no firearms for you, today’s Lympian

It is well beyond time that we face reality and declare the National Rifle Association a terrorist organization and do whatever is necessary to eliminate this threat to our freedom, security and peace of mind.

The only real power it has is to whip its members into a frenzy of paranoia, very much like all extremist fear-mongers. Why members of Congress let the NRA’s financial contributions hold the innocent children of this country hostage is beyond belief.

I hope that Joe Biden shows the strength of character that I believe he is capable of and that Congress finally enacts some long-overdue and effective restrictions on the proliferation of firearms.

A Washington state lawmaker has withdrawn a bill to limit self-defense rights after receiving threats by telephone and email that she says have made her fear for her life.

House Bill 1012, filed last month by Rep. Sherry Appleton, D-Poulsbo, would have required a person to retreat from a dangerous confrontation if he or she “knows or should know” that doing so would afford him “complete safety.”

Appleton said she pursued the bill in response to the Trayvon Martin shooting incident last February in Florida, in which the shooter, George Zimmerman, was initially not arrested because of that state’s “stand your ground” law.

Washington is one of at least 29 states with no explicit duty to retreat.

The threats against Appleton were non-specific but “very scary,” said her assistant, Donna Bezon.

1. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 9:16 am |

Tyranny = Freedom
    Any opinion other than yours = Terrorism
    “extremist fear-mongers” ≠ “If anyone has so much as a BB gun all your children are gonna dieeee”

Got it.

2. JoeBandMember└
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 9:20 am |

The above example of the hatred of the radical left speaks volumes to those of us on our side. THEY are the true “haters” they all claim to abhor.

None of the mass shooters, no, NOT EVEN ONE, has been an NRA member. The radical leftists refuse, here again, to recognize the glaring light of the truth in this, and virtually EVERY OTHER issue surrounding firearms ownership.

I will be at the WA capitol today at noon.

3. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 9:54 am |

My HTML coding is conversely proportional to my state of agitation,…..again.

I’d like to go and crap on the front porch of The Olympian.

4. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 9:54 am |

Good thing the NRA membership doesn’t include over four million of their fellow citizens. Because then these people might have to grant it the sort of respect and consideration due fellow citizens exercising their First Amendment rights to free speech, peaceful assembly and petition for redress of grievance.

Actually, history predicts it will be gradual. First we will be required to wear some identifying article of clothing. Then we will be forbidden employment in the public sector and service in the military. Then we’ll have to relocate to specially designated areas and not allowed outside of them without special permits and only for limited duration. Only after that will we be moved into camps.

I can hardly wait to see what final solution they reach. It seemed like a good idea a couple years back, upgrading to Life Member. Now it’s just a one way ticket to the Gulag. Oh well, just sit quietly and await my summons. I hope they don’t break my family up between different camps.

5. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 10:45 am |

I left a message with the “editor” regarding this letter to the editor. And I wasn’t very nice.

They publish this feces and then ban me for disagreeing with the radical leftist agenda of theirs.

The real haters exposed, once again, for all to see.

6. rickn8or
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 11:00 am |

Nothing like Real-World examples to illustrate the error of you logic, eh Rep. Appleton? Or as Ev Dirksen explained it, “When I feel the heat, I see the light.”

“knows or should know” that doing so would afford him “complete safety.”

Sorry, I’m not willing to gamble my life or well-being or that of my near and dears like that.

7. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 11:58 am |

It is not a good idea to shoot the guy breaking your nose and smashing the back of your head into the sidewalk if you think there is a cute, early teen photo of him.

8. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 11:59 am |

The hate mongering Olympian is always looking for an inflammatory article or letter to publish for the purpose of telling it’s loyal subjects how much those who disagree “hate” them.

The only reason either of these were published is to fish for a response from those who dare to disagree. Then those people can be banned from commenting. Some of us as many as fifty or more times, all in the interest of tolerance and diversity.

I left a message on the editor’s voice mail telling her that “you people make me sick”.

Ban that, bitch.

9. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 12:01 pm |

The upcoming George Zimmerman trial will be the show of the year, setting off nationwide riots WHEN he is found not guilty.

The high-cap media will be orgasmic.

10. S2
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 12:09 pm |

I am unclear – is Appleton now in favor of Stand Your Ground laws, or just displaying willingness to back down from her beliefs?

If the second, is she fit for the office she holds?

11. Merovign
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 12:17 pm |

They stand guard, making sure violent criminals will face less opposition.

Seriously, that’s the side they’re on.

12. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 12:25 pm |

Jackasses …
    (see: previous tomes on castle-doctrine laws)

This is not argument, it is a four-year-old’s foot-stomping.

13. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 12:25 pm |

Merovign, that’s because they have carefully insulated themselves from the violent criminals. They don’t need to worry about them and therefore neither should we.

Because shut up, racist.

Posted January 19, 2013 at 1:11 pm |

That utopian, unicorn fart sniffing bitch needs to experience a 7:19 am home invasion where multiple perps are trying to kick down the door to the room where she and her kids retreated from a dangerous situation in complete safety.

15. Posted January 19, 2013 at 7:27 pm |

‘non-specific but very scary’… I call bullshit; let’s see the threats, and if they won’t show them, we know they’re lying.

16. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm |

Insiders tell me that there were no threats other than to not vote for the Rep. That’s a death threat in their warped mind. But they get a lot of mileage in the GOlympian with it. As I posted earlier, The Gaylympian is always looking to inflame any who dare to disagree with their tryannical third world Marxist agenda of hate. They make shit up as they go along to fit the agenda of hate.

I still want to crap on their front door.

17. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 8:14 pm |

The entire House delegation received so many phone calls against the bill that it was the Party leadership who demanded that it be pulled. No threats other than to not vote for Appleton ever again, nor for any committee members who would vote it to the floor, or house members who would vote for the bill if it ever made it to the floor.

The Olympian is lying for the Democrats, like they ALWAYS do.

18. Paul
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 8:41 pm |

These liberals are weak. I mean morally weak.

Puts forth bill to limit self defense then stops it when threatened.

Limp wristed liberals.

19. Freddie Sykes
    Posted January 20, 2013 at 10:27 am |

I am feeling slighted with all the attention to West Coast Ass-wipes. We in the East have our very own. Top this!!

Va. lawmaker who brandished AK-47 during legislative session was disbarred following assault, death threat

A Virginia lawmaker who drew gasps from his colleagues when he brandished a borrowed AK-47 during an anti-gun speech Thursday was found guilty in 2002 of committing a vicious 1999 assault, was sanctioned for legal misconduct while prosecuting a rape case, spent six months in jail for contempt of a federal court, and saw his law license revoked in 2003…Morrissey paid a man $500,000 in 2007 to settle a 2002 court judgment against him, related to a 1999 physical assault…According to legal brief filed by the victim’s attorneys, Morrissey shouted, “I’m going to kill you. I’m going to beat your head in,” before beating the victim and “smash[ing] his head into the corner of a brick wall.”

I thought that it was illegal for violent criminals to possess a fire-arm but it turns out he knows David Gregory’s wife.