landslide pre-shock

This is the big one!
I’m comin’ Elizabeth.

I interpret this as a pissed-off civilized society’s version of torches and pitchforks.

Republican businessman Scott Wagner dealt a stunning blow to both Democrats and Republicans in Pennsylvania by becoming the first person ever to win a state Senate seat as a write-in candidate. Many are now wondering if the election has some national implications for the national 2014 midterm elections.

The tea party candidate defeated both of his party-endorsed opponents, Republican Ron Miller and Democrat Linda Small. He received 48 percent of the vote to Small’s 26 percent and Miller’s 27 percent. In other words, it wasn’t even close. [story]

Sure, there were special factors in play;
but, in the words of Joe Biden, “This is a big, f**kin’ deal.”

My reaction? (BTF): »

1. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted March 19, 2014 at 8:23 pm |

Fred Sanford’s riding flying monkeys outta my butt!
    WTH is going on today????????

2. Leonard Jones
    Posted March 19, 2014 at 8:53 pm |

There was that scene from the Terminator where Sarah
    Conner says “There is a storm coming.”

3. DougM (Bison Party)
    Posted March 19, 2014 at 8:54 pm |

^ Turns out she warn’t the only one said that.

Missy (1) *hehee*
    Yeah, I deleted the second part of my post that duplicated one of yours. It’s just that me ol’ NC is goin’ round and round with the DOJ on the voter-ID thing, too. Just wanted to jump on it, but reckon monkeys jumpin’ out’a your butt works, too.
    GMTA

(What? Yeah, yeah, I know. Double-check the site before posting. Won’t I ever learn?)

Posted March 19, 2014 at 9:28 pm |

Not all storms are bad if you are prepared.

Posted March 19, 2014 at 11:18 pm |

So does this lightning bolt augur a storm that will wash the halls of power clean fall? Dem and incumbent blood on the Capitol steps?
    Hmmm, hope so.

6. Fawkes News (Blacklisted and Loving It)
    Posted March 20, 2014 at 4:49 am |

I wouldn’t get excited yet. Voter turnout was only 14%. Still…

7. logdogsmith
    Posted March 20, 2014 at 5:06 am |

I’m no mafmatision, but 48, 26, and 27 equal 101.

Posted March 20, 2014 at 6:00 am |

I’m no mafmatision, but 48, 26, and 27 equal 101.
    The Dem had 142% turnout.

Posted March 20, 2014 at 6:23 am |

The main take away here is:
    A Republican candidate AND a Democrat candidate were beaten by a TEA PARTY WRITE-IN candidate!!!!!!!

According to the mfcsmedia this ain`t possible, because they all say the Tea Party is dead.
    {…snick, snick, guffaw—”Dream on Teenage Queens”…}

10. Posted March 20, 2014 at 8:00 am |

I’m used to getting inumdated w/ election materials (when I lived in Ca), but here in Pa, I had to ask about the election I’d heard about. The only way I even knew about it was from Sen. Wagner’s materials that came in the mail. I saw little to nothing from the other candidates here in York county.

Suspect that may have had something to do with it.

11. Paul Moore
    Posted March 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm |

In our local elections, a big family and a lot of friends constitute a voting bloc. I would say this one was statistically significant.

12. Posted March 20, 2014 at 4:41 pm |

As they used to put up on the screen when Johnny Carson went to break –
    More to Come