…erm, wha?

ToDaZeD Narrative Twaddle

[Sen. Dianne Feinstein]

“Does a child have a right to be safe in school?” she asked, referring to last month’s massacre at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school. “Does a law client when he goes into a law firm have a right to believe he’s safe? Does a shopper in a mall have a right to believe that she’s safe? I think so.

“…Look at Aurora,” she continued. “People sitting in a theater. Somebody with 100 rounds in a drum came in and just mowed down people. Do people going to movies have a right to be safe? You want to talk about rights, talk about the rights of the majority, too.”

No. It is not a Right to “Be Safe.” It is my responsibility to recognize the reality that Life is NOT Safe — and to take reasonable, responsible action.

How could that Right **possibly** be protected?
[people in Law Offices that was random have hammers, staplers, bats, spike heels, fists and feet, too. How ya gonna feel "safe" with all that armament?]

As to “The rights of the majority”, that implies that DiFi assumes the majority of people to be incapable of responsible self-protection.

I’ll leave that discussion to y’all…

[NYT description of the Aurora weapons:]
…a Remington 870 …a Smith & Wesson M&P15 …a Glock .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol

“drum” ?

1. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 11:10 am |

No, there is no right to “be safe.”
    There is, however, a natural right and a constitutional right to “defend yourself.”
    If this jackass wants to go with a “right to be safe,” I’ll interpret it to mean a “right to defend oneself, family, and others with whatever weapon one chooses.”

Being “defenseless” is not the same as being “safe.”
    Being “totally dependent on state-provided security” is not the same as being “safe.”
    That’s the thinking blither of an idiot, a child, a totalitarian, a state-worshiper, or a liar.

Every day … they insult us e•vry. frik•kin’. daaaaaay!

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 11:25 am |

Okay, on closer reading, I notice that she said,
    “a right to believe that he/she’s safe.”

To belieeeve that you’re safe.
    WTF does that even mean?
    I mean, geeze, duuude. Is there even a brain connected to that tongue?
    I believe not.
    (What? Well, okay, a lizard brain.)

Okay, reckon a man’s gotta believe in something.
    If I carry a handgun, I “believe I’m safer.”

3. MikeG
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 11:26 am |

Just so happens I feel a bit safer when I’m carrying.

4. Posted January 27, 2013 at 11:49 am |

So, if Feinstein wants to go on a “rights” rant….

How about:

* Don’t I have a right to know why the Dept of Homeland Security used my money to buy a billion rounds of ammunition?
    * Don’t I have a right to know why my tax dollars were used to buy every IRS agent in this country a tactical shotgun?
    * Don’t I have a right to feel safe that my teenage daughter can go to high school without some counselor hustling her over to a Planned Parenthood clinic for an abortion?

5. Jess
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm |

If God had considered safety a right, we would look like 150 pound armadillos and scrounge for bugs in the dark of night.

6. Edd Zachary
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 12:33 pm |

So we have a Senator from the most liberal state in the nation, who has been in the government employ most of her adult life, and a President from parts unknown who know what is best for us peons in flyover country. I think not.

Senator Feinstein is a good example as why we need term limits.

And our President is much like the failed German artist from last century that an adoring press and populace swept to power with terrible results.

I did hear right that BO is an artist right?

Doesn’t he draw flies in his spare time?

I must be off!

7. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 12:39 pm |

As to the 100-rnd drum magazine:
    according to the article, that magazine jammed, so the murderer went to his backup, a shotgun which Biden recommends over the AR-style which jammed.

Larger mags are inherently less reliable than smaller mags, so it would seem that, in order to better meet DiFi’s concern, we should encourage high-capacity mags … the larger and more unreliable, the better.

8. Justin Credible
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 3:34 pm |

source
    Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

9. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 4:03 pm |

^ Perfect!
    Expect to have that idea stolen.

10. Merovign
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 4:07 pm |

The “right to feel safe” is in the Constitution next to the “right to live forever” and the “right to be loved.”

11. rickn8or
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 4:25 pm |

Of course to the Progs, it’s more important to feel safe than to be safe. (I’ll be safe as I feel is necessary, thankyouverymuch.)

But doing it their way, turning every elementary, junior and senior high school, mall and office into a minimum-security prison, is a much better idea. /sarc

Messrs. Moscone and Milk were unavailable for comment.

12. Posted January 28, 2013 at 12:31 pm |

I dont feel safe any time there is a liberal in power. What about my right to feel safe?

13. JTH
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 6:03 pm |

Right. “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”