ToDaZeD CA *facepalm*

showing ‘em = Good
singing about ‘em = Baaaad

Yes. I watched about 10 mins of the opening of the Oscars …thing.
[the things one will do to annoy one's loving spouse... in my defense, I just wanted to see some of the dresses... guurl stuff, yanno? ...yeah. nevermind.]

So I saw the material in question.

A] Seth MacFarlane. [Family Guy guy?] nuff sed.

2] see A

Sample:

“The actor who really got inside Lincoln’s head was John Wilkes Booth,” …

“Whaaa? Is 150 years too soon?”

See A.

He also did a big musical production number [ending with the LA Gay Men's Chorus] called We Saw Your Boobs. vid here

The response? From the CA State Legislative Women’s Caucus comes this bit of …commentary.

“It is unacceptable for the entity that celebrates film-making and pop culture to have Seth MacFarlane deliver a misogynistic and degrading monologue against actresses who have shown courage in addressing thought-provoking and realistic life experiences on film.”…

*facepalm*

[This from the body that feels it necessary to legally define hot dogs. Which they screw up by including bologna.]

*facepalm*

1. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 7:47 am |

I just wanted to see some of the dresses

An’ I just read it for the articles.
    We know your kind. You’re a Prog ghoul.
    You just wanted to see the inevitable train wreck.
    Happy, now?
    (What? Well, I am.)

2. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 8:17 am |

Not that that vile calumny is so far off the mark: but in this instance I lack sufficient background to catch the cultural ref.s. [I totally missed the "all black guys look alike" thing with the Eddic Murphy/Denzel "joke."]

So, dresses.

and Shoooooooooooz!!!

3. SteveHGraham
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 8:42 am |

I don’t think proud women who expose themselves on film are showing “courage.”

Posted February 28, 2013 at 9:31 am |

Acutally, the dipshit Oscar host saw: “…your skin housing group for silicone aka ‘Iron Tits’…”

[...Little wonder that this child prefers movies from the 30's and 40's...]

5. mojo
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 11:50 am |

Yep, every screechy harpy in the Legislature has her panties in a bunch today!

Posted February 28, 2013 at 11:58 am |

Is that what they call them now?

I have to keep up.

“you have amazing courage”

So, Victoria’s Secret is Courage?

Somehow it seems a singular word doesn’t quite work, but courages is awkward.

Ah, “She is so courageous!

Who doesn’t like to be offered a little encouragement now and then? Or a lot?

(and I almost missed this post)

7. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm |

^ As she leaned over (or slid around) to climb out the limo, you could glimpse her courage.

8. ZZMike
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 8:21 pm |

We talked with a friend who said he’s watched that last 15+ years of Oscars. He gave this one “100 thumbs down”. 4 hours of “100 thumbs down” is more than anyone should be subject to.

Anybody know what the ratings were?

As for Michelle, the less said, the better.

There was a time when they were worth watching.