stuff that’s hard to do (cont’d) figger out

Curiosity on Mars
One question, though … [scratches head]
Who or, uh, what took that there picture?

~ story ~

Finish your assignment! »
Don’t miss this interactive panorama.
Use your up/down/left/right keyboard arrows and play with the zoom.
Welcome to Mars, people.

Posted February 24, 2013 at 10:08 pm |

what took that there picture?
    Sheila Jackson Lee, self proclaimed expert on Mars rovers that can photograph lunar flags. She’s that far out there, yannow? – well beyond barking moonbat.

2. PeggyU
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 11:02 pm |

Are you sure that isn’t near Pasco?

3. PeggyU
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 11:04 pm |

I feel kind of sorry for it now.

4. Just Sayin
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 7:03 am |

You are not the only one to ask ‘what took the picture?’, I read a story, it is a composite image of several photographs, the camera sits on top of an arm and is capable of a 360° view in all directions. When the image is assembled the sections of the picture with the arm visible are removed.

Either that or the moon landing was faked.

(The story link worked but I closed the tab, I tried clicking again and it wouldn’t work, I can’t check to see if the processes was fully explained in any of the links on the page.)

5. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 7:25 am |

Peggy,
    Dammit!!!! I had forgotten all about that one. Thanks.
    (What? No, it’s not insane to feel sorry for a machine, in and of itself; but y’might wanna keep tabs on that kind’a thing.)

JS^
    Hunh … links work fine for me.
    Try holdin’ your tongue on the other side.
    (What? Hey, my advice is worth every penny folks pay for it.)

Posted February 25, 2013 at 7:29 am |

I studied on this for a spell an came up with a couple of hi-poth-a-seas:

1. Pitcher taken by that black Martian wearing a gold helmet, using a Kodak Brownie…

2. Somebody photoshopped my yard in the summer when I was stationed in Beeville, Texas (…home of caliche dirt…)

7. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 7:38 am |

ColJ ^
    *heh* shack 2/2
    (Still plenty’a ordnance left under ‘em ol’ wings, ain’t there?)

Posted February 25, 2013 at 8:09 am |

Drones on Mars???

9. TimO
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 9:34 am |

Every time a libtard says America is irrelevant, toss that photo in their face.
    We are the only country on Earth with nuclear-powered SUV-sized rovers on the other planets and probes leaving the solar system.

10. Posted February 25, 2013 at 10:15 am |

The panorama is a computer composite of all the current photos the rover had taken, including images of itself that got in front of the remote arm camera.

You will not be able to see the underside of the rover because the camera was never pointed these.