Islam deniers

Today’s Catch-22

Rick Stengel, an under secretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, posted a curious reaction on Twitter Saturday to reports that the Islamic State had executed Japanese hostage Haruna Yukawa.

Nothing religious about it.” [story]

Because terrorists won’t behead you, if they’re religious terrorists.

Won’t this, like, you know, offend ‘em?

Well, terrorists and Daesh-holes claim to be religious; and I, for one, will take their word for it.
If Muslims ever demand the excommunication (or whatever) of barbarians rather than cheering them on, I’ll reconsider.

(What? Yeah, that also goes for the Administration’s Islamicterrorismophobes*.)
_________
* Those who have an unreasonable fear of calling terrorism Islamic.
AKA: mophos

More Catch-22 fun (BTF): »
Yeah, I’m a pig …
which is why this is appropriate in this post.

1. mike f
    Posted January 25, 2015 at 5:56 pm |

The more history I read the less present I can tolerate.

This ongoing refusal by administration lackeys and the sycophant media to speak the words that deal factually with irrefutable bloodstained reality is part of why.

The whole mess is getting more absurd by the headline. Men with guns and medieval machetes are coming to get us and we’re stuck talking about deflated footballs but certainly not islamic terrorism.

2. Fawkes News (#BarackLiesMatter)
    Posted January 25, 2015 at 6:39 pm |

Well… since the obvious line is still available, I’ll take it.

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.

Posted January 25, 2015 at 6:42 pm |

Stengel was managing editor of Time magazine before he took his present job. Time was a good magazine 50 years ago, but the last time I saw one, it was hardly a pamphlet.

Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs on Tuesdays When It Snows in Miami.
    That ass willl need a whole issue of Time for a business card to get his title in print. I swear that sounds like a make-work job

What we have here is a professional liar being paid to lie and a flaming example of The Peter Principle.

Posted January 25, 2015 at 7:33 pm |

Muslim killers could use a feel of the sharp edge of samurai swords! In their guts!

5. iD
    Posted January 25, 2015 at 7:33 pm |

Whenever I hear these Islamic apologists say that it’s not the true Islam, I think, “Don’t say it to me. Turn around and say it to them. When they start to believe you, I’ll start to believe you.”

But that won’t happen, because the apologists are counting on our ignorance of Islamic scripture. See the Koran, Sura 8:12.

6. JoeBandMember ≠ (that's right, I'm not equal to THAT)
    Posted January 25, 2015 at 7:37 pm |

I have never thought Islam was a religion. They made things up as they went along, tolerate so many many things that The Bible says God abhors, and they have to survive like a crime syndicate with enforcers threatening, and murdering those who disagree in the slightest.

The truly dangerous thing is that their terrorist groups are here in this country, as I write this, waiting for the “go” word from their handlers.

Equally concerning is the Muslims in powerful positions, heavily scattered throughout the enemy regime in DC. Yes, I do believe the Obama regime is the enemy, a clear and present danger to the United States Of America.

The sooner we as Americans wake up to these facts, the better off we will be. They do plan to attack on multiple fronts, and likely sooner than any of us think. The country is truly in peril.

7. ZZMike
    Posted January 25, 2015 at 10:14 pm |

Well, really, there isn’t a religious aspect to chopping sawing people’s heads off. It simply isn’t done. If you do that, you’re not very religious.

(Though a case can be made that certain sects worship the Evil One, who gets a big kick out of his adherents doing naughty things like that.)

mike f: You’re right – the world’s gone mad. At least, some parts of it. Over there, it’s the Jack Nicholson in The Shining kind of moonbat mad. Over here, it’s the Lewis Carroll’s Mad Hatter kind.

iD … or 8:17. It’s sort of downhill from there.

8. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 25, 2015 at 10:17 pm |

^ Well actually, I tend to think that peaceful, tolerant and productive Moslems are likely heretics from their faith, rather than the other way around.

Now on to the good stuff: under secretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs is most certainly a real title representing a real job — it is this person’s job to manage private sexual liaisons for diplomats, and to keep the details out of the press.

It is a position created in the wake of the Columbian Hooker Scandal to make sure that U.S. entourages overseas don’t embarrass us any more, and it covers up bad behavior of foreign diplomats on our shores.

What else could it be?

