he-man-she-woman liberal haterz club

In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.

A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.

Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.

The application has been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.

Friends of Abe — the name refers to Abraham Lincoln — has strongly discouraged the naming of its members. That policy even prohibits the use of cameras at group events, to avoid the unwilling identification of all but a few associates.

Friends of Abe began about nine years ago as little more than an email chain linking conservative stars, filmmakers and other Hollywood figures who were generally reluctant to openly discuss their views. The name is a take on Friends of Bill, the circle of loyalists who have adhered to Bill Clinton over the years.

This ‘report’ contains more inaccuracies than Wendy Davis’s bio.

Not to mention the reporters idiotic assumption that Friends of Bill = Friends of Bill Clinton. Had a really good laugh over that one.

In the age of social media, where nearly every person feels the need to continuously overshare, FOA has managed to achieve the near impossible……………. PRIVACY

And of course, that irks the shit out of progressives who created (and make gobs & gobs of money from ) this nightmarish Brave New Facebook World, which they are now suddenly hating on because… FREE MARKET CAPITALISM BAD

Fox News contributor, Richard Grenell, sums it up nicely in his tweet…

1. Fawkes News (отказник)
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 6:03 am |

The IRS will “leak” the members’ names to Media Matters faster than you can say Joe Stalin.

2. The Ugly American
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 6:52 am |

They can’t leak what they don’t have.

Trust me …..not gonna happen.

Posted January 25, 2014 at 8:08 am |

Gonna be pissed when they find out it is “Friends of Abe Smif”.

4. DougM (Bison Party)
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 8:11 am |

^ Friends of Abe Normal

The Big Chill
    They don’t have to actually “out” anybody or convict anybody or send anybody to debtor’s prison in any of these related maneuvers — the fear of exposure or lawyer-ruptcy will do nicely to deter/warn-off most folks.

5. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 8:44 am |

Why in hell do a bunch of Hollywood movers and shakers need tax-exempt status anyway?

They want to act in a coordinated manner in politics? So take the advice I got on another discussion group and that is to NOT go for tax-exempt status. Become a “company” and show little or no profit. Become a “media outlet” and spend all income as “publications”, billboard advertisements, or “commercials” on TV and radio. No profit means no taxes. And special category means no special rules. And setting up a company is far less expensive, even in Californicate.

The only drawback is the inability to issue tax receipts for “donations”. But the people you want on your side won’t care.

Do that, and you can tell the IRS to go take a flying fuck.

In other words, don’t play by their rules. Never play by their rules.

(Which reminds me, if these guys are in Hollywood, they must have access to cameras. So record all meetings with the revenooers – for historical purposes,of course. And if they object, piss on ‘em. Again, never play by their rules.)

6. Abernathy Cranston III
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 11:28 am |

Don’t worry, San Francisco. They’ll all be gone when this mini tech boom goes bust. Then you’ll be sad.

Also, I agree with Lord of the Fleas. Don’t bother working within the system because the system will screw you.

7. Abernathy Cranston III
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 11:55 am |

Spanky=TUA

8. Mike(AZ)
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:50 pm |

As I have said before and will probably say again: “Never give up! Never give in!”

If “we” allow “them” to write the rules and set the boundaries, we are going to lose every time; every debate, every election, every battle, either with words or weapons.

When the Russians decided to write the rules at Stalingrad, they chased the Nazis all the way back to Berlin. When the North Vietnamese decided to re-write the rules in South East Asia, they beat the tar out of the French, and then the U.S.of A. When the Taliban decided to re-write the rules, they kicked the Soviets out of their corner of the world and seem to be doing pretty much the same thing with us, at such a terrible cost.

I see the time fast approaching when common people like you and I will be called to either stand against the tyranny which we see growing in Washington, D.C., or to kneel before the false god the Obamanites are offering us: “free” medical care, “free” gummint handouts, “free” welfare, “free” unemployment bennies.

Why, oh please God tell me, WHY are so many of my fellow citizens so blind as to NOT see that NOTHING is ever FREE? You may take these “prizes” that your Government is offering, but you will pay with your freedoms, with your liberty, and quite possibly, with your lives!

Resist! And die if you must! NEVER give up! NEVER giver in!

9. Mike(AZ)
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:52 pm |

Sorry… was I a little “over the top” with that last post?

10. rickn8or
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 1:26 pm |

Mike, I don’t think it was over the top; I think the time for re-writing the rules is scary-close.

One of the current memes is that “Obama is trying to provoke an ‘incident so he can declare martial law and make himself king for life.” Like the old saw, “be careful what you wish for”, because I believe Obama and his cohorts have seriously misunderestimated how the hard American people will react when they react.

There’s a “correction” coming and it won’t be pretty.

11. DougM (Bison Party)
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 2:07 pm |

mike (8)
    If by ” When the North Vietnamese decided to re-write the rules in South East Asia, they beat the tar out of the French, and then the U.S.of A.” you mean:
    After the VC were defeated in TET and the NVA abandoned dependence on unconventional warfare only to be expelled from South Viet Nam and forced to sign a peace treaty, then after US forces left, violated that treaty and re-invaded the South for a third time when the US Congress abandoned and betrayed them, then yeah.

12. Mike(AZ)
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 2:19 pm |

Doug (11)
    That was my war and the best I remember is that there may have been a semblance of peace, but there certainly was no honor. We got our POW’s back, and I guess in the long run that was a good thing, but we got whupped because we allowed the politicians to decide the end of that war and not the soldiers.

13. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 2:24 pm |

Mike (AZ)…no.

14. JoeBandMember ≠
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 6:49 pm |

There IS a correction coming.

How ugly it gets is going to depemd on whether the nation charts a new course in the next election.

If God is willing to let is all go on even THAT long.

15. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 7:32 pm |

Yanno, it may be time to consider forgoing the usual tax dodge of an organized 501-type group in favor of the free-for-all [yeah. I said it.] of a less *formally organized* methodology.

Whaddya need tax-free for anyway — just a big target on ya. People sitting around their kitchen tables can say and write and mail anything they want to to anyone else.

oh. Lord of the Fleas beat me to it — only much better.

Mike(AZ) @9 — No Sir. In fact, might be a little too subtle to do the job.

16. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 7:41 pm |

” Friends of Obama “…

17. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 7:44 pm |

Claire…it takes me awhile to gather my wits on this subject because it’s kinda most terrifying to me….so while trying to calm down I was thinking yea, what you’s guys said but it’s kinda about the huge disadvantage if you’re not a “Friend of Obama “.

It’s all about the targeting and level of scrutiny…….

18. bocopro
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 6:35 am |

Colonel :

In case you’ve never seen the Naval Air Museum in P’cola, here’s a clip you’ll enjoy. Complete and detailed replica of the Cubi O Club with plaques and helmets and all.

Strip the cafe extension and go to the home site and you can take a virtual tour of the museum. All my grandsons really enjoy going there . . . every time they’re in town, they wanna go back.

First time I saw the Cubi O Club was in 63 when my DivOff took me there for lunch one day. Last time I saw it was in ’75 after I got my own gold chipstrap, so a lot changed ‘tween then and Pinatubo.

Posted January 26, 2014 at 9:34 pm |

Bocopro,
    I prolly spent 5 two week deployments at NAS Cubi Point. Dumped a barrel of ice on the Station XO from the roof down to the hatch out the Oclub back door, by the cockpit rig they had set up, where most of us had a hook skip and hit the water. I was a major at the time, which meant I had no idea about Naval ranks………
    Semper Fi,