Lawyers and Insurance companies, Oh My

on Shoulda Called Saul

Connell said she has been unfairly represented and that she was only suing Sean as a ‘formality’ to qualify for a homeowners insurance claim to cover her medical bills.

‘I’m no legal expert but as I understand it, in Connecticut, it’s not possible to name an insurance company in a suit of a homeowners insurance case.

‘An individual has to be named, and in this case, because Sean and I had this fall together, I was informed that Sean had to be named.

Think about that next time ya pay your insurance bill.

I also wonder where this is going: will I have to provide Hold-Harmless forms for my guests to sign when they visit — required by my Insurance Co?
Will I have to sign similar forms when I wander in and out of the little shops in my shopping area?
Starbux?
Safeway?

Has anyone found out how to compare prices on fixing a broken wrist [or any other medical thang]?

Having Other People pay for stuff doesn’t seem to work out so well…

1. Fawkes News (#HipHopHijrah)
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 9:29 am |

On her Homeowner’s Insurance? Nooz Lite keeps telling me Dear Leader gave everybody free health insurance!

2. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 9:39 am |

Suing me?
    May I see a notarized copy of your invitation, please?

3. logdogsmith
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 10:06 am |

Methinks that is called gaming the system.

4. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 10:57 am |

Hmmm….. I wonder if there are any litigative hazards involved in attending Dem political events?

Lots of plaintiff lawyers in the Dem party, who would likely be happy to sue their own mothers, much less their aunts or their party if there were money in it for them.

I could just fall down and cry “I’m hurt and can’t get up.”

A couple of dozen sharks bottom-feeders lawyers would trample their fellow Dems to death (more law suites there?) in an effort to get to me first.

5. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 10:58 am |

^ uh, that’s lawsuits, but whatever.

Posted October 15, 2015 at 1:40 pm |

*Ques up load of lawyer jokes*

7. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 1:48 pm |

^ A lawyer, a Democrat, a sexual predator, a con man, and an influence peddler walk into a bar.

The bar tender says, “Hi Bill, what’ll you have?

8. Paul Moore
    Posted October 15, 2015 at 5:37 pm |

A neighbor’s tree fell across the fence and onto my rental property. The neighbor’s insurance company told him it was my problem. My insurance company agreed that this was true.
    I settled the issue yesterday afternoon with my chainsaw.

9. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan