I.R.Stazi

Just added a brand spankin’ new Rope n’ Chains archive wiki.
(Somebody stop me, before I wiki again!)

Posted May 19, 2013 at 10:45 am |

Oweee! Bullseye!

2. JoeBandMember ≠
    Posted May 19, 2013 at 12:13 pm |

Or how Margaret Sanger lobbied for abortion with the intent of reducing the black population.

3. Posted May 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm |

Shamelessly stolen!

I expect you saw Stilton’s cartoon last Monday?

It’s the only way to be sure!

4. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted May 19, 2013 at 1:49 pm |

^ Oh, yes … stolen shamelessly, publicly, and with admiration.
    As you’ll notice at the top of every R&C, Stilton gets inspirational credit.
    He’s the master of the three-panel cartoon.
    It looked like so much fun, I thought I’d try my humble hand at it, too.
    The format’s pretty easy:
    straight-man’s setup, pithy comment, snide/ironic kibitz
    (aka lob, set, spike).

5. Recluse
    Posted May 19, 2013 at 5:33 pm |

Since you have mentioned the Klan:

Those 501 questionaires bear the corrupt stench of Literacy Tests. Same evil, different victims.

6. Posted May 19, 2013 at 5:45 pm |

Apparently, all of the KKK-Democrats deserted to the Republican party in the 1960s and ’70s. That’s what a “friend” on facebook told me. Conservatives are all racists, and so that’s where the racists went. At least, that’s the meme.

7. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted May 19, 2013 at 7:19 pm |

^ Karl,
    You’ll find that a few Dems saw the light, disavowed their earlier support for segregation, and defected to the GOP.
    The other ones remained Democrats.

8. Posted May 20, 2013 at 3:20 am |

DougM, you do a fine job with the ol’ 3-panel set up. And the thought of a politicized IRS making my health decisions scares the hell out of me.

9. kevino
    Posted May 20, 2013 at 6:33 am |

That’s a little unfair. The ACA gives the Dept of Health and Human Services (HHS) the power to create and run the Death Panels. Of course, HHS may be even more partisan than the IRS, with complete access to all of the medical records in the country, but it’s still a different organization.

That’s the joy of the ACA: lots of power to spread around to multiple out-of-control agencies run by corrupt and stupid people.

10. mojo
    Posted May 20, 2013 at 9:25 am |

Tried to sign up, got told my name is in use.

“mojo19 is available.”

I dunno – 18 other mojo’s seems excessive, even to me…

11. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted May 20, 2013 at 10:10 am |

^ Yeah,
    an’ some of ‘em prob’ly don’t even have mojo.

Stilton (8)
    That reminds me of this old one:

12. Freddie Sykes
    Posted May 20, 2013 at 5:19 pm |

#6, Why would racist Democrats turn to the Republicans? After all, a larger percentage of Republicans in both in the House and the Senate voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act than Democrats. And why did the KKK Keagle Robert Byrd stay with the Democrats until his death?

And never forget that in 1924, the majority of delegates to the Democrat National Convention in NYC voted to maintain a close relationship with the KKK.