gun-cot’n

Private enterprise takes the bull by the horns.

The list of companies that have stopped selling firearms and ammunition to law enforcement agencies in states that are restricting the Second Amendment has more than doubled since Wednesday and is more than five times larger than just one week ago. There are 44 companies on our list, with more being added as we receive notification.

For example (BTF): »

Steve Adelmann of Citizen Arms shared the following from his company’s statement, made the day after New York changed its laws:
”Due to legal, ethical and moral concerns, Citizen Arms offers only those custom firearms that are legal for all lawful citizens of a given state to possess, regardless of law enforcement status. LE personnel living in states where citizens must have restrictive features will only receive like product support from Citizen Arms. We’re very appreciative of the sacrifices made by the law enforcement community but we’re even more appreciative of the right guaranteed to all law-abiding US citizens by the Second Amendment to the US Constitution: A well regulated militia, necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”.

This one’s personal.
Adelmann built an AR-10 carbine for me (2nd row right & 3rd row left*).
This is one guy who really knows his black guns, both technically and tactically (trust me on this).
As you see from his immediate response, above, Steve’s not a “me too” kind’a guy — pointy-end all the way.

* Yeah, that’s a pic of my rifle, before I added some break-up coloring, the EOTech, and flip-up sights.
It’s designed for use aboard a single-handed cruising sailboat. Req’ts: moving torso shot at 100yds (but it’s ~0.7″moa in Steve’s hands), hull/cabin penetration, slick forend (w/o line-snagging geegaws) for hanging in a sling while operating rig & piloting, and colored for low-vis around dusk at sea (to disguise orientation, not presence: same for primary mag).
Feast yereyes and drool, oh ye peasants:

(What? Oh, yeah, I love this rifle; and unlike the old SKS and Mossberg, I’ll dive to recover this one.)

Make that 59 70 and counting (with updated list) via Firehand (7) in comments.

Y’know … it’d be cool if an ammo manufacturer would come out and limit NYgov’t sales to 7rnds/LEO, too.

Beretta USA is threatening to leave Maryland over new gun control proposals … “Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?” [more]

Posted February 23, 2013 at 2:48 pm |

Sure wish Colt, S&W, Ruger, Winchester, Remington, Speer, Federal, Hornady would do likewise.
    BTW Doug, Does Sondra know you’re posting p0nr?
    That gray gun got me drooling here.

Posted February 23, 2013 at 2:57 pm |

Everyone will know who to buy their evil weapons from.

3. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 4:23 pm |

Here’s a company that still is, and I guarantee you won’t like what they’re selling to the government and law enforcement.

4. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 4:38 pm |

JBM ^ (and Melissa a couple’a days ago)
    Yeah. I was gonna do a post on that, bein’ of a tinfoil-hat bent at the time.
    That target set was certainly troubling, but I couldn’t find a good handle to support my paranoia. Now, they’ve taken that product page down.
    (What? Oh, okay, hand me that roll of tinfoil.)

dick (1)
    It ain’t prOn if you can actually play with it.
    Well, I can, so … okay, yeah, mebbe it is.

5. Brad
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 4:45 pm |

I have a .308AR built on a lower from Tactical Machining of Deland, FL.

On a good day it can shoot .5 moa with 168 gr Gold Medal Match.

T.M. is a local company that makes a little product with their name on it and a lot of product for others. They do the machining work for over 120 other companies.

I dearly wish one of the big boys would step up and side with the people. They could generate a lot of good will within the shooting sports community.

6. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 4:56 pm |

Brad ^
    Yeah, but I expect there may be contractual issues for the big guys,
    not to mention stockholder issues.

7. Posted February 23, 2013 at 7:36 pm |

Sean’s page now shows 57 companies that won’t sell to New Effing York; Howler Cuomo can shove that up his ass.

Posted February 23, 2013 at 10:12 pm |

Yesterday was the birthday of Isaac Davis. In November 1774, Acton Massachusetts formed a company of Minutemen, and Isaac Davis was elected captain. Most provincial Minuteman companies, unlike professional soldiers, were not equipped with bayonets for use in close combat, and they typically re-loaded using powder horns, a slow method more suited for hunting than battle.
    Davis, a gunsmith, was determined that his company be as well-equipped as British soldiers. Davis employed his skills to equip nearly every man in his company with a bayonet and a cartridge box, allowing his company to re-load as quickly as the British and close with them if required. Finally, Davis emphasized marksmanship, training his company on a shooting range behind his house. His high standards in terms of equipment and training made the Acton company one of the best prepared in Massachusetts, and thus they were selected to lead the advance on Old North Bridge, where he was killed in the first minutes of the Battle of Concord.
    Davis saw to it that his citizens were equipped with assault rifles. They carried the day against tyranny.
    And that, Uhbama, and Plugs, and Schumer, and Cuomo, is why you have no right to tell us citizens what we need.

9. JoeBandMember™
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 10:13 pm |

They took their page down, but are still selling the products according to a person who talked to the company.

Call it a joke if you want.

10. Murphy(AZ)
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 12:51 am |

Does anyone know/has anyone heard how this will effect these recent announcements by various gummint agencies for those obscene calls for billions of rounds of “practice” ammunition?

I note that there has been no requests for practice targets… what the heck, they have US!

11. Murphy(AZ)
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 1:01 am |

OOPS! That will teach me to read the posts (thanks #3,) before I open my keyboard.

Hey, if Law Enforcement Targets pays a substantial royalty, I’d be willing to forward a couple of pix of me and my Smith and Wesson’s striking threatening poses like walking to the mailbox, crossing a dark parking lot to the drug store, having lunch at a local eatery, or answering a knock at the door at two in the morning. With the economy being what it is, any extra income is a good thing!

12. PeggyU
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 2:45 am |

LOL. The first time I read that, I thought it said: “Private enterprise takes the bully by the horns.”

13. Posted February 24, 2013 at 8:36 am |

Doug:

I think the re-packaging for 7-round boxes would be cost prohibitive. But maybe they could put the 7 rounds into one of damned-near impossible to open resealable packages they use for cat treats. That would slow them down!!

14. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 9:30 am |

Peggy (12)
    *heh Yeah, that’ll work, too.

leelu ^
    I get the joke, but I don’t wanna slow-down good cops,
    I have nothing but respect and admiration for good cops.
    They do a job I don’t have the fortitude or patience for.
    I just wanna poke the NY legislature in the eye.
    (What? Nah, can’t put their heads on pikes.)

15. Posted February 24, 2013 at 5:50 pm |

Thanks for the link. I am now up to 70 companies on the New York Boycott list

Tomorrow I will be releasing the phone numbers to Glock, SIG, and Smith and Wesson. I think it’s time to up the pressure with some phone calls.

16. Merovign
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 7:18 pm |

Beretta is one of the Big Boys.

Smith I think will be the last to go, but Glock also does *huge* business with govt, but they also talk the talk sometimes… hmmm…

17. mojo
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 10:39 am |

Hey, Doug: Check out #17

18. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 3:29 pm |

^ Yeah, definitely not home-made.
    There’s actually some clever stuff in there.