ToDaZeD Cut ‘m Outta The Herd

overheard on the raadio nooz

“A study of 2,700 people … indicated that most Americans agree with banning “assault” weapons … increased background checks …

This demonstrates a difference between average gun-owning citizens and those who identify with the NRA.

1] Grab the Language. — check
2] Split the opposition. — check

1. mojo
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 10:22 am |

What part of “I don’t need a fucking referendum on whether I get to exercise my rights” was unclear?

2. PeggyU
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 10:27 am |

Define “average gun owner”.

Posted January 28, 2013 at 11:18 am |

Two can play at this:

A study I conducted in 1966 of 3000 people, concluded that 100% approved of *assault-type* weapons and NO background checks!

{…Fine print: These *people* were 1st, 2nd and 3rd battalion members of the 3rd Marine Regiment…}

Johnson water

4. Jess
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 11:22 am |

They never studied anything and made the crap up. Regardless of any study, opinion or attempt to save someone, or something, it’s my right to keep and bear arms and there’s nothing they can do about, without breaking the law and pissing off the real majority.

They may cull a few weak stragglers with their rhetoric, but those people won’t be important, anyway. They’d be the first to have a panic attack and go to the other side, where they’d languish in education camps.

5. Sigivald
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 4:49 pm |

I bet if they polled with “banning guns that fire one shot per pull of the trigger and have certain cosmetic features that are of no utility for mayhem” they’d get massive opposition.

Funny how picking the right term (#1 in the post) lets you decide the outcome, huh?

(I also suspect that many of the people supporting “more background checks” greatly underestimate what we have now… I’ve seen far too many non-gun people with the idea that NICS doesn’t exist.)

6. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 6:19 pm |

Claire,
    Yep!

7. Merovign
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 8:05 pm |

Remember when unpopular minorities were worthy of protection from an ill-informed majority?

Good times, good times.

8. accipiter NW
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 8:24 pm |

Going along with Merovign’s comment, there ought to be a NRACP, or National Rifle Association for Colored People. The prevailing meme with the elite media is that crazy white rednecks are the only ones “stupid enough to be clinging to the 2nd Amendment and guns”- (more division along racial and cultural lines) Their right to bear arms is just as important as their right to free speech & practicing their religion, but I wonder if they are tricked into buying into the B.S. coming out of Washington, New York, DiFi’s Californialand.
    How can it hurt minorities to learn about responsible gun ownership, 2nd Amendment rights?

9. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 9:34 pm |

I’ll bet a lot of smokers do …..

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:26 am |

Identify with the NRA

…is that like Identifying as LGBT?

11. mojo
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 8:50 am |

Little Girl, Big Tits?

12. LyleLovett666
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm |

If a poll says it it must be true and if a majority of people want it I guess we should do it,whether it’s constitutional or not.So if the klan can convince a majority to endorse slavery…?

13. JimB
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 8:44 am |

I told my wife that if the state of NJ decides to turn me into a fellon because of things I owned legally I was leaving. She thinks I’m over reacting,, I’m going to miss her. She just doesn’t get it