The Scarlet G

…I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn’t listen…

…After the gun was removed from the classroom, Melody reported that her classmates began labeling her a “murderer”…

1. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 11:14 am |

Woo!
    Good thing they didn’t find the paper stealth nuclear bomber!

Posted January 24, 2013 at 11:34 am |

Next week: Banning the letter F and the number 7.

3. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 12:01 pm |

Perhaps this could’ve been used as a “teachable moment.”
    You know, the teacher could explain to the mush-minded the difference between a gun and a representation of a gun.

It could also be followed by a smack on the back of the head or, if the delusion persists, a time-out sitting in the corner wearing the paper representation of a nuclear-missile’s warhead.

(What? Well, I meant the teacher and administrators; but I suppose that applies to the whiney kid, too, yeah.)

4. Doug Ess
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 12:19 pm |

I don’t care as long as I get to keep my conceal-carry high magazine clip capacitator and salted semi-rifle auto fire gun.

5. mojo
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 1:04 pm |

The map is not the territory, dumb-ass.

Well, unless it’s a 1:1 scale map.

Posted January 24, 2013 at 2:11 pm |

If you have a gun you’re a killer–even a paper one.

7. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 2:57 pm |

the parents need to revolt.

Instead of complaining to the government and the schools, they need to organize a “zero-tolerance for stupidity” day, and arrange for as many kids as possible to show up at school with paper guns and such.

8. Merovign
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 3:28 pm |

I’ve been saying since before I left high school that there’s no salvation for the public school *idea*, not to mention system. You’d have to undo the entire Long March and the uninionization of public service to even start, and it would *still* be a bad idea.

Eventually, people will figure that out. Maybe.

9. Justin Credible
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm |

So, bullying the girl was OK with the school administration? I’m missing a point, I guess.

Posted January 24, 2013 at 6:37 pm |

But was it a magnum assault clip with a high capacity caliber? If not, then it was legal even under nanny sissy rules.

11. PeggyU
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 8:53 pm |

Should have been a paper knife. At least then, you could get a paper cut.

Posted January 24, 2013 at 9:19 pm |

Peggy, you’re getting sharper in your old age ;>)

13. Hopefulone
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 2:23 am |

What do you expect in Philadelphia these days? Their mayor is a nutter (Michael Nutter). It’s a racist pit of despair brought to you by the marxists who promise everything to the slothful.

The Bible says that we should keep away from people like that. (Do not look on him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.)