where are today’s Lympians

…The White House is declining to explain its criteria for directing drone attacks against American citizens working abroad with terrorists following revelations that the administration requires no evidence of a pending attack to justify a strike.

These strikes are legal, they are ethical and they are wise,’ White House spokesman Jay Carney said Tuesday…

previously…

Finish your assignment! »

1. Steve Skubinna
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:40 pm |

That’s completely different. Bush is a war criminal because the CIA splashed water on three terrorists’ faces.

2. Brad
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:47 pm |

I was a (nearly) lone voice screaming about this back when anwar al-whatzizname was targeted in yemen.

Pretty much everyone was alright with the idea of offing this terrorist POS even though he was a US citizen.

I said and still say that when the government is allowed to make the decision WHEN to withdraw the protections afforded under the constitution, those protections become pretty weak.

3. Jess
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:49 pm |

I guess I could come up with a snarky comment, but it doesn’t feel right. This is scary shit.

4. Merovign
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm |

Say goodbye to the Age of Laws, say hello to the Second Feudal Age. Probably third, at least.

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 7:17 pm |

Obama says WE are dangerous too……..

6. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 7:33 pm |

They have been training at the failed nuke plant in Grays Harbor County, WA, and I have a friend who lives nearby and wants to shoot one down.

Even if he doesn’t get one, and, by the way, he’s a liberal with a gun, I’m sure it won’t be long before one is taken down.

7. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 7:58 pm |

Where?

Over at Traditions’ Felcher Bar and Drill, no doubt.

Or perhaps the Martin Gay Diner.

8. Fat Baxter
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm |

I’m swimming against the tide here, but I say if an US citizen is found on the battlefield taking up arms against the US, he’s a just another target. He’s made his choice and gets to live with the consequences.

Fuck the lawyers who say otherwise. They’re simply engaging in lawfare.

9. Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm |

Agreed, Fat Baxter.

If this was a member of the German-American Bund who had gotten shot while wearing a Waffen-SS uniform in Nazi Germany, we wouldn’t be having this argument.

These assholes publicly joined AQ. They are all legitimate military targets.

If they want a trial, they need to surrender first.

10. Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm |

That being said, the hypocrisy here IS delicious.

11. Dave
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm |

Bad American citizens are protected by the same Constitution that protects good American citizens. That’s the way it is.

If you don’t like it, move to another country.

Posted February 5, 2013 at 10:24 pm |

‘These strikes are legal, they are ethical and they are wise,’ JUST LIKE White House spokesman Jay Carney
    FIFY, Jay.

13. PeggyU
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:16 am |

Joe – If you wing it, can I have it? :D I wants to dissect it.

14. Buzz
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:50 am |

Watched a lib on TV saying Bush acted illegally in detaining at Guantanamo, but Obama killing with drones isn’t, because he would stop if Congress had the backbone to tell him.
    ?!
    She said the blame with Obama is Congress and the public not stopping him.

?!

15. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:30 am |

I’m not going to shoot at one.

I may be pissed, but I’m not stupid.

However, the use of these will ultimately be against Americans who own firearms. The writing on the wall is very clear to me.

16. Steve Skubinna
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 7:04 am |

Except, Kristophr, these are the same clowns who insist on due process for terrorists captured in combat, and who want to abolish military tribunals and try them in civilian courts. As always, the progs insist on playing by their rules except when they don’t.

Their laws only work in one direction, when directed at us. Obama is concentrating on drone strikes in order to avoid triggering the War Powers Act, and also to pretend that he’s scaling down the War on Terror.

17. SteveHGraham
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 7:26 am |

So now Obama has repealed the FIFTH Amendment. How many does that leave?

18. mojo
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:05 pm |

Touree: “Zum befel, mein Fuehrer!”