wedginess

Suggestion for @NBCNightlyNews: when you fire @BWilliams, here’s someone w/ more credibility to replace him. @NBCNews

no one needs to LIE to thank our soldiers

1. Dave
    Posted February 4, 2015 at 9:43 pm |

Williams himself repeated the claim Friday during NBC’s coverage of a public tribute at a New York Rangers hockey game for a retired soldier that had provided ground security for the grounded helicopters. In an interview with Stars and Stripes, he said he had misremembered the events and was sorry.

Misremembered? Is that even a word?
    From now on, with God and The Porch as my witness, I wasn’t drunk, I misremembered.

I never had sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I misremembered it.
    Try telling the IRS you “misremembered” anything.

2. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 4, 2015 at 9:58 pm |

We misunderestimated him.

3. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 4, 2015 at 10:18 pm |

nassssty little man. always thought so.

Posted February 4, 2015 at 10:21 pm |

I guess he wants to be Hillary’s VP. They can swap misremembers about Benghazi and other war stories to each other over lunch.
    I mean..like..you know, I can misunderstand how that happens; after all, I rode with Pershing on the Mexican Punitive Expedition.

5. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted February 4, 2015 at 10:34 pm |

Re: firing Williams – Ed Driscoll at PJMedia quotes Jim Treacher on Twitter:

Please, please, please, @NBCNews, do not fire Brian Williams. He is the face of your organization. He is your poster boy. Own it.

Damn right. And never let the pricks forget it.

6. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 4, 2015 at 10:49 pm |

He even lied about lying.

7. Posted February 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm |

Slick Willie “misorgasmed” on that blue dress, dontchaknow?

And the comparison is entirely apt.

Jim
    Sunk New Dawn
    Galveston, TX

Posted February 5, 2015 at 3:40 am |

Having not watched *radio* for over 20 years, whodafuk is *Lien Williams*?

9. Fawkes News (#BarackLiesMatter)
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 5:22 am |

He was also in Sarajevo with Hillary, dodging sniper fire.

10. geezerettesbrother
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 7:09 am |

If Flanagan is busy, Joe Isuzu is looking for work.

Posted February 5, 2015 at 8:31 am |

The State Department miss leads the libs miss remember but it doesn’t make any difference because it’s either for the children or to protect Americans. The Obama White House blames others for their lies and drives over them with a bus. The only people who lie are evil Republicans who hate children and are greedy war mongers. So there——–and dat’s da truuf .

12. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 9:33 am |

“So there I was. Reporting at Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7 1941. I was interviewing a Navy Captain, when we heard airplane engines off in the distance. Suddenly, swarms of Jap planes were flying over the harbor. Ships began exploding as the Zeros dropped their bombs. The Navy Captain and I exchanged a look and a nod. We broke into a sprint and jumped onto his ship. He began yelling orders to his crew while I got behind the .50 cal machine guns and began shooting. I must have downed at least fifteen enemy planes as we steamed out of the harbor. We had just hit open water as a German U-Boat surfaced. A squad of Nazi frogmen carrying swords leaped aboard ship. I didn’t turn my guns on them lest I hit an innocent American sailor, so I jumped on the deck and began punching the Krauts with the boxing skills I had learned at Yale. I grabbed a sword from a downed German and swung on a rope slashing and stabbing Nazi’s until they retreated back on to the U-Boat and submerged like the cowards they were. “Master Race!” I laughed as they slipped below the surface. The Navy Captain patted me on the shoulder and we went below deck for a drink. Sitting in the galley was a wild-haired man who introduced himself as Albert Einstein. He was working on a math problem. I took a look at it and simplified it to E=mc2. He hugged me and wept with joy. Then I took a napkin and sketched out an idea I had for a nuclear fission bomb. Soon after that I was put in charge of the Manhattan Project, but that’s a story for another day.

I’m Brian Williams reporting.

13. Jess
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 9:43 am |

Well Mumblix, you’ve certainly prevented me from writing something terrible about Brian Williams. Up to this point, I thought he was just another lying sack of shit.

14. Zipser
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 10:14 am |

Hey! That’s the future senator from Connecticut you’re talking about. Remember Dick Blumenthal serving in Vietnam?

15. Ironic in Denver
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 12:03 pm |

Fawkes 9: I guess he wants to be Hillary’s VP.

Well, I think, given his skill set, he’s really vamping for the job of “Scamper-Through-The-Sniper-Fire” Clinton’s White House Press Secretary, in the unhappy event that she’s elected in 2016. (God Forbid.)

16. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 1:31 pm |

Must’a been wearin’ a magic hat.

17. mojo
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 1:41 pm |

Yeah, THAT’S the ticket!

18. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 6, 2015 at 8:01 am |

Tom Brokaw wants Williams’ head on a platter

But what does Dan Rather say?

Posted February 6, 2015 at 10:30 am |

I read all 362 fucking comments on his apology page last night.
    ALL 362 comments were fucking identical. “Fire the lying cocksucker!!!!!” When have you seen 100% comments being IDENTICAL?? Either he is fired or MSNBC is TOAST :))))

20. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 6, 2015 at 10:51 am |

OMG! kiss of career death liar:

Brian Williams is “an honest, decent man, an excellent reporter and anchor–and a brave one,” veteran newsman Dan Rather told POLITICO on Thursday.