there’s a word for this

“I think it’s important to remind everybody that, what I’ve said previously, I am not a king, I am head of the executive branch of government. I am required to follow the law, and that is what we’ve done.”

1. Jess
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:17 am |

Good. Now he can fire half his cabinet, hire an honest Attorney General, instruct them to root out criminal acts, and prosecute any cabinet official operating outside the law.

After that, he can resign for failing to uphold the law to this point.

2. Posted January 31, 2013 at 12:16 pm |

Gee .. that includes selling guns to Mexican criminals, appointing people to leadership positions without bothering with congressional approval, locking up oil shale lands in Utah by declaring a huge chunk of the stat a National Monument, again, without congressional approval?

I could go on here …

3. Posted January 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm |

My favorite was preventing Jindal from cleaning up oil slicks by declaring the 95% clean water coming out of oil skimmers to be “pollution”.

This despite a Supreme court decision that mining suction sluices do not cause pollution because anything that goes through them came out of the body of water originally …

4. mojo
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 1:45 pm |

“Sorry, we’re full up with Louis 14′s this year. Could you be Edward the Fourth instead?”

5. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 1:50 pm |

One word title …
    The Man Who Would be King
    (What? Well, it’s a great movie — a story of how to get ahead in the world.)

6. bocopro
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 2:00 pm |

Appears a editor missed a word there . . . shouldn’t that be “I am not yet a king”?

7. Posted January 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm |

Its easy to say that when you’ve got your auto pen sitting on a stack of executive orders

8. Merovign
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 6:28 pm |

Did anyone figure out which law he was talking about? I can’t figure out what he meant. Does he mean they have no parking tickets? Did they follow an obscure waterways code? Because as a general rule, the statement doesn’t seem to be true.

9. Rededmonds
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 7:01 pm |

What he meant to say was, “We are a king”. The royal “we” applies to his highness, King Skeeter I. Using a simple “I” would not convey the presence of the State within the man…

We need to get used to our role as subjects and all hail King Skeeter!

10. bocopro
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm |

Well, lawsy, lawsy. I swan! Wheah IS mah mand!

I know’d dat. An’ me a Inglish teecher fer fi’teen y’ar.

How imbarasin!

Yep. All hail King Skeeter!!

Love it.

Posted January 31, 2013 at 9:26 pm |

Two words:
    Liar
    Impeachable

12. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 9:48 pm |

Rededmonds (9)
    Skeeter the First !!!
    [lays aside laptop to recover seegar *ptooied* across the room]

Posted January 31, 2013 at 10:41 pm |

(8) Merovign,

I am thinking he thinks he is the law and follows himself in the mirror.

14. Rededmonds
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:20 pm |

Thanks Doug — great crown image!

There will also need to be an orb and scepter insignia for King Skeeter’s dominion.