Colonel Jerry Cadick update

Apologies all for my lack of communication with regard to my dear Mr. Colonel Jerry, SIR!!!
I have a massive amount of technical responsibilities to address while my heart continues to break in smaller and smaller pieces.
Colonel Jerry was great Marine and patriot but an even better friend to myself and many others. We met through KisP during one of our many troop support endeavors and from that day forward was always one of the biggest and most enthusiastic contributors. Throughout all of this we developed the most unlikely friendship one could imagine. At the moment I cannot bear to talk about let alone think about what a loss his passing will mean to my life.

The point of this post is to share as much of the details I have with regard to his funeral ( just typing that is hard ).
I have been bestowed the honor of this responsibility and my lack of military procedure and protocol acumen has been quite daunting…until the past few days as word has gotten out. I will never be able to thank Doug enough for his handling of these details while I put everything else into perspective and the strangers to me who knew Colonel Jerry have been so helpful with the military procedures. Somehow the word has spread through online military channels and the outpouring of offers to assist and share condolences has been incredible.

All that said, things are beginning to take shape with regard to the actual ceremony and I’ll begin to share more details as they emerge.

It was a pretty unanimous decision to place Jerry to rest in Miramar National Cemetery with full military honors. That much has been decided. As far as we know there is available space. The date is yet to be decided, but my goal is to accommodate as many schedules as I can to allow as many interested folks to attend. This cannot possibly be any sooner than sometime in September. I will post details as soon as they become available.

I can’t thank you all enough for your thoughtfulness, support, love and kindness.

Posted August 11, 2015 at 9:43 am |

We who can’t be there to honor him have been there in spirit. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all those who have been and are there for Colonel Jerry SIR. There is no doubt he knew that in life as he does now.

2. oc
    Posted August 11, 2015 at 10:01 am |

Sondra, please know how much everyone appreciates what you have taken on. God bless you.
    Never having met the man in person, I none the less know him well, through your website.

Has anyone suggested the Patriot Guard Riders to attend?

The day of his funeral I will hoist a glass of bourbon and wish him Semper Fi !!!!

OC

3. MCPO
    Posted August 11, 2015 at 11:43 am |

How kind of you to take on this burden. I’m sure the Colonel is smiling down on you.
    Much love and respect.

4. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted August 11, 2015 at 3:24 pm |

If by “handling” you mean finding people who know what they’re doing, then yeah.

Finalizing arrangements should now be pretty much free of obstacles, thanks to the help of ColJ’s fellow Marines who have, not surprisingly, stepped-up; and some of that help comes all the way from the top.

5. Posted August 11, 2015 at 3:50 pm |

Many hugs and condolences, ma’am.

Respectfully, as I won’t be able to attend, I’d be humbly pleased to know the plot number where he’ll rest, as I will, go and pay homage to his memory, when next I’m on the West Coast.

*slow salute*

Jim
    Sunk New Dawn
    Galveston, TX

6. MCPO
    Posted August 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm |

Mr. DougM – Hopefully, the CACO is stepping up?

7. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted August 11, 2015 at 9:19 pm |

^The Commandant and Vice Commandant of the Marine Corps are……

Posted August 11, 2015 at 10:02 pm |

^Excellent! That ought to move some boulders aside.
    You have some very high horsepower help there. Is there a mising man flyover for Jerry in the works?

9. Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:52 am |

Thanks for picking up the Baton. Col. Jerry, SIR! would be proud. I’ll be watching for the date!

Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:52 am |

Sondra that gave me goose bumps!!!

11. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 5:16 pm |

dick,
    No idea what will be involved, yet.

12. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 3:16 am |

I did get to meet the man, once. and corresponded with him after.
    Remember that Rib Fest, back in ’09?
    Miramar is down my way, so i will be watching this space!

13. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 10:52 am |

ColJ’s funeral will be on 30 September (time TBD)
    at Miramar National Cemetery, just north of San Diego.
    It would have been his Birthday.

We should be able to announce the specifics sometime next week.

14. Posted August 13, 2015 at 10:46 pm |

Please keep us posted. Those of us in the general area can try to make it there.