tonight’s whiney ad nauseum news item …

… and why these jackasses aren’t serious.

~ made with my favorite First-World Problems meme generator ~

It ain’t the issue, itself, it’s the perpetually wounded self-righteous kiss-my-chic-cause’s-ass ego-victimology lookeemee posturing that sucks the oxygen out of the air around any sympathy I might feel.
An’ who the samhill says businesses hafta deal with individuals they don’t like, anyhows?

Finish your assignment! »
The free market says, “Hey, over here! I’ll take your business. You’re welcome.”
(What? Oh, okay.)
/whine

Updated the punchline in the original graphic to clarify the nature of the snark.

rickn8or comment (8)

Merovign comment (12)

TUA comment (21)

1. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 4:52 pm |

“Hi, were lesbians…gay as hell! Look, look! We’re making out right here in the middle of the store!!!!!! We demand a cake for our bag fat GAY wedding!”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Really? Forget it.”

(Leaves and gets back in the Subaru)

“What’s the next bakery in the phone book”?

2. Jess
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm |

A smart Christian baker would refuse to make a single wedding cake. Two is required and the parties involved can move the figures on top to any cake they want.

3. JoeBandMember ≠
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 5:00 pm |

What they have always wanted is to silence and or punish anyone who disagrees. Now they have front organizations just fapping over suing anyone who doesn’t think the same way they do.

NOW who’s the “bullies” ???

Posted June 7, 2013 at 5:54 pm |

Is there a recipe for a gay cake?

Posted June 7, 2013 at 5:58 pm |

Geebuss, if their panties weren`t in such a twist, they could get a regular wedding cake in one place and buy a female lil doll in another!

But Nooooooo, they haf to make a fuss & find out some peeps ain`t okay with their same-sex marriage. Big fucking deal, bush bumpers, jist use yewr branes iz all it takes to have the trappings of a conventional marriage. If you insist that everyONE accept your lifestyle, yew are askin fer it, yes?

6. Buzz
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm |

Pure capitalism is a beautiful thing.
    In foreign countries, I’ve been told flat out I wasn’t welcome in certain restaurants or bars.
    No problem, there’s a place down the street more than happy to take my money. So long!

7. PeggyU
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 6:49 pm |

I don’t know why, but I have the feeling that those “marriages” which start out by using the wedding to make a political statement are doomed to end in divorce.

8. rickn8or
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 7:06 pm |

Not Thinking Things All the Way Through Department:

“We DEMAND you make our wedding cake in spite of your religious beliefs!”

“Ohh-kay. (You probably won’t like the taste of it though…)”

9. Posted June 7, 2013 at 7:22 pm |

That’s fucking AWESOME. Thank you!

10. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 7:38 pm |

rickn8or (8)
    *heheee*
    Totally missed the “don’t dis the chef/waiter, or they’ll spit in your food” joke.
    Can depend on you guys to squeeze every drop of fun out of a post.

11. rickn8or
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 8:19 pm |

DougM, yah, former Navy types know there are some people that wield power far outside their paygrade: Disbursing Clerks, Hospital Corpsmen, (for aviators) Parachute Riggers, etc. but always, ALWAYS Mess Cooks.

Throughout the services, the name of the job might change, but the nature of the retaliation remains the same.

12. Merovign
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 5:01 am |

They should have asked at a Muslim bakery.

Posted June 8, 2013 at 7:58 am |

More termites gnawing at the foundations of the country instead of supporting business that support their ‘diversity’ .

It would be fabulous if they would instead start their own organization or business to prove the superiority of their cause.

14. JoeBandMember ≠
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 8:24 am |

Here in WA it was the State AG that started the lawsuit.

15. TomR,armed in Texas
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 9:26 am |

Remember back in the 50′s and 60′s a sign that was in most establishments, especially restaurants. “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone”. Like I say, the good ol’ days before The Constitution became an ambiguous debating point.

16. Darrell
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 9:32 am |

In your comments remember that Progressives DON’T want the Free Market to exist. They want a centrally-planned market that moves in lockstep with their philosophy.

Posted June 8, 2013 at 9:54 am |

^^^^ you couldn’t have said it better Mr. Darrel^^^^

18. Darrell
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 11:11 am |

Thanks geezerette!

Although “They was” should be “they want” in the above comment. I am using a small monitor, so I don’t always see the detail.
    (fixed, you’re welcome, no charge — dm)

19. MikeG
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm |

In 17 years of business looking after yard apes we have not had the situation of “Heather has two Mommies” yet. It may come up someday. When it does, their money spends the same as the rest of the folks. Being an evil capitalist, I would not turn them down. However…..Do NOT expect me to approve of your marriage. I will not pretend to endorse it and should anyone ask, I will refer to them as Mary and her friend, Barb. Not wife, husband, etc. Assuming one is the biological mother, the other will always be “friend,” room-mate” etc. if the other kids ask. You will not make it MY job to indoctrinate children.

Time in Minnesota is coming where I may have to refuse to take in kids, not because of who they or the parents are, but how they pay my fee. Legislature recently approved AFSCME to hold a vote to unionize private childcare businesses. Should that vote go through, the only way I can see them collecting dues from me is through payments I get from state assisted families. I don’t want to cut loose any of the families we serve now that get state aid. Never have in the past. (Financial reasons won’t allow it.) I will have to replace them as soon as possible with people who pay their own bill, rather than pay union dues to *spit* AFSCME, and refuse people on assistance in the future.

Some will say, I am not allowed to do that. I aim to misbehave.

20. CAPT Mike
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 8:42 pm |

The caption on that last photo was brilliant Doug!

Hat tip to rick from the local bubblehead.

21. The Ugly American
    Posted June 9, 2013 at 12:26 am |

Bake it yerself sweetheart.

And make me a sammich while yer at it…

22. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)