sotu

( * )

1. mojo
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 3:30 pm |

Mind you, I’m not saying that this has ever happened to me. But then, I’m not denying it either. You draw your own conclusions.

Posted February 13, 2013 at 4:32 pm |

^nicely documented, Mojo. (1)

Once I had to bring jumper cables from my personal truck to start a multi million dollar test widget mounted on a half million dollar Air Force multi wheeled vehicle.

*cough_area denial system_cough*

3. Fat Baxter
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 5:24 pm |

Mech — was it this?

If so, I wrote the original statement of need for that many years ago.

Posted February 13, 2013 at 5:37 pm |

Cool, Fat Baxter, yep that is system 1 and there was another that rode on a HEMTT a few years ago. . .

ask Headmissy for my email if you like.
    We may have met some of the same people over the years.

5. Just Sayin
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 7:12 pm |

Mojo
    My assistant and I subscribe to the belief that if it ain’t broke it don’t need fixing

Yup… that or wait for the update to the update.

6. Fat Baxter
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 7:37 pm |

Mech — upon further pondering, it may have been the statement of work. Whatever.

Initially, SAC wanted this technology as a possible layer in protecting WSAs. They imagined the gizmo at the door to the WSA, as a final deterrent if someone got past the guards. They were really interested in the dial-a-yield aspect (they tap-danced around the possibility of a lethal setting. They weren’t sure how the lawyers would respond to a popcorn setting). That adjustable effect was the really intriguing piece of the technology.

Anyway, after drafting the statement, I had no further involvement. It was handed off to another team. I was only involved because I had previously served in SAC and could probably put it in SAC-ese, and also because my colonel said “you write well.”

I just knew who was initially developing the technology and checked in from time to time to see what was going on. Thus endeth my footnote in history.

7. Merovign
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 8:59 pm |

I was a BOFH once. Nice work if you can get it. :)

8. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 9:33 pm |

The politicians and or the SCOTUS have all the evidence on the great usurper in The White House, yet they do nothing about it.

We will fight foreign troops on the streets of this nation unless people wake up and wake up damn f*cking fast.

WE ARE SCREWED.

Only God can help us now.

But we as a nation have turned our backs on Him, promoting perversion, shredding the unborn, kicking Him out of the schools and colleges.

We deserve the flames of Hell.

9. Merovign
    Posted February 13, 2013 at 11:00 pm |

Off-topic shoes:

10. mojo
    Posted February 14, 2013 at 8:08 am |

Oh, great. Shoe mods. Just what was needed.

11. ZZMike
    Posted February 14, 2013 at 10:02 pm |

Light-up shoes: Makes me think of those low-riders with purple lights all over the undercarriage.