new journalism’s hard

President Obama recently told the New Republic magazine, “Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.” Today, after some suggested the president’s claim might not be true, the New Republic tweeted a picture supposedly proving that Obama has gone skeet shooting

previously

1. PeggyU
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 1:10 pm |

Great idea, but you left out the squirrel. :)

The White House needs better photoshoppers; their high school volunteers just aren’t cutting the mustard.

2. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 1:18 pm |

3. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 1:19 pm |

Although there are so many options, this may be Sondra’s finest ‘shop.

Peggy, actually, I do believe she included the squirrel — the one leaning backward with the white t-shirt?

(should have given him a fiddle, or guitar, or golf club or something though)

4. bocopro
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 2:09 pm |

BO: “Say, Joe . . . once you’ve shot a nice mess of skeet, what’s the best way to cook ‘em?”

Joe: “Ask Michelle, boy. Hell, woman like yours prob’ly knows how to cook all that redneck stuff.”

MO: “You shoot ‘em . . . you clean ‘em and cook ‘em. I got a plane to catch.”

5. Jess
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 2:19 pm |

I heard the photo is fake. I think they’re wrong. The photo is real and the President is fake.

6. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 2:44 pm |

*bwahahahahahaha*
    Tears runnin’ down my cheeks, here, boss.

It’s an Iran-quality PhotoShop.
    I especially like how they cut off the golf shoes.
    Disappointed they didn’t include more shotguns, though.
    Adding Cheney would’a been a nice touch.

Now, where’s that birth certificate?

Posted January 29, 2013 at 3:17 pm |

Nothing like shooting skeet when your shotgun is pointed at the ground and you are reeling backwards——for a good body position to hit a clay pidgeon!

I call—-Bull——Shit!

But, then I risk being called a nebish, for only having 10 yrs skeet shooting experience……..and……….not being familiar w the Chicago technique…….which is mostly done at night!

Posted January 29, 2013 at 3:36 pm |

So that’s how they handle shotguns in chicago?

I’m thinking if he really fired one he’d let go of it and crack his head like some of the first timers on you tube.

And the minders would give him blanks for their own safety.

Next week’s question concerns snipe hunting at Camp David.

They’ll take jay carney for bait.

9. LLoyd
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 3:38 pm |

@2 People who actually believe that bullshit should have their right to vote removed. CI

The whole freeking gubbamint is like that CI. There is evil in this land that I think is going back to the days of Goebbels and Hitler with the Commie Stateism thrown in. This is one demonic regime. Propaganda and lies daily. Or that muzzie term :Taqiyya.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10. Posted January 29, 2013 at 3:41 pm |

11. RonF
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 3:54 pm |

Gun Safety Rule # 56: Do not break dance while holding a shotgun.

12. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 5:12 pm |

^ Rule #57:
    Do not make a tenderfoot dance in an old-West saloon by shooting a shotgun at his feet.

13. Steve Skubinna
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 5:29 pm |

God, these people are stupid.

14. Justin Credible
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm |

Is Piers Morgan consuting for TNR now? He has some experience with this, but with no better success.

15. Merovign
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 6:25 pm |

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary, from a journalistic point of view. I mean, yeah, the ‘shop was a little lower quality than average, but that’s not new.

Al-reuters is famous for it.

16. Merovign
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 6:25 pm |

Actually, Poos Morgan is famous for it, too.

17. Posted January 29, 2013 at 6:42 pm |

Obviously, there’s photographic evidence of Obama shooting skeet – it just took them a while to make it hunt it down, is all.

18. Claire
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:04 pm |

The skeet won.

19. mojo
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:24 pm |

20. ZZMike
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:43 pm |

What classic form!!! He must surely have an Instructor rating.

But wait …. aren’t skeet an endangered species?

PS: Is that photo really one released by th White House?

21. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:46 pm |

Yes, Obobo does seem to be a bit, shall we say, unfamiliar with proper techniques for handling firearms.

Anyone want to comment on Sen Frankenstein’s finger discipline at her newser?

(P.S. Help a moron out folks – how do you post an image here that doesn’t have a URL? ie one on my desktop [should I ever have something worth posting]?)

Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:50 pm |

LotF, I go to imageshack.com and upload my image there.

Then copy the html link and paste it into the comment.

23. Melissa In Texas
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 8:14 pm |

LotF…
    she STILL needs some lessons… as does our illustrious “skeet shooter”
    *spit*

24. Paul
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 8:40 pm |

Look folks, the Photoshopped picture of ‘O’ is fake but inaccurate.

Last time he ‘shotup’ was when he was on cocaine (as he wrote in his own book!)

Posted January 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm |

Oh shit, Stilton hurt me. ROTFLMAO.

26. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 11:58 am |

I’ve shot a lot of skeet, but never from a position like that.