ToDaZeD Wonderment

*blink*blinkblink*

Spoken in Congress:

We are at the bone almost. And sequester that is across-the-board cuts will literally destroy us and put us in a recession.

I don’t want to hear the fact that the president is divisive. The President is leading and he has led well. The American people are listening. When are our friends on the other side of the aisle going to listen? I want to challenge this body to be the kind of “Lincolness attitude.”

As yesterday was the official birthday of President Lincoln, February 12, and although it was a tragic time in our history, I can assure you that it shows the greatest promise of America when people could come together and do something great. I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together. Are we going to be able to do it today to free America?*

Speaking of think that through; what is it like to actually think of oneself as a “freed slave?” 147 years after the fact?

Or: what is it like to be so cynical in pursuit of one’s objectives that one could cartoonize the suffering of so many human beings in order to win a political point?

How cynical — or blind — must one be if the “winning” of that political point furthers the re-enslavement of so many more human beings to The State?

1. TimO
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 8:18 am |

Sheila needs the services of a mental health professional….

Posted February 15, 2013 at 8:41 am |

Consider the stupid as a bag of rocks, racist ___________ who said it and the stupid as bags of rocks, racist _________s who elected her and you just write it off as stupid as a bag of rocks, racist drivel.
    What she said about being a “freed slave” is right down there with the schmucks who pretend to be spec ops warriors and wear unearned valor medals. She is a disgrace to ‘her’ people who survived slavery and the hundreds of thousands of white men who died to free them.

3. mojo
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 8:57 am |

Apparently, she came over on the Amistad, with Cinque.

Posted February 15, 2013 at 8:59 am |

Though I regret looking (the pic is so darn big) she doesn’t look bad for a century and a half in age.

If one were to suppose that she spoke any truth.

5. Jess
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 9:00 am |

She IS a slave of ignorance and will be so forever.

6. Steve Skubinna
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 9:27 am |

There’s no expiration date on the victim card, and it has no limit.

7. USMC2841
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 9:31 am |

I stand here a shackled slave because this Congress came together…When you take my earnings at the threat of imprisonment or forfeiture of property and redistribute it to another you make me a slave. A slave lashed by the whip that is the IRS but a slave none the less.

8. MCPO
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 9:36 am |

Sharp as a bag of hammers.

Really? Can we have a real discussion in this country about the needs for term limits in Congress?

9. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 10:05 am |

Insults slaves.
    Insults blacks.
    Insults everyone who heard it.
    May God have mercy on her soul.

Posted February 15, 2013 at 10:05 am |

#8 I am with you on the term limits!! Age limits also just heard one is not running this year because he’s 90 years old– didn’t get his name or state. I can see Sheets Bird waving his arms around–wouldn’t hurt if they had to pass an IQ test either. No one to blame but the voters.

11. Jess
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 10:18 am |

She also has the distinction of being the worse Congress member to work for. The turnover rate of her employees is over 50%, from what I’ve heard.

12. Hopefulone
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 10:59 am |

She’s a racist. She thinks that people with dark skin can’t make it on their own. She thinks they need special exemptions from life. They need government jobs because they can’t make it in the real world? Racist. They need government money because they could not find some work that people are interested in paying for? Racist.

13. Posted February 15, 2013 at 11:21 am |

It isn’t hard to see that she is stupid, and racist, and a stupid racist at that.

The problem is that what she has to offer, stupid racism, appeals to a large number of people who find no problem casting a vote in favor of what she has to offer.

And that’s why I fear for the future of our civilization.

14. ZZMike
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 12:09 pm |

Shiela Jackson Lee: the ultimate low-information Congresswoman elected by the ultimate low-information voters.

(Recall that “low-information” is today’s PC-talk for “ignorant”.)

15. ZZMike
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 12:27 pm |

Another thing she missed: she stands there because Republicans (during the 60s or so) beat down the Democrats who were going to keep segregation till hell froze over. Run through the list: Bull Connor, Gov Orval Faubus, …

Here’s a link with some details:

How many Democratic senators/reps were/are members of the K.K.K?

(He spells Faubus’ name wrong.)

Al Gore, Sr. is on that list.

Posted February 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm |

BTW Sondra, tape that pic on whatever you beat the crap out of in your kickboxing practice.
    That’s what I want to do, but I’m unable at the moment.

17. mojo
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 12:40 pm |

Ps: I’m shocked, SHOCKED!! to learn that Lee Baca is acting just like every other sheriff in the state!

18. Posted February 15, 2013 at 2:04 pm |

Jackson-Lee is an insult to the dignity of Congress.

19. Nomen Nescio
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 2:46 pm |

Are we going to be able to do it today to free America?
    Not even to free America lady. Oh wait, that’s not what you meant. Nevermind.

20. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm |

Hay, nobody knows the trouble she seen as a US Rep.

21. mojo
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 4:15 pm |

It’s people like this that give stupidity a bad rep.

22. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 4:39 pm |

Missy (20) made me nearly snort soda out my nose.

23. ZZMike
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 5:32 pm |

A caller on a talk show today said he called Lee’s office and asked who her owner was. They hung up.

24. Paul Moore
    Posted February 15, 2013 at 7:36 pm |

As a proud Dutch -American, I am still waiting for reparations from the British for the Boer War!

25. Posted February 15, 2013 at 8:37 pm |

I met a woman who was born a slave, I was 6 she was 109. She was my mother’s boyfriend’s great great grandmother

26. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted February 16, 2013 at 6:58 am |

Too bad she’s not as concerned with real, existing, right-now, no-sh*t slavery in Africa and the Muslim worlds.

27. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 16, 2013 at 7:42 am |

Bullshit.

She ain’t never been a “slave”.

She is just another Jackson/Sharpton race baiter, teaching blacks that they cannot succeed, don’t have to work, and that whites owe them everything they can ask for.

If telling the truth makes me a racist, them stamp it right on my forehead.

28. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 16, 2013 at 7:48 am |

The Demo/Commie left won’t talk bad about the Islamics, because they don’t think we or their lapdogs are smart enough to see the truth about Islam, the truth about how they treat their women, Christians and or Jews, those who disagree in ANY way, and of course, the Democrats’ precious homosexuals who are first on the kill list under sharia law.

Posted February 16, 2013 at 8:54 am |

I hear Hillary’s screechy voice— Iahve come a long way!!!!

30. s2
    Posted February 16, 2013 at 9:00 am |

Erm, she voted for the sequester.