ToDaZeD Prog Definitions

it’s a murky world…

“Guess what?

Have I mentioned how irritating I find any “argument” that begins with “Guess what?” Automatic FAIL.

“Guess what? A shotgun will keep you a lot safer — a double-barreled shotgun — than an assault weapon in somebody’s hands that doesn’t know how to use it, even one who does know how to use it,” the vice president said during during a Google+ Hangout Thursday.

Aside: “Google+ Hangout” “Hangout” rly? A “National Discussion” on a fairly important topic is being conducted on a “Hangout”?!? What’re we — 19? BTNIN

“You know, it’s harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun, OK. So if you want to keep people away in an earthquake, buy some shotgun shells.”

And throw them at predators?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Threatening Gesture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[people are thrown out of pre-skool for that, yanno]
[they also get tossed out for doin' a Roker in their pants, too.
No NONONONONO. I am NOT asking. No.]
[but that is an …odd look on yer face…
]

Vice President Biden on Thursday argued that the White House’s proposal to reduce gun violence includes “nothing to violate anyone’s Second Amendment rights”

Except maybe my right to own a Bushmaster Varmint Control Unit.
[see? we can play the Language Game, too.]

…”I don’t view it as gun control, I view it as gun safety,” Biden said

“Safety?”

…the Chicago Police Department Murder Analysis reports from 2003-2011 provides a statistical breakdown of the manners in which people were murdered in Chicago.

During that period, 4,251 people were murdered in Chicago; 3,371 died from being shot, with 98 percent of the murder weapons being a handgun. Thirty-seven people were killed with a rifle (caliber of bullet not specified) and 40 were killed with a shotgun.

3,371 :: 77. Whaddya goin’ ta do about that?!?

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Friday asked big banks to stop lending to gun makers as a way to pressure the industry to support tougher gun control laws.

*cough*Nudge*cough*
[and more than a bit illegal, I would think. But as Big Bank is in thrall to .gov, for Bailouts, I imagine they'll be …cooperative.

Nice when a Plan comes together, eh?]

We should be outraged at how easy it is” for attackers to get hold of the semi-automatic weapons or large-capacity magazines used in those slaughters, Feinstein said.

…Feinstein said the goal is to “dry up the supply of these weapons over time.”

And before that Time?

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., calling the NRA “enablers of mass murder.”

Name calling: that’ll work.

“It’s all about criminal access,” Emanuel said. “It’s not about gun control. It’s about criminal access. That changes the debate.”

No it doesn’t. When one lives in the RW, one realizes that Laws only apply to the Law-Abiding. Law-Breakers don’t abide by The Law. [see? it's right there in the term]

So what I’m getting from all this language manipulation — really, assaults on the Language High-Ground — is a coupla things.

1] No one is actually interested in addressing Humans’ natural tendency to kill one another. [see: History]

2] The proposals, from The WH, DiFi and Capt. Hangout, wouldn’t do a damned thing to decrease the murder rate — which has been on the decrease for decades*, anyway.
[*2011: out of 12,664 murders: 8,582 = firearms, 323 = rifles :: body parts like fists = 728]

Therefore, their Actual Goal [as opposed to their Stated Goal] must be something different. Otherwise, why expend so much effort?

Could it possibly have to do with the on-going campaign to get The People used to giving up their Rights in the face of Public Panic? [see also: The Fear Left]

eg: Like the TSA searches. They fail their own tests 90% of the time. Yet, if someone must fly for work purposes, say, they must subject themselves to Stupid Security Theater. People like me, for whom flying is a choice, just plain quit doing it.

But on this one, I’m seeing some push-back. Enough push-back to make me feel optimistic. I think it’s gonna be harder to disarm this The People than they might’ve anticipated.

Thoughts?

1. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm |

It’s not about gun control. It’s about criminal access.

It’s already a felony for a convicted criminal to buy, attempt to buy, or possess a firearm or for anyone to use a firearm in the commission of a crime.

I don’t view it as gun control, I view it as gun safety,

The NRA was founded to teach firearms safety.
    I teach firearms safety as a major part of (and first item of business) during NRA basic shooting and personal defense courses and during concealed-carry classes. As an NRA-qualified Chief Range Safety Officer, I also teach the NRA Range Safety Officer course.
    If the gov’t wants to teach firearms safety in schools (as it does for driving and sex), I’d be glad to help.

