my head is reeling…

Language and “Trigger” Warning

(Reuters)President Barack Obama is loosening restrictions on lobbyists who want to serve on federal advisory boards, a White House official said on Tuesday, a setback to the president’s efforts to tamp down special interest influence in Washington.

*blink*blink blink*

and it looks like my tummy will be unhappy soon, too

Previously:

Hillary!: “‘Don’t do stupid shit’ is not a policy!”

Teh iW∅n, Bitch: “Horseshit.”

Today:

“Secretary Clinton has at every step of the way touted the significant achievements of his presidency, which she is honored to have been part of as his secretary of state. While they’ve had honest differences on some issues, including aspects of the wicked challenge Syria presents, she has explained those differences in her book and at many points since then. Some are now choosing to hype those differences but they do not eclipse their broad agreement on most issues. Like any two friends who have to deal with the public eye, she looks forward to hugging it out when … they see each other tomorrow night.”

I truly cannot tell if Hillary! got the threat word from …Someone/where Of Power OR now, she’s just messin’ wit The Amateur.

1. DougM (paleface™)
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 8:39 am |

Pissin’ contest.
    But without totally pissin’-off Obamadonors.

2. SondraK, asshole
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 8:41 am |

A hug summit!

3. Paladin
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 8:47 am |

Somebody needs a hug.

4. Nomen Nescio
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 9:03 am |

First thing : send pictures. I’ve never actually seen a head reeling.
    Next: “… they don’t eclipse the broad agreement…”. Who talks like that? (done on a phone and I can’t figure out copy / paste on the damn thing. So I might have the exact wording wrong. Sue me.)

Posted August 13, 2014 at 9:07 am |

Everyone of them lying SOBs. They all lie so much they don’t get mad when one of them lies about the other. They know all the ass kissers will believe anything any of them say.

6. DougM (paleface™)
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 9:28 am |

Here’s an interesting take: the breaking of Dem omerta.

Posted August 13, 2014 at 9:29 am |

Wasn’t Captain Bullshit the one who campaigned on “no lobbyists in my administration” and then hired about 190 of them for administration Regime positions after he was elected crowned?
    I’m confused. It’s something like the anti ballistic missile anti missile anti missile anti missile missile.

8. DougM (paleface™)
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 11:12 am |

Stilton

9. staghounds
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 12:11 pm |

“Looks like I picked the wrong day to tamp down special interest influence in Washington.”

10. Ironic in Denver
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 1:07 pm |

dick 7: its kind of like it not being as though any decision he made had anything to do with ISIS overrunning Iraq (and Syria)… or the fact that you are loosing the health plan and doctor that you can keep.

Posted August 13, 2014 at 2:04 pm |

^@Stilton “he absolutely draws a red line at potentially calling his former Secretary of State the “c-word” because, painfully, it was his nickname at Harvard.”

That alone was worth the trip.

12. iD
    Posted August 13, 2014 at 4:50 pm |

At a glance, “hug it out” sounds like “talk it out”, but implies affection, or at least more torso contact.

The phrase, however, has another connotation. Its popularity comes from its use on Entourage. Hillary’s writer deftly left out the crucial word which our minds supply, making her true point.

Yes, she did just call the President a bitch. What I find interesting is the demographic that this particular phrase resonates with. Largely Generation Y.

I’ve dropped the phrase a few times. Not actually hugging people, though. It’s used exactly the way Hillary meant it: a forced amity used to express aggression and dominance. I’ve used it to describe such a situation: “So they’re getting along again? She must’ve been all like ‘Let’s hug it out bitch’.”

Posted August 13, 2014 at 5:11 pm |

Clinton ….touted the significant achievements of his presidency
    Yeah, like whipping her ass in the her primary.

14. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted August 14, 2014 at 6:07 am |

iD @12 — Very interesting. As I don’t get around much in the GenY milieu I’d completely missed that. But it is the age of the children staffing this Admin.

*note to self: get out more. force self when necessary…*

15. PeggyU
    Posted August 14, 2014 at 5:29 pm |

Hope she hugs him so hard his head pops off.

16. Ironic in Denver
    Posted August 14, 2014 at 8:47 pm |

Just a contrarian thought: despite what’s been said, I doubt that The Hill could have a foreign policy very much different from BHO.

In the first place, their ideology isn’t all that different, and only appears so when she is pandering to the heartland of America. Let’s not forget how Ms. Gun Control wanted to tell us back in an election cycle how her daddy taught her to shoot, a story that’s probably about as truthful as the one about her and C. scampering through east european sniper fire.

In the second place, politicians, particularly Democratic ones, are pretty much whores to big donors and party forces that are largely beyond their control; and in the case of the Democrats, the donors & forces in question are bat shit crazy, completely irresponsible, and willfully blind. Yet they are basically dictating party, and, therefore, administration policy.

I think what all this is about is Hill positioning herself to run in 2016 as “a better Democrat” to get back the votes that might have wavered away in the prior eight years of incompetence and folly.

***BUT*** after the election (God help us), she will show exactly the same kind of More Flexibility that BHO does. Even if she wanted to, she couldn’t help herself. She’ll be a prisoner to the people who run Democrats.

What I’ve just said isn’t to suggest that the Clintons and Obamas don’t hate each other, because they surely do.

*******

iD 12: very interesting. I didn’t catch the missing word, but I do believe you have read all that right.

17. Ironic in Denver
    Posted August 14, 2014 at 8:49 pm |

Peggy 15: Ditto, except that I hope she hugs him so hard both their heads pop off.