it’s not Nast*, but what the heck

Finish your assignment! »
Hey, whaddaya expect?
I only spent 10-min on it, ’cause I had to take a pee really badly.

_____________
* Thomas Nast: the editorial cartoonist who invented the Republican elephant, among other things

1. mike
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm |

It’s PERFECT! I like it real good.

I like the fact the bison has been around longer than our political parties and is still here upsetting civilization.

I like the fact that they’ve taken a lickin and kept on tickin.

I like the fact they represent continuity with our forefathers, including the founders and are still here to remind us of that continuum.

I like the fact that “The bison’s temperament is often unpredictable. They usually appear peaceful, unconcerned, even lazy, yet they may attack anything, often without warning or apparent reason.” (Wikipedia)

In my best Paul Harvey imitation, “God Bless the Buffalo”

2. Fawkes News
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 3:28 pm |

Vichy Republicans are not our allies. They are Collaborators.

3. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 3:56 pm |

mike ^^
    An’ when they shed, they’re really, really … unkempt.

4. Fawkes News
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 4:40 pm |

“They usually appear peaceful, unconcerned, even lazy, yet they may attack anything, often without warning or apparent reason.”

Hmm… sounds like a Progressive.

5. Stick
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm |

If you are more afraid of push polls than the loss of freedom, you might be @GOP.

6. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 5:31 pm |

Fawkes ( 4 )… they’re just standing their ground and it just SEEMS that way to them because progs are passive/aggressive.

TEA Partiers ARE wacko-Bisons yannow.

7. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 6:47 pm |

Can’t wait for the bison-tennial.
    (sorry)

8. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 6:58 pm |

^ :D

Posted October 14, 2013 at 7:16 pm |

Not Nast but kinda Nast-y?

10. mike
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 8:18 pm |

Bison-tennial!

That there is funny I don’t care who ya are! Good ‘un, Doug. And I’m sure I don’t want to be around when they shed.

Fawkes 4…I’d rather think of the description of bison habits as we might relate them to us rabid Tea Partiers as surreptitiously blending into the populace so as to obtain the element of surprise. Or maybe I’m just getting carried away – I just love the photo of the bison knocking over something Obama put up. It’s more than most of us have done and maybe I’m jealous.

This is a single picture summary of my opinion:

11. mike
    Posted October 15, 2013 at 7:01 am |

correction to above…us RABID Tea Partiers, not rapid. [FIFY — dm]

Dunno about you guys n gals but ain’t nothing rapid about me these days.

Too quick to anger, probably, but that’s it.

12. Paladin
    Posted October 15, 2013 at 9:53 am |

Just don’t call it a buffalo.

“So slowly I turned and I hit him and I bit him
    And I rocked him and I socked him
    And I knocked him to the floor.
    With a bump and a clump, and a lump and a thump
    I gave that guy what for.
    And man when I was finished, he must have
    known by then, to never, no never say Buffalo again.”

13. DougM (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ)
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm |

mech (9)
    Dammit !!!!!!!!
    Too late to steal that, now.

(What? No, I’m not gonna use bison-TEA-nial.)