only one thing these people respond to, like all arrogant bullies,
    and that’s a greater force! I think we’re still playing Mr. Nice Guy!
    There’s much that could be done to counter the ploys of the left,
    but I don’t think we’re mad enough or ‘bruised’ enough yet!

9. Merovign
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm |

Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and personalize it.

Our job is apparently “fall for it.”

MFM delenda est.

10. accipiter NW
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 1:28 am |

I hope whatever video game they might want to play is realistic enough to allow just what can happen in “gun free zones.”