today’s wedgie

It all started innocently enough. The ATF, being the loyal apparatchiks that they are, were dutifully posting to their Facebook page (this link is purely for informational purposes) changes to bring their operating policy in line with Obama’s Executive Order issued Monday night….

ATF issues guidance to help the public understand when a federal firearms license is required. Learn more…

As totalitarians often learn, communicating with the proletariat when they can communicate back is… well… problematic

Posted January 6, 2016 at 3:55 pm |

If I’m going to run for the Presidency of the United States of America and be the Commander in Chief of the Military should I have to pass a back ground check or will it be ok if I seal all my records???

2. Posted January 6, 2016 at 4:52 pm |

I thought the link was going to take me to a picture of Benito Mussolini hanging upside down in the town square – my bad.

3. Fawkes News (Barack Lies Matter)
    Posted January 6, 2016 at 5:13 pm |

So, if I’m the Secretary of State, and multiple Americans, including a US Ambassador, die in a terrorist attack while I’m sleeping off a bender, is it OK for me to blame the whole thing on a YouTube video?

4. Brad
    Posted January 6, 2016 at 5:22 pm |

ATF doesn’t really want to hand out a bunch of FFLs. BUT…. Since Dear Leader says I’ve got to have an FFL to sell just one gun at a gun show, I’ve got my application filled out. I don’t see how they can say no. For 200 bucks for three years and 90 bucks renewal fee thereafter, I’m done paying someone else to do my receiving. Guns shipped straight to my front door.

Un. Intended. Consequences.

They are a liberal specialty.

5. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted January 6, 2016 at 6:01 pm |

^ Ironic, since the ATF was very stingy about handing out FFLs.
    They deny apps for back-room operations and demand brick & mortar storefront type of retailers.

Hey, why not go for a Class-3 FFL and deal in Title-2 things (silencers, short-bbl firearms, full-auto, etc.)?

Interesting that the gov’t-chartered Civilian Marksmanship Program will deliver military-grade firearms and ammo right to your door.

The background-check requirements for an FFL, CMP, and CCH license are essentially identical.

A nation of firearms dealers.

6. Another Bob
    Posted January 6, 2016 at 10:53 pm |

I just imagined Ted Cruz saying that during his presidency, ATF would become a convenience store dispensing alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

7. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted January 7, 2016 at 9:28 am |

It’s all fun and games until the IRS audit…

8. rickn8or
    Posted January 7, 2016 at 10:03 am |

Ah, but the block that says “If you’re only going to sell at gun shows, or don’t intend to make a profit, don’t bother sending in the application.”

Catch-22.

Or you could get an 03 (Curio and Relics) FFL, ($30 for three years) and have cosmoline and rust delivered to your door.

9. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 7, 2016 at 10:31 pm |

“get off this page” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bwaaaaaahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahaetc

ATF — Redneck Saturday Tuesday Nite!