eat your honey

Eating human beings makes me sick

Men in Saudi Arabia “can eat their wives if they are suffering severe hunger” under a bizarre new fatwa reportedly announced by a religious leader in the country.

Saudi Arabian grand mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah allegedly issued the guidelines to allow a husband to eat his wife’s body parts in extreme circumstances.

The fatwa is interpreted as evidence of the sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband and her desire for the two to become one.” [story]

Punchline*: Hey, a great wife like that — you don’t eat ‘er all at once!

… and just because I looove Bettie Page:

(What? Yeah, when I was a kid, every humor and men’s magazine had at least one cannibal cartoon;
but this here fatwa’s some seriously. sick. shiite.**)
________
* Joke ref
** Yes, I know this jackass is a Sunni, not a Shiite. Just, just go with it, m’kay?
Cultural ref (check out the leading man)

1. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 6:18 pm |

I notice these days that feminists, general purpose leftists, and Islamic religious leaders all seem to be in competition to see who can jump the shark highest for their various constituencies.

Has glow-bull worming (sic) somehow made every radical jackass on earth crazy, or is it that being a radical jackass eventually gets people there without any extra help?

2. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 6:22 pm |

By the way, I am in favor of any post subject that involves an illustrated reference to Bettie Page.

3. Thunderbottom
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 7:07 pm |

Reminds me of that old college joke, “Eatin’ at the ‘Y’.”

Posted October 30, 2015 at 7:10 pm |

Jeez Doug, can’t you find a Bettie Page pic without going to the Baltimore riots files?

Posted October 30, 2015 at 8:32 pm |

^ #PinupLivesMatter

6. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 8:53 pm |

^^ Snarkie, snark, shark!

…..

I’ve got a Bettie Page T-shirt I used to occasionally wear out and about, kuz it was sooooo….. much fun to watch middle aged women trying to look at my chest while pretending that they weren’t.

(No, I’m not kidding. It’s really funny to watch.)

7. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 8:57 pm |

By the way, I think I should receive some credit for not making the obvious double entendre regarding a fatwa that empowers the husband to eat the wife….

8. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 9:41 pm |

^ As a reward,
    I’ll point you toward A Boy and His Dog.
    Yeah, y’gotta watch it all the way to the end.

9. Another Bob
    Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:22 pm |

Ironic #1,
    I’ve noticed that the lefties become even more frantic when they somehow sense their ship is about to sink. Thus, their current extremism gives me some optimism even while it disturbs me. (Another way of saying it is, there is so much poop, there must be pony around here somewhere.)

10. Fawkes News (#HipHopHijrah)
    Posted October 31, 2015 at 4:57 am |

Who are we to judge? It’s just a cultural difference.

(cough)

11. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 31, 2015 at 11:40 am |

^
    They put the explorers in the pot, but I was not an explorer, so I did not care.
    Then they put the missionaries in the pot, but I was not a missionary, so I did not care.
    Then they put Bettie Page in the pot, and, dammit, enough’s enough!
    Cultural differences be damned!

12. Paul Moore
    Posted October 31, 2015 at 2:35 pm |

“Does this pot make my butt look big?”
    -Bettie

13. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 31, 2015 at 2:40 pm |

^ Damn! I thought something like that too.

Mine was: “Whatta y’mean my butt’s too big to get all the way in?”

(Vexing times in pseudo-cannibal land.)

14. Ironic in Denver
    Posted October 31, 2015 at 2:41 pm |

On the other hand, how about this:

“Her ass is soooooo hot!”

15. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted October 31, 2015 at 9:04 pm |

^ In hindsight, I should’a been more specific when I told ‘er to put the stew on.

16. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 1, 2015 at 9:43 am |

^ Haw! But if she was a modern feminist-type woman (or maybe any other kind either) she probably began to stew as soon as you told her to put it on at all.

On the other hand, giving her more specific instructions in cooking would probably not have made things better for you.