so there’s that

Court: NYTimes’s Request for New York City Gun Owners Violates Law
As did the previous release of a list of gun owners.

1. Steve Skubinna
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 11:33 am |

Too bad the assholes at Gawker and the Post-Journal already did their damage.

2. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 11:52 am |

Now my f’ing doctor ask me if I had any guns in my house. I ask him why he would want to know that, and he said the Guv’mit makes him ask. I wonder how many straight answers he gets.

3. Steve_in_CA
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 1:08 pm |

The courts balked at releasing the records because it is New York City, where the only people who get gun permits are the well connected. Can’t let the peasants see who is armed in the city.

Posted February 5, 2013 at 1:43 pm |

^Alan (2) ,
    My doc asked that on my first medicare physical, and I declined to answer. I’ve since stopped taking Medicare physicals, and get the same tests by complaining of certain ailments in a timely fashion.

Posted February 5, 2013 at 1:45 pm |

If the NY Times is shot down asking for gun data, is it a gun crime?
    *fukew*fukew*fukew*

6. Posted February 5, 2013 at 2:27 pm |

Yeah, my Doc asked me if I owned a gun. I replied truthfully,”No, I do not own a gun.”

Who the hell would only own “A” gun?

7. Hank
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 2:44 pm |

Who the hell would only own “A” gun?

Maybe one of them moderates I keep hearing about. I’ve been told I don’t do moderation very well.

8. mojo
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 2:58 pm |

“None of your business.”
    “I’m required to ask.”
    “Fine. That’s the answer.”

9. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:58 pm |

“I’m required to ask.”
    “Do you own a gun, Doc? Am I required to answer? Show me the directive. Oh, never mind, Doc. The answer is ‘Nunayadangbusiness.’ Yeah, you can write that down.”

10. rickn8or
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:10 pm |

This is precisely why the gummint cannot be trusted with who owns what guns and is allowed to carry them in public.

11. Merovign
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:52 pm |

“I’m sorry doctor, but since the government has seen fit to turn the medical profession into proxy political snoops, I cannot answer *any* questions not directly related to the complaint I’m seeing you about today.”

12. mojo
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:16 pm |

My my, how interesting

13. Caged Insanity
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm |

The problem with the gun question is that if you even so much as bat an eye when they ask, they will assume that no matter what comes out of your mouth, the answer is “yes”, and if you say “no” they’ll mark you down as a liar.

This is the United States of America. Where all are guilt until proven guilty (unless you are black, then you are innocent until proven innocent)

14. rickn8or
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:36 pm |

mojo, some model.

15. mojo
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 8:10 am |

They’re comparing against a firearms registration DB that they are not supposed to have. And which is necessarily incomplete.

Will anybody notice, ya think?

16. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 8:48 am |

mojo,
    I notice that their problem is funding.
    Money wouldn’t be a problem, if they sold the confiscated firearms to non-prohibited citizens.
    Or the Feds could buy ‘em and give ‘em to those who can’t afford guns.
    You know, Obamaguns.
    Hey, think of it as “redistribution.”