awfercyinoutloud

Seeking a provisional arrest warrant for Snowden, the US government submitted documents referring to Edward James Snowden …. In another document it just used his middle initial. According to his passport, however, Snowden’s middle name is actually Joseph.

According to multiple reports, it was in large part Beijing’s decision to let Snowden leave Hong Kong. But at the very least the US middle-name mix-up provides Hong Kong with a solid diplomatic excuse. [more]

There aren’t enough face-palm graphics in the World to illustrate my reaction to this …

… so I'll go with one face palm that goes on forever (BTF): »

I’m thinkin’ this was entirely too incompetent to explain by mere incompetence.
[insert conspiracy theory here]

1. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:22 am |

Just wait until they’re in charge of your rectal exams…………..

Or your pap smears.

2. Just Sayin
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:48 am |

It is as if they government has no idea what it is doing and no idea what to do with the information that it has.

“Mistakes were made.”

3. Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:48 am |

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. But do not rule out malice.” ~ variously attributed to a Mr. Hanlon and Robert A Heinlein

Maybe Heinlein added the second sentence. It would be in-character.

4. mojo
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm |

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

5. Caged Insanity
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 1:01 pm |

Sondra: if you’re lucky, you’ll get someone who knows the difference between the two.

Mojo: I believe the opposite in the case of our government. Never attribute to stupidity what can be adequately explained by evil.

Posted June 26, 2013 at 2:13 pm |

^^^ I’m with you^^ Caged Insanity—- how far up does the shit have to be piled before anyone smells it? He’s a great guy he just in above his head————Give me a break—– He/they know exactly what they are doing and it’s working so good it won’t take them Four More Years– this country will be under the pile by the end of the year.

7. rickn8or
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm |

Just wait until they’re in charge of your rectal exams…………..

Or your pap smears.

Never mind HeadMissy and similar; it’s us guys that need to start sweating!

And I love how Pootie (waving the SuperBowl ringed’ hand?) has told Øbama to go piss up a rope re: Snowden.

Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm |

With EFD written on the back of your hand. I been thinkin’ we might as well just give up ’cause there ain’t no one gives a shit.

9. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:18 pm |

Somehow, I don’t think they’re gonna enJOY giving DougM his pap smears….

Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:35 pm |

Thanks to affirmative action and the NEA, we have government at every level riddled with stupidity, ignorance, apathy and employees with an arrogant sense of entitlement that bristle when questioned on their shoddy performance. The smae diseae permeates private business as well, but to a much lesser extent.
    I used to watch the employees at a large Social Security office behind my brother-in-law’s business take their hour or more breaks outside the back door, and I’ll tell ya, I think that’s where the Walmartians first started breeding.

11. Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:07 pm |

Edward James Olmos had no comment.

12. ZZMike
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 7:48 pm |

That’s our gummint – right on top of everything.

13. CAPT Mike
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:48 pm |

in this administration, incompetence (stupidity and/or foolishness) is already so manifestly obvious that it’s own minions have chosen to admit that incompetence in order to obscure the worse charge of malice.
    I’m not buying . . .

Best Regards,

14. Merovign
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:30 pm |

I don’t think he’s a whistleblower, I think he’s a squirrel.

This news does not really dispel that thought for me.

15. Jimmy don\'t play that
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:42 am |

Speaking of governmental brilliance (off topic except for the possible “Honorable Mention” in the awards category):
    On page 1,557 of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act, S. 744, under Section 3707, “Reform of Passport, Visa and Immigration Fraud Offenses,” I see that one can legally counterfeit up to 2 passports per 3 year period. What a boon! I’m sure many people will take advantage of this. Like VP Biden says about minimum wage hikes, it’ll be like getting a year’s worth of groceries for free! Oh, wait, wait… yes, I see now – that income opportunity is only for ILLEGAL ALIENS, isn’t it? Just one more job that Americans won’t do. (link goes to CNSnews.com)

16. Jimmy don\'t play that
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:48 am |

Did I say ILLEGAL ALIENS? oopsie! Because hoomans are not aliens, dontchano, and being hooman isn’t illegal. I read it on a bumper sticker!

I meant to say CRIMINAL TRESPASSERS.

I did send the text of my comment (above) to my Senators, for what that is worth. I know, Baucus & Tester… a pair of living testimonials to the collective IQ in MT.

17. ZZMike
    Posted June 29, 2013 at 6:22 pm |

There’s more to the Snowden fiasco than meets the eye. He didn’t get from behind an NSA desk to the Moscow airport without a little help from his friends (or someone). Think of all the steps, all the airplane rides, the stay at the Hong Kong hotel that isn’t exactly a Motel 6, the trip to Russia…..

All that costs not only money, but a lot of palms that needed to be greased, a lot of “look the other way” people……

Could that all be just dumb luck?