Prog canon (today’s reading: dances with wolverines)

Progressives view promises, contracts, and treaties as worth the paper they’re written on.
(see also: the US Constitution and bankruptcy law)

Idea stolen from Rodge (i.e. TRKOF)

Posted January 16, 2013 at 10:39 am |

WOW! Does this mean I get a free train ride to Florida???

2. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 10:46 am |

I hate to beat the iron, but, combined with this:

All weather is because of human activity (suddenly). The tribal gods are angry, there must be a sacrifice! A human sacrifice!

Comment by Merovign

…it becomes obvious that the lurch toward primitivism — and projected primitivism — is key.

3. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 11:11 am |

Wow, that is one unflattering picture of Elizabeth Warren.

4. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 11:11 am |

Was there no weather before there were humans?

5. Posted January 16, 2013 at 11:22 am |

If they were worth the paper they were written on, they’d be worth that. but they’re not even worth that.

Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm |

“. . . Progressives will see that ‘You’re taken care of’ “

Ahem, Rainbow Six.

7. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:29 pm |

ColJ (1)
    Yeah, but it’s a long walk to Oklahoma.

Steve (3)
    Okay, now that there’s funny.

8. mojo
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm |

“In February 1909, Geronimo was thrown from his horse while riding home, and had to lie in the cold all night before a friend found him extremely ill. He died of pneumonia on February 17, 1909, as a prisoner of the United States at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. On his deathbed, he confessed to his nephew that he regretted his decision to surrender. His last words were reported to be said to his nephew, “I should have never surrendered. I should have fought until I was the last man alive.” He was buried at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in the Apache Indian Prisoner of War Cemetery.”

9. mojo
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm |

With EXTRA iron:
    “Geronimo and other Apaches, including the Apache scouts who had helped the army track him down, were sent as prisoners to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas.”

10. Merovign
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm |

Yes, they want us to be disarmed like Armenians.

11. Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm |

^ The world has enough disarmed Armenians as it is. I say we re-arm the Armenians, and just let the fucking chips fall where they may.

Of course, I don’t get a lot of calls asking me to be Ambassador anywhere, very often, but I do have a thoroughly outlined foreign policy.

12. Merovign
    Posted January 17, 2013 at 1:19 am |

We are arming the Armenians – the ones here, anyway.

What was it, 7 million sales in two months?

13. Posted January 17, 2013 at 12:31 pm |

At first, I thought that was a pitcher of my Sainted Aunt Pearl.

One time, I was talking to my buddy John on the phone, and she came up and said, “I need to use the phone”.

I said, “Yeah, I’ll be done in a minute”, and she just snatched that reciever out of my hand and brought it right down on top of my head so hard that it made me ears ring, and my eyes water, and then stuck it back in my hand and said, “I need to use the phone”. I just told my friend John that I would have to call him back later, and hung-up.

The amount of abuse that those old Western Electric telephones could take without breaking was truly amazing. I don’t know what kind of plastic they were using, but it worked real good.