… youuuuu might be a liberal redneck.

The problem in America today is that there is never a level playing field offered for the discussion of ideas. Therefore, most important topics are only mentioned in a predetermined format. In other words, one can mention, for example—gay marriage, but only with the proviso that the topic for debate and conclusion—is closed. But the Liberal Redneck is a special kind of smug, progressive partisan, who—while refusing to admit any bias, is more angry, close-minded, accusatory and bombastic than an ayatollah at a radical feminist convention. You undoubtedly know the type.

The definition of Liberal Redneck is obvious. A large class of persons exists across America who see themselves as open-minded, enlightened, non-judgmental, unbiased, educated, non-superstitious and elite. Of course, this is the group of persons who claim the mantle of “modern liberal.” In fact, this group is anything but fair-minded and tolerant.

A Liberal Redneck, like any other bigot, assumes beliefs without bothering to investigate whether any credible evidence exists to disprove them. They assert such a lofty intellectual position that they claim no reasonable person could disagree with their ideas.

A classic example of Liberal Redneck Science is Global Warming. This “science” is the classic example of anecdotal mythology, placed into pseudo-scientific explanations, with no more real explanatory power than phrenology (explaining personality and character via skull shape). Despite the perpetual faked research regularly propping up Anthropomorphic Global Warming (AGW), Liberal Rednecks never consider this could be evidence of a falsified movement.

Liberal Rednecks have absolutely no tolerance for those who disagree with their opinions. This is because Liberal Rednecks think their own beliefs define reality.

[Oh, yeah … there's more: funny, chewy, and sweeet.]

(see also: Progressive Theology)

1. Jess
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 9:07 am |

Liberalism is a societal disorder. It’s the same irrational thinking that tells an alcoholic that “it’s only one drink.”

2. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 9:34 am |

So a liberal redneck is still at the end of the day just a liberal.

3. Jess
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 9:44 am |

That, and an asshole.

4. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 9:46 am |

^ I try not to be redundant :)

5. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 9:50 am |

^ Well, youuu were.
    (What? Well, sure, I was, too; but that’s expected.)

Posted May 12, 2013 at 10:29 am |

Liberal Redneck + Liberal highly educated= Ass holes

7. Posted May 12, 2013 at 11:44 am |

Liberal and Redneck should not be spoken in the same phrase, unless perhaps, “that Redneck with the Flag just punched that Hippie Liberal in the face!”

8. tctsunami
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 11:44 am |

Doug, thanks for the pick-me-up. I needed more good news on top of all that is finally being picked up, though somewhat late, by the press. The link to CFP was well worth the read.
    Recent articles on how the “O” is diminishing the liberal brand tells me they know he asked for more than the public could tolerate.

I’d really like to see a “Hillary Nixon” bumper sticker should she decide to run, which looks like a no brainier . She’s into it so deep and to tie her name to Nixon would be very just as well as true. I hate those that deceive to advance themselves above others. I guess that pretty much defines a liberal.

Now I’ll sit back and cling to my beliefs and guns. It’s kept me, my family and friends alive and well just fine.

Posted May 12, 2013 at 11:47 am |

If a Liberal is so-called “…highly educated…”, say with a PhD in Sociology, Gender Studies, Education, Global Warming, etc. , etc. ——all which excluded a *single* class in History, is that not a superb example of *Bootleg Whiskey in a Brandname Bottle*?? (…JFC, I doubt these PhDs could pass a high school final exam taken from the late 18th or early 19th century schools…)

10. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 4:30 pm |

There is so much in-breeding between the White House and the MSM, that when I watch the Evening News, I hear banjo music.

(not my quote, but I wish it was)

11. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm |

Mumblix: You mean like this?

12. SnowDancer Yatalli
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 6:52 pm |

weeeellllllllll shazam! That was beautiful….beautiful…

13. CAPT Mike
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm |

My brother got a BA in English, then started on a PhD at the University of Chicago . . . transferred to the School of Divinity (better grants in aid, and no trace of religion; he’s an athiest).
    Had to drop out due to insufficient funds, and wound up writing software documentation for years, until the geeks figured out how to write self documenting software, and create easier to use menus . . .
    Around the age of 50 he completed Law School at Seattle University, and eventually passed the bar.
    >>> and he is a genuine Liberal Redneck

Best Regards,

14. ZZMike
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm |

Jess (#1): ” It’s the same irrational thinking that tells an alcoholic that “it’s only one drink.”

For the liberal in government, it’s only one more tax.

15. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted May 13, 2013 at 7:26 am |

I object to his definition of the word “Redneck.” It’s a Prog definition demonstrating lack of historical information or even personal interaction.

Rednecks, so named because hard work in the hot sun creates a red neck in the pale-skinned of Scottish or Irish descent, do [generally] believe in the classic, time-tested Values — those usually termed “reactionary” by the Progs. In fact, they were flexible and brave enough to cross the ocean on a promise of better economic opportunities and Individual Freedom.

Though I do understand that he chose that term simply to piss off the Proggies — and garner hits and personal recognition…

Otherwise, pretty damn good piece.

16. Windy Wilson
    Posted May 16, 2013 at 2:43 pm |

“Pardon him … he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.”

– George Bernard Shaw, “Caesar and Cleopatra” — Caesar, Act II.

Jess (#1) and ZzMike(#14): ” It’s the same irrational thinking that tells an alcoholic that “it’s only one drink.”

“For the liberal in government, it’s only one more tax.”
    The two specific irrationalities seem to go together — Prohibition is said to have failed, yet the new prohibition is directed at cigarettes, which are not implicated in auto accidents (or second hand smoke).