9. rickn8or
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 12:03 am |

The group’s Arabic name, (DAESH) ad-Dawlah al-Islamiyah fi al-Iraq wash-Sham, doesn’t sound all that secular to me.

The extremist moslem wants to lop off our infidel heads. The moderate moslem wants to see the extremist moslem lop off our infidel heads. Big difference, huh?

Interesting times…

Posted January 26, 2015 at 8:03 am |

#6 JBM Believers of Islam are in every country in the world waiting for the word (go) . Those who don’t believe are NOTHING an infidel so you don’t belong in their Islamic world. There are those who’s “job” it is to rid the world of non believers so as to make it a perfect world.

#7 zzmike We have fallen down the Rabbit hole into Obama’s Wonderland. If Lewis Carrol only knew how true his story would become in this country. There’s even a T party.

Posted January 26, 2015 at 8:18 am |

While there are those who are spending thier time trying to find the proper term to call them they are spending their time planning to aliminate the non believers.

12. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 12:14 pm |

Let’s not forget that there is more than one way to be classified as an infidel.

Method 1: not be a moslem.

Method 2: be a Moslem, but not be as radical and ideologically pure as whatever barbaric unwiped Islamic ass-hole is judging you while reaching for his sword or whatever else he hopes to behead you with.

Method 2 tends to cut down on reasonable Moslems decrying the outrages of less reasonable Muslims.

13. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 12:40 pm |

^ Method 2a:
    Be in the wrong sect of Islam.

14. rickn8or
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 12:50 pm |

IiD, DougM, I’m of two minds when moslems kill other moslems because “they weren’t moslem enough.” I’m all for decreasing the overall moslem count, but still…

I mean, it’s sort of like Missouri Synod and Evangelical Lutherans trading mortar rounds over a point of doctrine. (Although at one time in my sordid past I had a MS ladyfriend that could give you excellent reasons for doing so.)

15. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 1:59 pm |

I do recall how, a few scant centuries ago (I hope), Catholics and Protestants* were busy murdering each other by the boatload, and how miscellaneous non-Catholic sects, not content with what Catholics were happy to do to them, were busy doing it to each other as well.

* Nah, I’m not counting Ireland. In that case, I’d say it was at least as much culture, national allegiance and economics driving the mayhem and calling it religion as the other way around.

16. ZZMike
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 2:55 pm |

Ironic in Denver: Well, yeah… Not only that, but this:

The Albigensian Crusade

The extermination of populations, cities and crops occasioned by the Albigensian Crusade was extensive enough so as to constitute what might be called the first “genocide” in modern European history.

This is where the famous saying originated:

“Kill them all. God will recognize his own.”

The Catholic Encyclopedia (edition of sometime in the 1920s) has this pious comment:

Properly speaking, Albigensianism was not a Christian heresy but an extra-Christian religion. Ecclesiastical authority, after persuasion had failed, adopted a course of severe repression, which led at times to regrettable excess.

That was in 1209. We gave up that sort of thing about 800 years ago. Perhaps Islam will give it up some time in the next 800.

17. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 4:29 pm |

^ That was interesting reading. More education for me; it’s been an informative week.

The modern Catholic Church loves to excuse its past with phrases like “regrettable excess at times.” Although, of course, what’s done is done and can’t be undone, so who knows what to say or do.

I have thought about this subject some, by which I mean that Islam started six centuries later, and “the church” (nor European civilization) wasn’t a very attractive entity 600 years ago either.

Haven’t reached much conclusion except to note that “christian” barbarians back then lacked modern weapons* and other technology, and travel was difficult and took a long time, so the results of their “regrettable excesses” was more limited than might be the case today.

Don’t think the human species, nor even just civilization, can wait 600 years for these Islamic savages to modernize, assuming they ever would. So it seems like drastic measures of some sort are in order. Unless, of course, one wants to join the lunatics running Iran in a plunge to the Final Apocalypse.

* Though of course the weapons they had then were modern at them time. (snark)

18. JoeBandMember ≠ (that's right, I'm not equal to THAT)
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 6:43 pm |

Muslims are unknowing, but very willing, tools of Sa*an.

19. Ironic in Denver
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 7:17 pm |

^ Muslims are servants of wheat gluten?

Oh, that’s spelled seitan. Well it sounded the same when I said it, anyway.

20. Buzz
    Posted January 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm |

Doug:

I think I know that girl!