Progs like Biden and Emanuel are lying sacks of manure!
    This is a baldfaced attempt to change the brand name (a “trial balloon” right now)
    from “gun confiscation in violation of civil rights” to “warm furry puppy.”
    (see: anthropogenic global warming —> climate change)

2. Edd Zachary
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 12:47 pm |

Back when I was a young sprout growing up in Indiana, was introduced to guns and the results (both hunting and self-defense) of using them at an early age. Also being a student of history, one can see what the has happening in the world with unarmed subjects, and the real reasons for the 2nd in the Bill of Rights. Believe that in the near future it will be difficult to take what we have, and if tried would not be the results that the urban infidels would think. However in another generation, who knows.

If Biden, BO (Lord of the Flies) and the gang want to eviscerate the 2nd, I would suggest they do it according to the means in the Constitution. Let’s see if there are 2/3 each in the House and Senate who will vote for it, and if that happens how long will it take 3/4 of the States to pass. I am sure the supporters are more worried about their power, than to stand up for their beliefs.

In the meantime, many of us are more than willing to reaffirm our oaths to protect the US from all enemies.

I must be off!

Posted January 26, 2013 at 12:53 pm |

Need to put a cork on the end of that finger so’s he doesn’t poke his or anyone else’s eye out.

I’m getting whiplash from shaking my head and headaches from rolling my eyes at these people.

4. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 12:55 pm |

There is going to be a nationwide day of resistance on February 23rd.

Pass it on.

This needs to become a monster.

Google “February 23 day of resistance”

Time for action, my friends.

5. Posted January 26, 2013 at 1:31 pm |

These people simply do not understand ….. And they never will. Passing a new Law, or posting a new Sign does not deter a criminal.

By the way, though, just got a killer deal on a Marlin 700 and a Remington 30.06 semi….. Yeah baby.

6. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 1:43 pm |

Edd (2)
    Excellent point.
    Might be worthy of a Prog Canon post.
    Stay tuned.

Oh, and Joe?
    Watch where you point that finger.
    You could put somebody’s eye out.
    (What? Yeah, prob’ly his own.)

7. S2
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm |

Gun safety? According to the Sacramento Democrat, here is no such thing.

8. Melissa In Texas
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm |

I do not believe these idiots know what they have awakened.
    I was reading where the NY folks are just flat out refusing to comply with the new law.
    That is heartening!

9. Merovign
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 3:20 pm |

Biden is such an unutterable fucking idiot. Apart from being a traitor to the Constitution and freedom in general. And a slimy, dishonest, loudmouthed childish political bully.

Their actual goal is to remove the balance against their “absolute power” to do to you whatever they see fit. That’s why they never actually go after *criminals*, it’s always an attack on people who are *not* criminals.

They don’t have sympathy for *us*.

10. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 4:03 pm |

Doug, It’s just a piece of paper.

Unless a “progressive” wants to call it a gun, and then viola! a piece of paper with a corner torn out is a gun, and a child must be publicly embarrassed in a classroom over it.

11. JoeBandMember™
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm |

The Regime® wants a violent reaction.

That’s what the 1.6 billion rounds are for.

This country is beginning to remind me of a pressure cooker within a tenth of a PSIG of the lid blowing off.

12. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm |

Melissa (8)
    I’ll try to find a place to post that.
    Yeah, it’s like “Canada” never happened.

JBM (10)
    *heh* Good linkagery.

13. ZZMike
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 6:49 pm |

Does anybody ever ask how many gun-related murders are committed by law-abiding (other than that last) gun owners? Or NRA members?

Or, more simply, how many shootings are done by people who are not psychopaths or sociopaths or otherwise a few cards short of a full deck?

Posted January 26, 2013 at 11:36 pm |

I was hoping that when Lying Plugs (great name for an indian punk rock band) came to Richmond for his Round Table Discussion, a few members of the public could attend.
    Naturally, the most Transparent Administration closed it to the public. I would have loved to counter his “double barrel shotgun” admonition with “what do you do when four armed gangbangers kick down your front door? Swing it at the two still standing and shooting?”
    He is a disgrace to morons.