ToDaZeD yet another oppressed group

Faaaatist!!!!

Pretty soon I’ll be condemned as *something*-ist !!!!!1!! cuz I wear lipstick every day.

…May 6, International No Diet Day … promoted the idea of overweight people as an oppressed class

University of Minnesota’s School of Public Health and its Office for Equity and Diversity … School of Social Work; its College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources; and its Improving Campus Climate…

Fat activism is a school of thought that puts overweight individuals into a category with other groups of people who claim to be oppressed. It puts the blame of being fat on society as a whole instead of the individual.

…negative body perceptions are taught through societal mechanisms and that overweight people cannot lose the extra fat.

…diet culture is a tool of “white heteronormative society

“Exercise and diets are constructs,”

“Fat phobia is a form of bigotry, is a form of discrimination” directly drawing parallels between supposed rape culture and fat culture

…discrimination regarding choices in sexual partners…

thin privilege

featuring Virgie Tovar, a self-proclaimed fat activist:

CannotUnsee »

Posted May 12, 2016 at 10:01 am |

I don’t have time to iron laundry so I am a member of the unpressed class.

2. Fawkes News (V for Article V)
    Posted May 12, 2016 at 10:30 am |

Sooooooo… what happens when the anti-”Fatist” SJWs come in contact with the Food Nazi SJWs?

I’m hoping for mutual annihilation.

3. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted May 12, 2016 at 10:32 am |

^ Gives me an idea for a Soylent Green prequel.

4. rickn8or
    Posted May 12, 2016 at 10:40 am |

5. ZZMike
    Posted May 12, 2016 at 10:46 am |

Part of being fat is genetic. Those little proteins and whatevers that control turning fat into doo-doo aren’t working right. The 800-pound man didn’t get there just by eating Big Macs.

“Fat phobia” – will this never end? The only “Fat phobia” to be found is in fat people.

And what about all the scorn directed to skinny people?

Anyway, it looks like the fat lady is getting her 15 minutes of fame.

6. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:06 pm |

That sounds like a research project with a multi kazillion dollar payoff, right there!!!

[I don't know nuttin about it -- I'm just lazy and I love to eat...]

Posted May 12, 2016 at 2:35 pm |

Isn’t it past time for her to sing?

8. Posted May 12, 2016 at 4:39 pm |

Well, go eat a sandwich if it makes you feel better. I don’t give a rat’s ass – in fact, you can eat that too, for all I care.

Posted May 12, 2016 at 6:43 pm |

Your freedom to be fat is heavily contested by:
    Me, when your lack of discipline drives up my group health insurance rates.
    Me, when you’re too cheap to buy two airline seats and demand to raise the arm rest between my seat and your seat, then squeeze me into the bulkhead or the aisle.
    Me, when I have to stand up in the theater and walk out to the aisle, annoying everyone between me and the aisle, because you can’t fit between me and the row in front, even if I stand up.
    Me, when your fat induced sleep apnea snoring keeps me awake on an overseas flight.
    Me, when your fat ass shatters my family heirloom early 1800′s chair.
    Now, if you want to be fat or don’t have the work ethic to change that condition, knock yourself out, but don’t expect me to give up hours of my life, my space, and my freedom to accommodate you.