ToDaZeD Word of Teh Day

use it in a sentence!

I just learned this word; thought it might be useful to y’all.

Rashomon is a classic Japanese film in which every character has his or her own individual perceptions of a single incident, resulting in a plethora of conflicting eyewitness accounts, each as valid as the others, even though they contradict each other.

I would attribute, but I lost the linky.

[Aside: usta be I could type in a particular phrase to gloooooooogle and the article I’d read would pop up somewhere. Apparently Airic Schmidt decided that might be problematic…]

1. Paladin
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 11:09 am |

The politicians changed their positions so frequently, while emphatically claiming they hadn’t, that I felt I was watching Rashomon, never realizing that it was actually Kabuki theater.

2. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 11:41 am |

Robert Altman’s director’s view. (7min)
    Might serve as a good introduction to a new viewer.

I haven’t seen the film in many decades.
    Prob’ly time to revisit it.

3. conrad6
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 11:42 am |

Link is https://pjmedia.com/zombie/2016/05/09/inside-the-anti-trump-circus/ – I found it with duckduckgo.com search engine with search string “Rashomon is a classic Japanese film” – quotes are part of the search string.

duckduckgo.com works well for me, and helps to prevent google from mining even more of my personal data.

4. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 11:55 am |

conrad6 @3 — ThanQ!

5. ZZMike
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 4:57 pm |

Rashomon doesn’t count as a word, becuz (1) it’s Japanese, and (2) it’s a movie title. We don’t go around casablanking things.

6. Another_Bob
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 5:37 pm |

“… in which every character has his or her own individual perceptions of a single incident, resulting in a plethora of conflicting eyewitness accounts, each as valid as the others, even though they contradict each other.”

Yeah, what they said. Take for example a bank robbery in our town. The security video was a cheap black and white system with coverage gaps, so some activity was missed, and the colors the perp was wearing were ambiguous. The teller who got robbed remembers the perp’s ethnicity and that “he had a big gun pointed at me.” She doesn’t remember the hat or shirt. Other eye witnesses differ on almost every single detail of what happened and what the perp was wearing.

Posted May 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm |

I didn’t think that rashomon would ever go away. It itched like a dog with a thousand fleas, but some gasoline and road tar finally cured it.
    I get my first skin graft tomorrow.

8. Paladin
    Posted May 11, 2016 at 7:23 am |

^Winner^

Edit:
    This comment was too short.

Penis.

9. staghounds
    Posted May 13, 2016 at 6:39 am |

ZZMike, are you gaslighting me?