ah! ha ha hah

I think the $200 two-ounce pour of Pappy Van Winkle is the perfect bourbon to sip on whilst discussing the evils of inequality….

1. Fawkes News (Blacklisted and Loving It)
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm |

Ah, but you see, they’re entitled to an opulent lifestyle because they didn’t exploit the 99% to squeeze sinister profits out of the poor. Plus, pointing out the Evils of Society™ is hard work that deserves handsome compensation.

/sarc

2. ZZMike
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 12:59 pm |

I never heard of Pappy Van Winkle. I woulda thought he was a saturday-morning cartoon character.

There’s a liquor cabinet in the Costco near us. It has a few bottles of rare whiskys, running around $3500/bottle. (To make up for the expense, they come in a really fancy bottle and case.)

The really disturbing thing on that menu is “Yamazaki 18Y(Japan)” – a mere $55/shot. Would anybody in their right mind drink Japanese whisky? It’d be like drinking Budweiser sake.

3. Nomen Nescio
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 1:17 pm |

Have a few too many of them and that would be some expensive puke. Just sayin.

4. Mojo
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 1:24 pm |

Suntory makes some decent bourbon, Mike. Never heard of Yamawhatsitsname before, though. Maybe they keep it quiet.

Yeah, College Marxists. Whadaya gonna do? Can’t fix stupid.

5. DougM (Bison Party)
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 1:35 pm |

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in years of whiskey and wine tasting, it’s that the high-end stuff is lost on me. A premium label from a common brand is at least 95% there.

Yeah, I’d love to have a vintage Ferrari V-12 roadster, too;
    but I can give myself a pretty satisfactory grin by driving me ol’ ’74 Triumph TR6.

Back to the topic at hand:
    It must be nice to be in the top 1% of hypocrites.

I’ll take these jackasses seriously when they actually live the lives they preach to the peasants. They know they’re spoutin’ BS.

Man, all’s I can say is that success guilt must be a terrible thing — you know, to have to assuage it by slandering your own personal character that way.

Posted April 30, 2014 at 2:10 pm |

^^NN …too many of them and that would be some expensive puke.
    Being hard core Proggies, wouldn’t they recycle?

7. Toadold
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 4:53 pm |

I can’t find it (senior moment) but I read about a blind tasting of various vodkas. Apparently the cheapest vodka tasted as good as the expensive stuff.

I salute anybody who can keep an old Brit sports car running. Whitworth wrenches, Lucas electrical’s, and seals by way of reprocessed copies of the London Times (quick hand me the string and the tube of silicone). Slide valve carbs, (Quick get me the adapter for the Jap carbs) or a really good independent mechanic.

8. DougM (Bison Party)
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 5:11 pm |

^ Man, you’re talkin’ the olde days.
    After WWII, they needed the American market, so Whitworth &al went by the wayside. Okay, there’s still Lucas, yeah; but you can get modern replacements for all the Prince of Darkness’ stuff.
    Yeah, the 2.5L six in the TR6 still looks like its paternal tractor engine, but it sounds marvelous.
    Hey, it made it from here in NC to Seattle, LA, TX and back a couple’a years ago.

Posted April 30, 2014 at 6:32 pm |

^ Shoot, Doug, the marvel is that you made it back, pissin’ on statues and stuff.

10. Buzz
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 7:50 pm |

I’ve had Yamazaki, but I wasn’t paying.
    Coincidentally, it was provided by a fella of the name Yamazaki.
    There was also much food to be eaten and female “intimate conversation” for the willing.

Posted April 30, 2014 at 8:25 pm |

^4 yeah, Suntory just bought Jim Beam. Maybe helps on the curve.

Doug, you forgot a cigar in New Mexico. . .

12. rickn8or
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:25 pm |

d,nqdwg, that’s his hobby.

And Maker’s Mark but no Jack Daniels of any kind? What a fucking dump…

13. mojo
    Posted May 1, 2014 at 8:03 am |

JD is for people who dont understand Bourbon.

14. DougM (Bison Party)
    Posted May 1, 2014 at 9:39 am |

^11 mech
    Yeahman! Thanks for that!
    Sorry it was such a whistle-stop, but I had a lunch date in Austin.

Posted May 1, 2014 at 1:39 pm |

Yeah, but the lunch was with MoonBeam Brown, who is shopping for a one-roof, two-apartment rental!!!!!!! In Austin??????

Posted May 1, 2014 at 1:44 pm |

MoonBeam cain`t stop talkin about *NO TAXES* Texas——cept he keeps describing it as “The Republic of Texas!!!!” {…and the Southern most Texas County; he refers too as “Mexico County”????…}