State of the Ego speech

Because I didn’t watch it, either

I can sum this one up quickly.

This was Obama’s Al Bundy speech, the lowly shoe salesman desperately trying to get everyone to remember that time he scored four touchdowns in one game.

Er, that is President Obama wanted us to forget most of the last seven years he’s actually been President, and instead remember that time Candidate Obama gave those big speeches everybody loved.

I’d say even by that modest measure, tonight’s speech was worthy of an Al Bundy nap.
[Stephen Green]

_________
Cultural ref

Viewership record.

1. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted January 12, 2016 at 11:56 pm |

I almost watched to count the “I”‘s and “me”‘s but the purple lipped hissssssssssssssing makes me want to stab my eardrums out with an ice pick.
    That and I don’t drink alcohol.

2. Fawkes News (Barack Lies Matter)
    Posted January 13, 2016 at 6:05 am |

There’s not enough alcohol in the world to make one of his speeches palatable.

Posted January 13, 2016 at 8:21 am |

In a pre-speech interview about the speech, a reporter asked about His accomplishments. Captain Benghazi then referred to the great problems of the past ten years (not seven), naming Katrina, the market collapse of 07-08, and the Iraq war.
    IOW, it’s all Bush’s fault.
    I was hoping the interviewer would remind him that He’s had seven years to address those, and all He managed to do was lose the Iraq war, which was already won.
    I expected too much from MSM.

4. MikeG
    Posted January 13, 2016 at 9:14 am |

Was there a speech last night? I didn’t notice. Went to see “The Heart of the Sea” at the cheapy theater. Not as horrible a movie as some of the reviews said. Besides, it was only a buck and a half and closer to reality than anything Barry had to say. I figure Limbaugh will fill me in later today if I missed anything important.

5. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted January 13, 2016 at 9:16 am |

Funny how the empty-chair meme re-emerged:

6. Another Bob
    Posted January 13, 2016 at 9:22 am |

The country’s in the very best of hands.

7. Joe Bandmember ≠ Damn right I'm not equal to that
    Posted January 15, 2016 at 10:37 pm |

I don’t allow that filthy bastard on my TV. Or his tranny “wife” Michael.